Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Friday 8/28

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Friday 8/28

• Month/Cycle: 3+ years

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: baseline testing today, HIO in FW, supplements, GF and DF diet

R/R: yay it's Friday! The week went by fast it feels. At the same time not really? Whatever! We have my cousin's wedding tomorrow so we'll see if that's a shit show. Otherwise, just hoping today goes by quickly. I get off a little early so I hope to really enjoy my weekend!

CS/Q: my temps are actually pretty close together this cycle so my line is very compact lol

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • @keikilove I hope everything goes according to plan this time! No more delays! I was talking with my friend yesterday cuz she wanted to get together outdoors and we got to talking about covid weddings. She was telling me that another friend of hers was a bridesmaid in a wedding who only found out after the fact that the hairstylist or the makeup artist KNOWINGLY came with Covid but didn't say anything. And this friend's husband had just had brain surgery!! Just un-fucking-believable that people don't think about the impact they can have by their actions.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 That wedding story is INSANE.  What is wrong with people?!?! 
  • @inthewoods23 hooray for Friday and for new testing. Do you know how long it’ll take to get results? How big is the wedding? You’ll have to report back if it’s 👍 or 👎🏻.

@keikilove SOOOOO excited for you. Are you going in for a baseline tomorrow or Sunday? When do you starts the stims?

Month/Cycle: 7/8

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: Clomid + IUI, plus all the vitamins / supplements (yesterday I sent the list of everything MH and I are taking to my RE; let’s see what she says.)

R/R: this was my “catch up after a week out of the office week” and it totally flew by. So many more things to do though! Also starting Clomid tonight. I hope I won’t have too many side effects... I also have a counselling session this morning. The service is offered for free by our fertility clinic so I decided to take advantage of it. 

CS/Q: booooring. 

MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• @inthewoods23 omg, that hairstylist story is ridiculous!! I hope you're able to have a fun and safe time this weekend! Gl for baseline testing!

@keikilove I hope everything goes smoothly for you this cycle!!

Month/Cycle: 5/3

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, Mira, PNV

R/R: I finally have something substantive to post here! Had my obgyn appt yesterday - the bad news is that my doc, who I love so much, is leaving the practice for a new area (so I can't follow her). The good news is that she put all the orders in and communicated my care plan to the incoming doc. Basically we're going to wait out the rest of this cycle - if I ovulate and also manage to get KU that's great, but if I don't ovulate (the more likely scenario) or if I do and don't get KU, going to start testing next cycle. I guess I need to call the office Day 1 of the new cycle to schedule the HSG for somewhere between Day 5 and Day 10, and if everything looks normal with that and SA start letrozole (I think the following cycle) w/ progesterone supplementation. The tough part will be getting MH to do his SA on time, he is such a procrastinator and I know he doesn't like the idea of having to go give a sample "on demand" :D But, I'm feeling less pressure for this cycle now that there's a set plan in place. 

• @acleverusername whoops I took too long to post and missed you! I'm curious to know what your RE thinks about the different supplements/if there are any they specifically recommend. That's awesome your clinic offers counseling!
  • @acleverusername my last clinic would have the results later in the day so I hope this one does too. I really don't know! I know if we were to do IVF through them it's only done at one of their Chicago locations or something *shrug*. I feel they've got to have a lab for the simple bloodwork stuff. The wedding is going to have maybe 40-ish people so it's shouldn't be too bad. Glad the week flew by for you!

@priyadoc that's a bummer that your doc is leaving, but that's so awesome that they're doing a good job of communicating to your next doc everything that is planned. I hope I don't struggle getting DH to do his SA either lol. It might be easier this time around because we're collecting it at home and bringing it in. At the other clinic, there's a room they have with a couch, some magazines and maybe some movies they can watch?? He didn't feel it was very sanitary so he used the bathroom for the deed :D
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 Enjoy the early start to your weekend. I hope you have fun at the wedding. I can't believe that story about the person knowingly coming with COVID to work the wedding. That is why I would probably cancel my wedding until this is all over. People are just stupid and inconsiderate! I hope the groom did not get sick. Also, jealous of the consistent temps, CD3 and CD4 were all over the place (one high and one low). I am tempted to ditch them to have a prettier chart!

