Pregnant after IF

All trimester - Check in - August 24

• How far along/EDD?
  • How are you feeling this week?
  • Rants/Raves? Questions?
  • Any upcoming appointments?
  • GTKY: What's the one movie you've seen so many times you can't remember how many times you've seen it? If movies isn't your thing, what song makes you want to get up and dance every time you hear it?

Also! Feel free to post pics of nurseries and bumps.

Calling!!!

@cashewchicken EDD 8/8

@businesswife EDD 8/21

@31magnolia EDD 9/8 (Girl)

@artemis618 EDD 9/2 (Boy)

@mtpbadger EDD 11/13

@vetgirl2011 EDD 11/17

@omarismyhomeboy EDD 12/24

@the_road_to_oz EDD 12/31

@laurelew EDD 3/4

@Kimbrlyg814 EDD 3/4

madasm0530 EDD 4/3

lucyb1954 EDD ???

Re: All trimester - Check in - August 24

• How far along/EDD? 12w3d, 3/6/2021
    • How are you feeling this week? I’m still just in awe that I’ve made it this far! Baby is healthy and ultrasound last week went so well! Feeling great. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Rave! Finding out gender tonight from NIPT results!!!!! 💜💙💜💙
    • Any upcoming appointments? Not until September.
    • GTKY: What's the one movie you've seen so many times you can't remember how many times you've seen it? If movies isn't your thing, what song makes you want to get up and dance every time you hear it? I like movies but typically don’t rewatch them a ton... but elf I’ve seen a million times lol I LOVE music and a song that still makes me want to get up and dance is Temperature by Sean Paul. Just a fun beat!
     @BusinessWife any baby yet!?

• @Kimbrlyg814 Still just an inside baby! 🤣

I have appointments on Wednesday for a repeat Covid test (JOY!) as well as MW and chiro...
  • Loading the player...
  • @BusinessWife baby is holding on! Good luck at your appointments this week! ❤️
    • How far along/EDD? 12w5d, EDD 3/4/2021
    • How are you feeling this week? Same.  While my nausea is better than it was at week 9 I am so over having mild nausea 24/7.  I've also had a stuffy nose and headaches, which I understand are both pregnancy sysmptoms -- yay!
    • Rants/Raves? Questions?  12 week ultrasound and NT testing was yesterday.  Everything looks perfect!  My DH was even able to join me for the ultrasound, which was pretty special since it was the first appointment he could attend with me since the pandemic started.  We are slowly starting to tell extended family and friends the news this week.  Kind of scary but also exciting at the same time!  We've also been stocking up on baby gear.  We took advantage of the Nordstrom anniversary sale to order a stroller and high chair.  The crib should be arriving on Thursday.  I can't wait for DH to put it together (even though he doesn't understand why I want to crib put together now).  Home decorating has been my hobby throughout the infertility struggles and I have been waiting for the opportunity to finally get to decorate our nursery since we moved into this house 3 years ago!
    • Any upcoming appointments?  Next appointment is a telehealth appointment on Sept 8.
    • GTKY: What's the one movie you've seen so many times you can't remember how many times you've seen it? If movies isn't your thing, what song makes you want to get up and dance every time you hear it?  My mom, dad, sister and I started watching the movie White Christmas every year maybe 15 years ago. :)

@Kimbrlyg814 Congrats on finding out the gender tonight!
    @BusinessWife Thinking of you!

Sharing my pregnancy announcement as a spoiler.  I'm not on social media but I still wanted to come up with something cute.  I've been texting and e-mailing everyone the news.

