Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTF Wednesday 8.26

edited August 2020 in Trying to Get Pregnant
What has you doing this today?

Re: WTF Wednesday 8.26

• Options
    I've got one and it's only 8 am!
    There is a little BAT stuck in my window! He/she is wedged between two screens. Just hanging upside down and chilling. HOW THE HELL DID HE GET THERE?!? Do I open the window and try to help? Wait for him to wake up and get himself out? Wait for him to die?? OMG WHAT DO?? He's so cute, I don't want him to die in my window! DH thinks I am insane for wanting to help!

• Options
    @emeraldduchess you can Google things to do to help it get itself out. Otherwise I'd call pest control either for their suggestions or for them to get it out for you.

Just don't turn into Kelly

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @emeraldduchess they can fit through the tiniest holes! When we had one when I was a kid, we grabbed it with hot dog tongs, stuck it out the screen, and released.
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    akorosakoros member
    edited August 2020
    @emeraldduchess He's eating all your mosquitoes! (can you send him over to my house?) Last year I found an injured bird on our patio and totally freaked out. I did find out that we have a local "urban wildlife" rescue organization that specifically helps hurt and orphaned wild animals (and has the cutest baby squirrel photos). I panicked and called them, but by the time I got home the bird had flown off. If you get concerned you can see if there's something similar in your area. Our humane rescue alliance also helps wild animals, too, so that's another option. 
  • Options
    @akoros And now I want to go out an buy a bat box 🦇
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    I've always wanted a bat house for the back yard. Maybe this is a sign that I should finally get one! 
  • Options
    akorosakoros member
    edited August 2020
    @emeraldduchess Do it!!! They clearly like your house anyway, so it's perfect timing. Now I want to look up a bat house and see if it's feasible in a dense area. We always had bats living in these super tall evergreen trees at my parents' house, it was fun watching them fly around at night (and swoop down to drink/eat from the pool, scaring the s**t out of anyone who was swimming)
  • Options
    @akoros I'm glad I am not the only one here who thinks bats are adorable!

Well, the little ones here in the northeast. The big gigantic ones you find in some other places on Earth? Not so much. 
  • Options
    @akoros you mean in a population dense area? They definitely are! I'm right outside NYC and went to a program a few years ago by a bat guy. He lives a few towns over from me in a more crowded area and had one in his yard. I remember him saying bat houses are great in human crowded areas bc there aren't a lot of natural places for them to go so they end up in human areas. The bat houses don't need to be very big either!
  • Options
    akorosakoros member
    edited August 2020
    @emeraldduchess They eat bugs, and I hate bugs, so at a young age I decided that we're buddies. And they are super cute (those ears!). Went on a Google spree and found out that local Girl Scouts put forth a bill earlier this year to make the little brown bat our "state" mammal, which made me super happy, but then at the end of the article it says that there hasn't been a reported sighting of the little brown bat in DC for 16 years so they're probably all gone :(  Scouts are shifting to a different bat, but still really sad. 
  • Options
    @_orchid_ Yay! Also found instructions on where to buy (or how to DIY) a bat box from our local gov't, so now all I need to do is get approval from the HOA (and my husband...who will think I'm crazy when I tell him this)
  • Options
    @akoros good luck with that conversation! We've thought about it, but we have big evergreens behind our house and I think they hang out there anyway. We have a compost pile right under the tree so I think they snack on the bugs there. 

My WTF Wednesday is at myself. I took a phone break the last two weeks (not looking at my phone other than calls/texts/calendar) and completely forgot about a work obligation I volunteered for tonight. I was supposed to get stuff ready for it last Thursday and completely forgot. Scrambling today!! 
  • Options
    Yikes! Good luck getting everything done, @_orchid_!
  • Options
    Thanks @emeraldduchess! Got it done and it went ok. 
  • Options
    I think bats are also cute lol