@keikilove Yay AF! Glad she finally got her act together and you have begin the meds for egg retrieval.

@acleverusername I hope everything goes smoothly with the Clomid and you do not see too many side effects. It's nice that your clinic offers counseling. 

@priyadoc Sorry your doctor is leaving, but it sounds like she is getting the next doctor set up to hit the ground running with you. 

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: OPKs (1st time), BBT, and HIO EOD

R/R: Dh's grandfather had a good day yesterday. I think we ware just going to have to ride the emotional roller coaster for a bit. I am so glad it is Friday. We plan to pick apples at a local orchard this weekend; it's the first weekend for picking. We are lucky to live close enough that we go every weekend for fresh apples! We will often do an apple, meat, and cheese board for lunch when we get home and I can't wait! the place also makes hard cider, so I may pick a 6 pack up for a treat.

CS/Q: CD3 and CD4 were all over the place (one high and one low, but today I was back on a level with CD 1 and 2. Hoping it begins to look prettier soon!

~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• keikilovekeikilove member
    edited August 2020
    @DoubleUp8 Glad to hear YH’s grandpa is doing ok! The apple picking sounds awesome! So does the hard cider & charcuterie board. Yum! (I’ve never gone apple picking.😬 Have mostly lived in warm-weather places where it’s not available.) 

@priyadoc It is so hard losing a doctor you love. But it sounds like she has you set up well with the incoming. Exciting things are right around the corner for you after this cycle! 

@acleverusername How did the counseling session go? I’ve always wondered what it might be like from a fertility perspective.(We didn’t sign up at my RE’s office because she’s so far from us, but now that so much of everything is remote, I maybe should’ve reconsidered it earlier.) I hope you don’t have bad side effects from the meds. I’m waiting for Dr’s office to let me know when I start the meds based on my BW results that we are waiting for. So much waiting, waiting, waiting. 
    Edited for typos. 
  • @priyadoc it sucks that your OB is leaving her practice, but it sounds like she's leaving you in good hands! Hooray for having a plan. So, RE got back to me with feedback on our supplements, and the only thing she's having me do is increase my ubiquinol (COQ10) dosage slightly. I've included the list of supplements MH and I are taking in the spoiler: 

Me:
    1 x Pre-natal vitamin - Vitamin Code RAW Prenatal which contains, among other things, 800mcg of folate, 1400IU of Vitamin D, and 5000mg of Vitamin A. 
    2 x Myo-inositol / d-chiro-inositol - 2000mg/50mg (for PCOS)
    3 x Ubiquinol 400mg
    1 x Omega3 (EPA 650mg, DHA 450mg, Other 180mg)
    1 x Vitamin D3 5000IU
    1 x Melatonin 3mg
    2 x Methyl Folate 1600mcg (brings up my total folate to 4mg; needed b/c of MTHFR mutation)

DH
    1 x Selenium 200mcg
    1 x Vitamin D3 5000IU
    1 x Methyl Folate 800mcg
    1 x Zing 30mg
    1 x L-Carnitine 1000mg
    1 x Ubiquinol 200mg

@DoubleUp8 Your weekend plan sound really great! I used to love going apple picking back home; it's such a great "fall" activity. And the apples taste so much better when you picked them yourself. 

@keikilove 1000000% on the waiting. Argh! My counseling session was great! Actually, it turns out they don't offer "continuous" counseling, so this was more of an initial getting things off my chest, and also "tell me what you're thinking about and I'll get you over to the right people for continued support" type of session. Which was great! She's sent me therapists that specialize in fertility issues, so I don't have to give that explanation to them. 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023