• @laurelew aww, what a cute announcement!  So happy for you to finally get to decorate your dream nursery. ☺️
  • @laurelew love the announcement!! ❤️❤️❤️ It is scary at first to tell others. I almost regret it for a bit after but I am reminding myself to celebrate the good news I have today and that is I am pregnant. Enjoy telling your friends and family!!
    • How far along/EDD? 38w0d; Eviction date is set for 9/2.
    • How are you feeling this week? pelvis pressure, swollen feet and tired! But still good overall. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? None really. Well, I guess a rant could be that my cervix isn't doing anything. It's softening but that's it. Doctor doesn't want to go past 39w1d, so we're set to induce next Wed. I'm not set on a vaginal or c-section. Nice thing is the doctor said we can we try for vaginal and then I can change my mind and go for c-section. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Had my last appointment today. Baby is measuring 7 lbs. 10 oz., so we're thinking she'll 8 lbs. next week. 
    • GTKY: What's the one movie you've seen so many times you can't remember how many times you've seen it? If movies isn't your thing, what song makes you want to get up and dance every time you hear it? I answered movie last week, so this week I'll do music. I have so many, but I  would probably say, Whitney Houston's, I wanna dance with somebody.
    • How far along/EDD? Dec 31 22 weeks. 
    • How are you feeling this week? I'm actually having a REALLY rough time. I went into pre-term labor last week (TWICE) but the doctors were able to stop it. My doctor pulled me out of work through the end of the pregnancy / postpartum, and since this was a complication of the HG I am getting a PICC line (which totally is freaking me out) and a nurse to come to my house every other day for IV fluids and nutrition. My leave begins Friday.
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? So I am feeling pretty good about my team of doctors. They have been awesome about taking these complications seriously, and aggressive in getting me treatment  quickly. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? So so many appointments. 
    • GTKY: What's the one movie you've seen so many times you can't remember how many times you've seen it? If movies isn't your thing, what song makes you want to get up and dance every time you hear it? 

Clearly I forgot to change the question of the week. Duh. 

• @the_road_to_oz oh how scary!  I'm sorry you've been going through all that, but I'm glad your team is taking it all very seriously and getting you out of work! 👍 I had a picc line once upon a time, you'll be fine.  I even remember quite fondly my visiting nurse, Vanessa.  One more part of the journey I guess.  I'm glad you and bub are in good hands. ❤️❤️❤️ PM me if you have any questions, okay?
  • @the_road_to_oz - whew! Happy everyone is taking the appropriate measures. 
    I also had a picc line a few years ago. They are not that bad to put in, at least not that I recall. Getting them out was a pain in then it but again not that bad. I had mine in for 2-3 months. 
  • @the_road_to_oz Eek, how scary!  I'm glad your team is on it!

@lauralew Super cute announcement!  I admit I've generally been to chicken to tell anyone each time until I was showing and they saw me in person.  Which is silly because there's no reason you shouldn't celebrate your pregnancy every day!

AFM...
    • How far along/EDD?  9/2, but scheduled eviction this Thursday, 8/27 AM (one more day!)
    • How are you feeling this week?  Less and less comfortable.  So much bigger than with DD.  Maybe a little in denial that this is happening so soon.  MIL will watch DD while I'm in the hospital, but I feel like DH is going to have to come home to take care of DD and I don't know whether the hospital will let him go back and forth.  Again hoping the nurses and nursery will be available to help out if not...
    • Rants/Raves? Questions?  I am excited to finally meet our little man (and kind of be rid of a parasite :p).  Feeling uncertain about how breastfeeding will go.  Last time I knew we'd wean before a year (to get pregnant again) so I really stressed myself out hoarding milk.  I froze 2100 oz and it a little bit ruined my maternity leave.  If breastfeeding works out with this kiddo, I'd like to just be able to enjoy it more (as we think we're done after this one...I'm already SO tired...)
    • Any upcoming appointments?  Had my COVID test this morning (negative, not shockingly), and I'm to report to the hospital for eviction at 5:30AM this Thursday morning!
    • GTKY: What's the one movie you've seen so many times you can't remember how many times you've seen it? If movies isn't your thing, what song makes you want to get up and dance every time you hear it?  Since I also answered the movie option last week, I'll go for the song one this week.  Hmm...I'm going to say "Come On Eileen"
    Have great weeks, everyone!
    About me:
    Married 6/18/16 (Me 42, DH 44), TTC #2
    ***TW***
    Natural BFP 8/10/16 --> mc our NIPT-normal little girl at 11w5d on 10/1/16 :(
    As of 12/2016:  AMH 1.42, FSH 6.1, AFC ~10
    Self-benched Nov-Dec 2016 for
    IVF #1 Jan-Feb 2017 (OCP, testosterone primed antagonist w/HGH - ER 2/2/17 - 12R, 7M ICSI'd, 3F, 0B)
    IVF #2 Mar-Apr 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 4/8/17 - 10R, 8M, 8F, 5B, 1 PGS normal)
    IVF #3 May-Jun 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 6/4/17 - 14R, 5F, 3B, 0 normal)
    **New RE**
    IVF #4 Sept 2017 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 9/28/17 - 33R, 18F, 10B, 4 PGS normals!)
    FET #1 (medicated) of one PGS normal 4AA XX 11/2/17 - Beta #1 11/11/17 (153), Beta #2 11/13/17 (324), mc at 5w1d on 11/19/17 :(
    IVF #5 Dec 2017 - Insemination of 9 frozen eggs from 2012 (8F, 1B, 0 normal)
    Jan 2018 - Natural cycle ERA (normal/receptive) & stimming for
    IVF #6 Jan-Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/3/18 - 17R, 6M, 4F, 0 blasts)
    IVF #7 Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/26/18 - 19R, 9M, 9F, 4B, 2 PGS normals)
    FET #2 Apr 2018 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 4AA- XX 4/5/18 - Beta #1 4/14/18 (67), Beta #2 4/16/18 (231)
    Rainbow baby girl born 12/16/2018 (via c-section, induced at 39 weeks)

