Trying to Get Pregnant

Win/Wine/Whine Wednesday 8.26

1)  Win - What's a small (or big) win you've had recently? 

2)  Wine - What's your favorite drink to have/make when you've had a hard day (doesn't have to be wine)? 

3)  Whine - What's your least favorite thing about life right now?

*GIFs encouraged! I admit I started this thread because this GIF of Stanley Tucci making a cocktail is something we all need right now. 

Re: Win/Wine/Whine Wednesday 8.26

• 1)  Win - What's a small (or big) win you've had recently? Got our new couch yesterday! Unfortunately it does have a small rip in the side. They offered to either take it right back or leave it behind and do a free exchange at a later date. We decided to do the exchange so we at least have the couch and can work on deciding how to finish out the room. 

2)  Wine - What's your favorite drink to have/make when you've had a hard day (doesn't have to be wine)? I did it, I bought a bottle of green Chartreuse after the conversation last week! So far I've only integrated it into a gimlet (delicious), but excited to try it out in other things.

3)  Whine - What's your least favorite thing about life right now? Not feeling work this week. Just not motivated at all

• 1)  Win - What's a small (or big) win you've had recently? Taking care of my mental health FTW! Also the fact that I bought some prints for the laundry room and DH actually liked them! One is a laundry guide with all the symbols, another says "wash & dry", "fold & repeat", and I can't remember what the 4th one says haha. It's another folding related one so 2 will go by the washer and dryer, and the folding related ones will go over our folding table (which I can't even use right now because it's covered in junk! ha). He doesn't care for the ones I bought for the kitchen (they say "olive you" and "feelin' good from my head tomatoes") because they kind fit a Tuscan theme and aren't very modern. The laundry room ones use a font similar to what's in the gif in the spoiler.
    Take Your Pills GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

2)  Wine - What's your favorite drink to have/make when you've had a hard day (doesn't have to be wine)? I've been enjoying the comfort of hot chocolate recently. My meds say not to take with alcohol so that's definitely off the table!

3)  Whine - What's your least favorite thing about life right now? Getting "lapped"  :/:|

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • 1) Win: My new job! I go for a tour of the school today and when I get home, it's time to shop for some new classroom decor. I'm pretty proud of myself for crushing that interview less than 24 hours after my egg-retrieval, too. 

2)Wine: Lately I have been craving pear-tinis. We have a local restaurant that makes REALLY good ones. They also have a spiked cider every fall that comes in a martini glass with a cinnamon-sugar rim. They are delicious and blow pumpkin beer right out of the water. 

3) Whine: I'm still bloated and crampy from my retrieval. I'm dreading tomorrow's update on whether or not the 4 fertilized eggs we got have continued to grow. 

• Kenneylynn3Kenneylynn3 member
    edited August 2020
    @emeraldduchess yay! Congrats on the new job!

1. Win: DW finished building or dvd shelf and I got all our DVDs on it and alphabetized. 
    2. Wine: last night I made mint mojitos.
    3. Whine: so I got some labs on Monday at a lab close to me. 1st she put the blood in the wrong tube and had to redraw some blood. 2nd they did the wrong labs. 3rd I had to call to inform them they ran the wrong test and which test my Dr ordered so the could run the proper test. 4th they never sent the results to my Dr so my Dr office called to get the labs info to get the results.....morons. This is why we go to a Dr 45 minutes away. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • )  Win - What's a small (or big) win you've had recently? Have managed to pull myself together and do laundry. 

2)  Wine - What's your favorite drink to have/make when you've had a hard day (doesn't have to be wine)? I like beer because it is cold and east to grab!

Open Beer GIFs  Tenor

3)  Whine - What's your least favorite thing about life right now? Feeling tired and over this week. Thanks AF.

~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• edited August 2020
    1)  Win - I had to do a company-wide presentation via MS Teams and I had to share documents, work the chat box, manage attendees, etc. With so much that could go wrong, I am happy to report it was a big success!

2)  Wine - It's wine. lol. Sauvignon Blanc please! Silver lining to AF's arrival - having a glass of this. You know, just one glass... 

3)  Whine - Least favorite thing is how much I let TTC consume me and impact my happiness in other areas. Life is still good - sometimes I wish I could let it go a little bit!

• @DoubleUp8 Laundry seems so easy but it never fails that I efficiently get it out of the dryer and into a laundry basket, where it sits for days on end getting more and more wrinkled every day!  :D 

@emeraldduchess A pear-tini sounds AMAZING! I don't know if I have every had pear, but love melon, blueberry, apple, pretty much any martini. Hoping for good news for you on your fertilized eggs!

@Kenneylynn3 That is SO frustrating. Not only is that unacceptable, it's also such a stressful time in our lives that it makes it even WORSE to have the professionals messing things up. 
  • DoubleUp8DoubleUp8 member
    edited August 2020
    @akoros Yay new couch, boo having to exchange it!

@inthewoods23 those prints sounds super cute. My laundry room is the basement, so I don't know if prints would help spruce it up. I'm jealous of your laundry room.

@emeraldduchess Congrats on the new job! FFWC I was reading quickly and for number two I thought you had written "Lately I have been craving penis" :flushed:
    Embarassed GIF  Gfycat

@Kenneylynn3 Organization is the best! Sorry about the stupid lab.

@babyfeverbeliever congrats on the presentation! I'm glad it went well.

Edit: grammer errors annoy me
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• @DoubleUp8 our laundry room happens to be massive lol. It's the size of a small kitchen. The folding table that's built in is about the size of a dining room table! I almost wonder if I should have bought the prints in 11x14 instead of the usual 8x10. We'll see. Still waiting on my frames to arrive from IKEA!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause