Trying to Get Pregnant

Five Things Friday 8.28

What are your top 5 pet peeves? 

Re: Five Things Friday 8.28

• 1. DH opening up a package and not throwing out the teared off part of the package
    2. DH leaving his empty soda cans on the kitchen island, RIGHT above the drawer with the recycle bin
    3. My sister's awful table manners. She chews with her mouth open all the time  :s
    4. People who don't accelerate very fast on on-ramps to the freeway or after being stopped at an intersection
    5. When you're typing in the comment box and it randomly disappears so you're typing is no longer showing up. Anyone else having that right now on TB? I think it's the only place it has been happening to me but it's so annoying to deal with!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 Are we married to the same person?
    1. DH leaving his dishes on the corner of the kitchen island, literally 3 steps from the sink & dishwasher! :s
    2. Anyone who chews with their mouth open (DH included. He has been warned that this may lead to divorce, his choice.)
    3. Family members who always ask for favors but are never available to help when I need it.
    4. TB spoiler always getting me stuck in the box, TB tech glitches, TB not fixing their issues that have been clearly going on for years & years.
    5. I will spare you all my political tirade....
  • Loading the player...
  • @keikilove haha I think we've said that to each other a number of times! Yes we must be married to the same person. More like.... man trait... 
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • omg @inthewoods23 @keikilove yup I think our H's are cut from the same cloth... 

1. DH is apparently incapable of ever closing a ziplock bag properly. Dog treats, frozen fruit, snacks, etc, he will either rip it open and leave the strip of plastic on the counter (he must've gone to the same school of laziness as ITW's DH) or he'll only rip it halfway, then doesn't properly close the bag so it goes stale. :angry: 
    2. DH leaves the fridge/freezer doors wide open whenever he takes something out that he eventually intends to put back... key word *eventually*... opens it to get a drink, takes his sweet time walking to the cupboard to get a cup, pours it, stands there drinking it.... thinks about having another glass... all while the door is still wide open. CLOSE THE DOOR! 
    3. DH leaves clothes all over the house. Wherever he is, just takes his shirt/socks/pants/tie off and leaves it there. Then complains he has nothing to wear even after I do laundry because I only wash what's in the hamper. 
    4. My mom chews/talks with her mouth open constantly. Like will stop talking to shove more food in her mouth then continues to talk. My brother has physically gotten up and moved further away from her after asking her not to spit on him when she talks. 
    5. I might also have to steal @keikilove's #3, family/friends who are 'takers' who never reciprocate. Or if they do, they make a huge deal over it so we all know what a horrible inconvenience it is. My brother and BIL are the two worst offenders, but there are others. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @kiki047 yes omg DH does that all the time with the bags of shredded cheese!!! How hard is it to throw that piece out that you tear off???

Another pet peeve I have with my sister is that she'd take juice out of the fridge (she does close it at least lol), pours herself a glass, and then just leaves it out on the counter. Apparently because she might want another glass. Is it that big of a deal? Probably not, I doubt you could get sick from warm juice, but it's just another action that shows laziness. Oy.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • 1. Cabinet doors that are left open (I have to closed them even if they are open by an inch or 2.)
    2. DH's in ability to use a twist tie. He doesn't twist the ends together, he wraps the tie around the end of the bag in a circle a bunch of times. It comes twisted, just put it back on that way!
    The Secret Meaning Behind Twist Ties On Your Bread Packages
    3. People who tailgate, especially when I have a slow person in front of me, so I are not the reason the line of cars is going slow. What does tailgating me accomplish.
    4. People who don't use their blinkers
    5. Pictures hanging crooked. I need to straighten them.
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• lol @DoubleUp8 my OCD also needs to straighten crooked pictures. It drives me insane sitting in places like Dr's offices when they just slap notices up on the wall and they're all haphazard, sometimes only dangling by one corner... 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @DoubleUp8 YES to the open kitchen cabinets!!! How could I have forgotten this one?! MH is famous for this: takes out a plate, leaves cabinet door open. Takes a fork from the drawer, leaves drawer open. By the time I come into the kitchen behind him it looks like we were robbed & the burglars searched for items of value in every cabinet/drawer of our kitchen. It’s the worst! 
  • Oh this thread is fun. have sooo many lol