-----
    TFAS!
    FET #3 Dec 2019 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 3BB XY 12/16/19 - Beta #1 12/24/19 (139), Beta #2 12/27/19 (482)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @the_road_to_oz oh no! I’m so sorry you’re dealing with that but it sounds like you have a great team and great plan moving forward. Keep us updated! 

@artemis618 you are SO close!! Hopefully it will be an uneventful delivery and DD does well with the adjustment! I was just telling DH the other day that I’m hoping I won’t have to pump as much with this babe (since DD was early I started exclusively pumping before she latched around 3 months and then was kind of obsessive about my supply, pumping, freezing, etc) and get to just enjoy nursing a little bit more. 

@lauralew love the announcement! We didn’t do any formal announcements with our pregnancies but did cute little stuff to tell our immediate family (wine bottles the first time with custom labels announcing) and just put DD in a “big sister” shirt this time and waited for ppl to notice lol. 

• How far along/EDD? 28w5d
    • How are you feeling this week? Pretty good! Sleep has been good the past few nights. DD started daycare again part time this week so it’s nice to be able to just focus on work and some stuff around our place on the days that she’s there. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? DD felt baby kick for the first time and her reaction was so adorable! 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Growth scan and OB on 9/14. Weekly phone check ins with a perinatal nurse just to make sure there’s no signs of preterm labor
    • GTKY: What's the one movie you've seen so many times you can't remember how many times you've seen it? If movies isn't your thing, what song makes you want to get up and dance every time you hear it? Oh man, I’ll dance and sing to anything! One reason I can’t have music on if I’m trying to concentrate, I get too distracted! I found my old CDs a few weeks ago and have been playing them for DD. We were jamming out to the Aqua cd the other day LOL!
  • @the_road_to_oz How scary!  I'm happy to hear you have a great team of doctors on your side and a good game plan for moving forward.

@artemis618 Best of luck tomorrow!

@mtpbadger It sounds like you are having a nice productive week this week.

@Kimbrlyg814 How did everything go yesterday with finding out the gender?
  • @the_road_to_oz I am sure it’s al been so scary! Thankful they are taking all necessary measures to keep both you and baby safe and healthy!!

@laurelew it went good!! I was shocked but am so excited! We are having a BOY! I could have sworn it was a girl! But in the last 4 years we’ve been trying to start our family, I’ve always wanted a boy and wanted a boy as our first child and he is coming! 💙
  • @artemis618 - Come on Eileen is a great song! That always gets me moving. Also, A-ha's Take on me! I can still see the video every time the song comes on. Lol.  Good luck tomorrow. I can't remember, are you having a c-section or doing vaginal?

@Kimbrlyg814 - Congrats on the baby being a boy!!! We thought this one was a boy and it also turned out to be the opposite. :)

@mtpbadger - I'm the same way. Big singer and dancer/shoulder mover, but for me it actually keeps me focused on whatever I need to do. I guess it allows me to get out of my brain. And awwwwwwww to DD feeling the baby kick. That is so precious!

