Questions? 

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve?

Re: Week 3 (11/15 - 11/21) Check In - Week of 8/24

• krystrist2014krystrist2014 member
    edited August 2020
    Estimated due date (EDD): 11/19/20

Week of pregnancy: 27+4  

Baby is the size of: head of cabbage

Upcoming Appointments: 3hr glucose tomorrow, echocardiogram for baby Thursday, and OB appointment Friday. It’s a busy week. 
    Rant/Rave: While DD started Kindergarten last Wed, they had half days all week. Today was the first full day and she didn’t want to go this AM. She cried and begged me for another hug and kiss as she was pulled away from carline. So, can I just say that I hate covid, I hate that I’m forced to drop my baby off in a line that the school is rushing parents and kids to get through with zero option to give her another hug if I want to! 😭 Obviously I know logically that she is fine and likely had a good day regardless of the bad start, but it broke my heart and I balled my eyes out as I drove away. 

Questions? None

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve? People chewing with their mouths open.... also loud chewers. I ate being in a restaurant and seeing kids chew with their mouths open and parents don’t even attempt to correct it. 😳 sorry, not sorry, it’s gross!

edited for spacing 
  • Estimated due date (EDD): 11/18

Week of pregnancy: 28

Baby is the size of: eggplant, plate of pancakes, ferret

Upcoming Appointments: next Tues

Rant/Rave: a week of school down, and my kids haven't been late or forgotten anything yet!! Lol

Questions? 

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve? Alot of things bother me, but recently my hubby having the TV on, and playing a game on the computer, or watching videos on his phone at the same time, has been driving me bonkers. Lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Estimated due date (EDD): 11/18

Week of pregnancy: 28

Baby is the size of: Squash

Upcoming Appointments: 8/28

Rant/Rave: I don’t what it is but DH, and MIL have been giving me a lot grief about shopping for baby “in case something happens...” I get it but at what point is it “safe?” It has really stressed me out this week, I know they mean well but geez.

Questions? Does anyone not shop for baby until after they get here?

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve? Omg. So many 😂🤣 not communicating, people touching me, or being too close, smacking while eating...I could go on and on lol. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @wychets wait, are they saying not to shop for baby in case something happens to baby? Or are they saying you should be shopping in case something happens like baby comes early? I personally don’t shop for baby until I find out the sex. Also, on another note - are you planning to migrate to FB? The migration has started and I just wanted to make sure you didn’t miss that thread because I would miss you if you don’t migrate over. 🙂
  • @krystrist2014 in case something happens to baby, unfortunately.

and yes I did miss that, where can I find instructions?
  • bserenabserena member
    edited August 2020
    @wychets there is a thread that says "Facebook group time!" :) just send @crizz13 a message with your FB name and email and she will send the invite to you!
  • @bserena found it, ty☺️
  • @wychets tell them not to come over here then. Granted this is number #3 so we had almost everything, but I'm almost done shopping. Lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • babywiikbabywiik member
    edited August 2020
    @whychets Sneaking in from week 2. I'm definitely preparing especially as the time gets closer because I know that not doing so will cause extra stress after baby is born. That being said, my family has never had baby showers (or any showers for any sort of occasion) for the reason that your husband and MIL mentioned. I remember asking my mom about this and she said that it's one thing to buy things yourself but what do you do with gifts other people have given, should something happen? So, gifts are brought after the baby is born. Its also important to know that my mom had three babies in a row who passed away. One was stillborn at 8 months, then a MC and the next was born super sick at 8 months and lived 3.5 months in the hospital. After that she had 5 healthy girls so there's a happy ending! I don't want to freak anyone out because most of the time babies are born perfectly healthy and it doesnt help to stress about future what-if's. I am curious though if maybe your MIL has had some experience similar to my mom's that would cause her to think/worry more that something might happen?
    Edited for typos