1) People with bad spelling or grammar. Especially coming from a professional business standpoint. 
    2) People who don't use their turn signals while driving.
    3) People who are disorganized. 
    4) People with rude table manners like burping, slurping food, chewing with mouth open. Noisy eaters. 
    5) People who don't know when to leave. Like when you have friends or guests over and you want to go to bed and your tired and they just won't get the hint. Like umm hello get the F out, go home! 😆
  • Are all husbands this way??!😅

1. DH never rinses dishes when he puts them in the sink. I cook dinner AND wash dishes and I have asked him a million times just to rinse his dishes so they're not stuck on grimey. We've been married six years and I still have to remind him. 

2. @mindyb2019 Yes! I have serious road rage when people refuse to use their turn signals. I also hate when you let people into your lane and they don't give a thank-you-wave. I always give thank you waves!

3. I'm a bartender and I vented to my husband last night about how people always ask me to pour heavy or make their cocktail strong... But they don't want to pay for it. Im at work. We're not best friends making cocktails in my kitchen. I'm getting paid to pour and make drinks a certain way. There's also a recipe/proportions I'm following to make your drink right. So, please, don't ask for a strong drink unless you want a double. 

4. Flakey people. I hate when people don't follow through on their plans or promises. I will have to be bleeding or dead to not follow through on a promise I made to you. 

5. Crooked pictures or anything that is generally misaligned and not in it's place. I literally will straighten pictures at friend's houses. I definitely feel like I'm being obnoxious haha but it drives me crazy. 
  • @bows22 I think I'm your number 5 pet peeve 😆😂 Oops! Lol 
  • @bows22 Yes to your #s 3, 4, & 5!!! (Sorry @mindyb2019😬, I didn’t notice you doing this lol). What really gets me is the drive-bys who take the time to ASK US if we think they could be KU because they’re too scared to take a test. What?? 
  • @keikilove ya I hate the drive by's too. Well I'm the person thats too scared to test and hate it cause I don't want to be disappointed and pass my LP and still don't test haha but I definitely dont post threads and ask if I'm KU 🤣 
  • @mindyb2019 I almost didn’t post #5 because I didn’t want you to think it was directed at you!🤣 You’re good, friend! Like I said there are exceptions! 
  • @bows22 @keikilove @mindyb2019 I bet we could come up with a great list of things Peggy's have said that are annoying/odd/don't make sense.

Like those that just track their periods and not actually their full cycles with their apps so for all they know, they are missing their O date by a few days. Or the "I get my period on the 15th of every month". In reality that probably is possible that it works out that way, but the way they explain their cycles just sounds really absurd. And when they say "like clockwork"

Also I really hate when they use specific dates when describing their cycles because I do not want to have to work out the math. My favorites though are the ones that are clearly testing at like, 3dpo and thinking AF is late.

Oh gosh I could probably go on and on.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 omg YES to when they use the dates. Listen peggy I don’t even know what the date is today 
  • @inthewoods23 YES to the dates! Wth, I’m not gonna take the time to whip out a calendar & then do calculations for you, Peggy! (Although I have a vague memory of maybe doing this when I first joined here? Hahahaha😂) 
  • A day late but I love this thread! 

@kiki047 your #2 is one of mine for sure. MH is SO bad with this. In the 12 years we've lived together, I've come home from work FOUR times to our freezer completely open and everything inside defrosted bc he grabbed something out before he went to work and forgot to close the door. FOUR TIMES. After the last time we bought a stand up freezer that has a lock on it for most of our frozen stuff (esp the expensive stuff) and I'm the only one who opens it. Our regular freezer only has ice, freezer packs, frozen vegetables, and random small stuff. Last time we bought a new refrigerator we got one that beeps if the doors are left open too long and it's amazing how often he leaves the doors open.

1. The bump mobile app
    2. The bump mobile app
    3. People who are rude to wait staff and people in customer service or service jobs. 
    4. People who are looking at their phone constantly when I'm having a meal/conversation/hanging out with them
    5. People who constantly cancel plans and then get upset that we never hang out 🙄 

Adding 6 & 7.... CD1 and the bump mobile app
  • @_orchid_ I’ve made the switch to the mobile browser and haven’t looked back. I still have to disconnect from WiFi to use it though. CD1 here too!