• Thanks, ladies!

@mtpbadger I also found a bunch of old CDs when cleaning out the bedroom for baby boy.  I was like, "what do people do with these these days?"  We kept them since the blue ray can play them :)

@31magnolia Repeat c-section.  I'm almost 43 and have chronic hypertension and while I was given the VBAC option, I just didn't want to deal with it.  I think I'd mentioned previously that I'm (relatively) looking forward to just knowing when we're going to meet the little guy without that whole lengthy induction/labor/pushing for 3 hours with the epidural that had unknowingly (till they went to prep me for c-section) fallen out and tearing my cervix along the way (which they they had to repair after delivery) first (before c-section anyway :)  Attempting vaginal was the plan for DD, but you just never know how it's going to go, so I wasn't too attached to the idea.

I suppose I should pack my hospital bag...
    About me:
    ***TW***
    IVF #1 Jan-Feb 2017 (OCP, testosterone primed antagonist w/HGH - ER 2/2/17 - 12R, 7M ICSI'd, 3F, 0B)
    IVF #2 Mar-Apr 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 4/8/17 - 10R, 8M, 8F, 5B, 1 PGS normal)
    IVF #3 May-Jun 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 6/4/17 - 14R, 5F, 3B, 0 normal)
    **New RE**
    IVF #4 Sept 2017 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 9/28/17 - 33R, 18F, 10B, 4 PGS normals!)
    FET #1 (medicated) of one PGS normal 4AA XX 11/2/17 - Beta #1 11/11/17 (153), Beta #2 11/13/17 (324), mc at 5w1d on 11/19/17 :(
    IVF #6 Jan-Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/3/18 - 17R, 6M, 4F, 0 blasts)
    IVF #7 Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/26/18 - 19R, 9M, 9F, 4B, 2 PGS normals)
    FET #2 Apr 2018 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 4AA- XX 4/5/18 - Beta #1 4/14/18 (67), Beta #2 4/16/18 (231)

-----
    TFAS!
    FET #3 Dec 2019 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 3BB XY 12/16/19 - Beta #1 12/24/19 (139), Beta #2 12/27/19 (482)

• @artemis618 - haha. I hear you. I'm AMA too. I will try for vaginal, but I'm definitely not tied to it and won't be disappointed if I have to switch. Actually, after the birthing class, I wasn't feeling either option. Lol. But what can you do? I've had major abdominal surgery before and was trying not to go through that, but the more I read and learn the more I see that there are pros and cons with both vaginal and c-section. 
    And yes, you need to pack your hospital bag. Lol. My SO and sis have been on my case to pack mine and I have a week. Wishing you all the best tomorrow. Please update us when you can! 

• How far along/EDD? 8+5, due 4/3
    • How are you feeling this week? This kiddo is kicking my butt. The nausea is real. DS is 16 months and has learned the word cracker because mom is constantly walking around the house with them. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? No rant/raves per se, just typical early pregnancy nerves!
    • Any upcoming appointments? Ultrasound next Tuesday at RE. It'll be my last appointment before I'm released to OB.
    • GTKY: What's the one movie you've seen so many times you can't remember how many times you've seen it? If movies isn't your thing, what song makes you want to get up and dance every time you hear it? I said Christmas Vacation and Home Alone last week.. I'll add Rudy and Sound of Music - classics.

hitched 5/2009 -- Me 34, DH 39

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009
    TTC on & off since 1/2012
    September 2012; Surprise BFP - MC
    June - December 2013; Clomid/Femara + Trigger + TI = BFN x 4
    April - May 2016; Femara + TI = BFN x 2
    July 2016 - December 2016; Gonal-F + Ovidren + IUI = BFN x 3
    May 2018 - IVF #1; 8 snowbabies. transferred 1 embryo - CP
    August 2018 - FET #1 -- Healthy Baby Boy  <3

TTC #2:
    July 2020 FET; beta 1 310, beta 2 1278

• @BusinessWife CONGRATULATIONS!!!  I know you mentioned that some of the nurses had dropped hints about the gender before.  Was this what you were expecting?

