February 2021 Moms
Options

PGAL Check In 24 August

This thread is for anyone who has experienced loss at any point in pregnancy or experienced the loss of a child. ((Please feel free to share your loss story if you haven’t already.))

How far along are you? 

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? 

Any upcoming appointments? 

GTKY: What are your Top 5 most used emojis?

Re: PGAL Check In 24 August

• Options
    This thread is for anyone who has experienced loss at any point in pregnancy or experienced the loss of a child. ((Please feel free to share your loss story if you haven’t already.))

How far along are you? 
    17 Weeks today/DD 1 February/Baby is the size of a Taco

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? 
    I am so tired all the time. But then last night the pregnancy dreams were vivid, crazy and CONSTANT. Ughhh. The nausea is better and the baby kicks are more regular throughout the day now instead of just at night so that's reassuring. The second trimester is an easier place for me to be mentally and emotionally.

Any upcoming appointments? 
    My anatomy scan is 11 September 

🤣😂♥️🤦🏻‍♀️😳
  • Options
    How far along are you? 16+2

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Good! Boobs are still sore, but otherwise physically fine. I'm getting a little antsy because we're about a week out from the point in my last pregnancy that they discovered our MMC.

Any upcoming appointments? 9/1 for general OB & 9/22 for MFM anatomy scan. I'm sure I'm going to be a nervous wreck before both.

GTKY: What are your Top 5 most used emojis? 😘💕😂😭😗
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    animommyanimommy member
    edited August 2020
    How far along are you? 15+1

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Round ligament pain yikes! Mainly on right side but tough to get comfortable. Insomnia still (which is normal for me anyway, it's just exacerbated now) and exhaustion really kicking in. I'm trying not to stress because I spotted this morning when I woke (hope this isn't TMI) but it was fresh & one dot but it sent me into a tailspin because I don't do well with unknowns at all. I couldn't think of a reason for it so my mind raced. OB Nurse was not concerned & I go in tomorrow anyway for my 15wk appt, it just feels like forever away when nerves are a thing & not much distraction (SO grateful for this board!).
    Eh, as far as my situation before, I seriously get if everyone thinks I'm nuts after I share this (I'm pretty scared that's what will happen but here goes). As concise as I can be considering the details, I had a REALLY inexperienced, young tech w/an attitude problem who ignored patient cues & wishes (I declined the internal u/s THREE TIMES & she insisted it "wasn't an option") & the entire hosp treated me like I was an overreacting idiot (but I have a connective tissue disease) she was extremely aggressive w/the wand & (it shouldn't take 45 mins either) I continuously said I was having pain w/the internal u/s. (In hindsight I realized she had it too far internally the entire time as I had one after to "confirm" things)... She (towards the end)...jabbed hard & went a little too far (I'm being kind) & I screamed in pain...My water began to leak on the table & I asked what the trickling I was feeling was & she rolled her eyes and ignored it & insisted it was the gel...
    seconds later as she's watching the screen, her eyes get huge & she abruptly stopped the u/s telling me to clean up. Found out during *this* pregnancy when I told MFM about it, when they looked in the system, the Hosp CHANGED the report & covered it up (we SAW the original report ourselves which they refused to give us a physical copy of "oddly" & I'm HIGHLY aware of how unbelievable this all sounds), lying saying I had a MMC (I SAW the baby myself on the screen, they told us a HR and said there was NO reason to worry everything looked as it should) after I had contacted an atty. All of the Hosp staff ignored me when I was complaining of severe back cramping after the u/s. Very patronizing and said "it was normal"...I couldn't walk for a week afterward she was so rough & continue to this day to have nitemares. I m/c hours after I got home. I believe there's a special place in Hell for these people. Sorry for the graphic nature, there's no way I can think to put it delicately...
    I think this is why I'm afraid to relax this time around. I also get extremely angry whenever I see or hear that "internal u/s is entirely safe". It entirely depends on the person doing it.

Any upcoming appointments? Tomorrow for 2nd Trimester follow up, then 8 September & 28 September both w/MFM

GTKY: What are your Top 5 most used emojis? (I don't often use them and only a limted amount are showing on PC for me) Typically the laughing with tears ones, a smirk one & this:
     :D 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 16+5

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Heartburn is my new enemy, exhaustion is still around and nausea only shows up when I need to eat. Mentally most days I’m good but then I have moments of anxiousness again. I’m so ready for the anatomy scan!

Any upcoming appointments? Next Wednesday for my 18 week check

GTKY: What are your Top 5 most used emojis? 😂😆😐😭🙌🏼
  • Options
    How far along are you? 16+2

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? All the headaches and heartburn. Still really tired. Some insomnia and sleeping like crap now that I have to sleep on my side. Some nausea but that’s mostly gone. Pretty bad pregnancy brain. Had it last time too. Mentally ok. Some bouts of anxiety but those are less frequent as well. I do feel both better and more anxious now that we are totally public. Happy I don’t have to hide it but anxious in case anything goes wrong. 

Any upcoming appointments? OB on 9/2. Nothing special except some more testing... for.. I don’t remember (see pregnancy brain). 

😂🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️🙄👍🏻
  • Options
    How far along are you? 15 weeks 1 day

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Pretty good! Not much to report this week. A little nervous about Monday’s appointment because I haven’t felt movement yet. 

Any upcoming appointments? Monday aug 31

GTKY: What are your Top 5 most used emojis? 🤣😂😆🤪😳

@animommy that’s a crazy story and I’m sorry you had that experience! 
  • Options
    @animommy I am so sorry for your whole experience. That’s awful and definitely over the top and so unnecessary, not to mention unprofessional. 😣😢
  • Options
    @birdiejo @mdfarmchick Thank you tremendously. I haven't even told my closest friends what went on or that I was even pregnant. Your support seriously put me in tears today. I greatly appreciate it. For reference, the day I m/c was the day (since you guys know the history now) my mom barged into my house unannounced, freaking out. (She knew something was up). I was sitting in shock so we had to tell her (we had not announced yet or anything). That was the first time I'd been expecting. So now this time, the fact that she's gone entirely unsupportive, nasty & giving silent treatment has me floored. So, the support I have gotten from you guys has been invaluable to me. Not to air all my business, but I want you to know I don't think I could get thru it otherwise. Thank you for offering a place where we can all discuss these kinds of things & your kindness.
  • Options
    @animommy - I don't blame you for feeling that way! I feel mildly traumatized just reading it :(  I'm so so sorry you went through that! How did your appointment go today?  

@birdiejo - Same with the no-movement.  Hopefully hearing the HB will help calm your nerves Monday!

Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    animommyanimommy member
    edited August 2020
    @WildMagelet I was worried about upsetting someone by posting the background. I'm sorry about that. Thank you so much for the support & thank you for asking. It went well and the Nurse had a bit of a tough time getting the heartbeat on the doppler cuz he was moving so much! She could sense my worry & told me it kept fading because he was so active! She was then able to get it so that was great! I have some extra tests to schedule because I'm high risk but knock wood so far!

@birdiejo we are the same amount of time along & I have not really felt movement either if it's any consolation. I'm also 15+2 today. My OB said most women go 18-20wks til they really feel movement (I'm sure many others have felt sooner, but they said not to stress if it wasn't until then), despite what the internet says ha. Hope that helps. Fingers crossed for you & keep us posted please.
  • Options
    @animommy this is my third kid and that’s true for the first one but I felt my second a bit earlier ! I’m just anxious for it to start but it’s still pretty early. 
  • Options
    @birdiejo Oh I'm sorry! I should know that too because I've been trying to keep up with everyone's situation! I hope you're able to feel something soon or at least able to get some peace of mind at your appointment.
  • Options
    @animommy big hugs. Listen, this space is for all of that to be shared. I love the Irish proverb... Shared sorrow is half sorrow. Shared joy is double joy. I hope the sorrow is a little less and I’m sorry your mom is being so awful too. ♥️

@birdiejo anterior placenta? I had that with my first ((first flutters at like 19 weeks but nothing solid until 22)), and again with my second and felt the faintest flutters at 17 weeks. It’s hard not to worry with PGAL brain. ♥️♥️♥️
  • Options
    17+3

Trying to stay hydrated so my BP stays at a functioning level. Emotionally I think I'm ok, I told my boss I'll need maternity leave in February and it totally threw him off 🤣 he said congratulations though and to send him whatever paperwork we did last time.

A/S on 9/15 I'm excited and nervous about it, I just want everything to be ok.

🙄🥱🤷🏻‍♀️😂😳 (I think this is my recent list and not most used)

I just started feeling inconsistent flutters week 16 as a third time mom so please be one worry about not feeling much! An anterior placenta can really affect what you feel as well ❤️

@animommy I'm glad you shared your story and I'm so sorry that happened to you. 

• Options
    @animommy that is HORRIFYING. You experienced trauma, and it must be hard to trust people caring for you during this pregnancy. I'm so sorry you went through that.

How far along are you? 17 + 3

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? TIRED. That is all. 

Any upcoming appointments? Today!

GTKY: What are your Top 5 most used emojis? Not on my phone, but probably eyeroll, teeth showing, crying-laughing, smile with little hearts around it, and either scream or barf lol. 
    Rainbow Baby? {2.1.21}
    MC at 8 weeks {EDD 9.2.20}
    Rainbow Girl! {2.28.16}Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby boy, lost at 16 weeks {EDD 6.10.15}

• Options
    @adorebel Entirely it. I already have trust issues so that didn't help. Thank you.

How did your appointment go today?
  • Options
    @animommy I am so sorry you went through all of that. Does your current office know what happened? I hope they are much more empathetic. Thank you for sharing!
  • Options
    animommyanimommy member
    edited August 2020
    @babymamadimo Yes, I had told them & they are being cautious. Thank you for asking & the support, it means so much.
    However, my MFM doctor (who seems to be extremely fact based, like if his mind can't wrap around something outside of a textbook it troubles him) did not seem to believe me which...was EXTREMELY difficult for my s/o & I to sit thru (he went over the report and instead of finding what I told him-vastly different report, like uterus TYPE wrong, etc; (the girl truly didn't know what she was doing) he read me the report after they changed it which is how we found out it even happened. I said they lied...he continued to explain to me what a MMC was. That was hell. I said *I SAW THE BABY MYSELF*, they gave us a heart rate, measurements (all of which I recited & s/o corroborated. The *doctor*, not tech told us) my bloodwork was good, etc. I think he isn't "allowed" to tell me if he believed me b/c he did say to me "NEVER again go to an ER for pregnancy related things...call your doctor first. An ER does NOT know what they are doing with pregnancies. Call your Doc & try to get in." then abruptly moved on. I caught his drift. (As an aside: I expected the report change as I have a couple friends who both worked in Hospitals, one exclusively for L&D...I was told to expect the report to change & that they would try to cover it up. They know what goes on in hospitals but they can't say that.)