@lucyb1954 Once I started telling people this week it got a little easier.  I was really nervous going into sharing our announcement.  My dad and sister have known since day 1.  A few of my aunts and uncles knew through my dad beforehand because they would ask him for updates and he was like, I can't lie to anyone.  So he would tell them and then swear them to secrecy.  To their credit, no one let on to me that they knew before this week, lol.  I'm sorry that you weren't able to tell the few people you wanted to share the news with personally.  I have a colleague who has also been going through her own AMH struggles who I reached out to last Friday to give her a heads up.  Since I didn't post on social media, she might not have found out otherwise but I still wanted her to hear the new from me first.  Sadly she told me I was the third pregnancy announcement she had heard of that week.  I know that feeling only too well. :(
  • Oh man, I feel for your colleague.  @laurelew that sounds like a hard IF week right there.  And I can say for the other bit that no, I was not surprised. 🤦 In fact I would have been SHOCKED if it had been otherwise lol.  Funny thing is

***TW*** *Birth stuff*

<div class=" Spoiler">First, I was just overjoyed I had delivered my baby!!!  Then, since I was the one holding her, I had to check under the cord and ended up being the one to tell DH it was a girl! Lol so you never can tell how it's going to go in the moment! ☺️</div>
  • @BusinessWife CONGRATULATIONS!! So so so happy for you and your family! Great news!!!! Glad you both are doing well! 💗💗
  • CONGRATS @BusinessWife!  That's so neat that you were able to keep the gender a surprise.  Some friends of ours (natural pregnancies) did for their second one too - they swore it was going to be a boy so we're surprised when it was another girl :p 

I think I'd mentioned that I just went for the scheduled repeat c-section option and I'm really happy with that decision.  Baby boy was almost two full lbs heavier than DD (6lbs 11 oz) at 8 lbs 10.5 oz!  We expected bigger, but not 86th percentile bigger.  Of course it was really nice not to have to go through all of the induction and labor business (which sounds even less fun with a mask on if applicable - although I think all the mamas have to get COVID tests), I got to schedule with my own doctor who "fixed" my incision because he wasn't satisfied with what the on call OB had done with it last time (even the nurse called his work "beautiful" haha), and I got a competent anesthesiologist (except that I got super nauseous despite getting Zofran with it after it wore off and puked a couple of times yesterday afternoon - then was zonked on Benadryl - and they also gave me some other anti-nausea medication), but I'm awake now and was able to keep food down late yesterday afternoon :).  We're still working on latching consistency (he's a chomper), but seems to be a good eater so far :)
    About me:
    ***TW***
    **New RE**

-----
    TFAS!

• Congratulations! @artemis618 So glad it went well and baby boy is off to a great start nursing!!!  Yay!!! And I do hear you there #spoileralert labor isn't exactly easy.  Who knew!? lol Unfortunately, there's really no "easy" way out either way, and it sounds like you made the right call, being able to pick your surgeon and everything! 👍👍 Enjoy those NB snuggles... 💙💙💙
  • Congrats to you both!! Sounds like you both had great experiences this time around - enjoy all those new born cuddles!!
  • @artemis618 congratulations!!!!
  • 31magnolia31magnolia member
    edited August 2020
    @BusinessWife - Congrats on your little girl!! How long were you in labor?

@artemis618 - Congratulations!!! That’s wonderful you that you got to pick your surgeon!
  • Oh my! I don’t check my app for a few days, and missed out on a lot! 

@artemis618 Congratulations! I’m so happy your babies are here! Lots of snuggle time!

@Kimbrlyg814 Finding our the gender is so exciting! Congrats on having a boy!!

@laurelew How exciting that your husband was able to go to your ultrasound. So far my husband hasn’t been allowed at any appointments. I love your announcement. Very cute!

@31magnolia You are so close! I’m so excited for you. I’m starting to get a little nervous now that I’ve made it to 3rd trimester.  

@the_road_to_oz How scary! I’m glad that you have such an awesome team taking care of you and your little one!

@mtpbadger It’s so cute that your DD was able to feel the baby. Is she super excited about being a big sister?

@lucyb1954 We told our parents after the first ultrasound, but didn’t tell anyone else until second trimester. (I did have to tell work early) You can definitely add me to the AMA group. I’m trying to look for a pediatrician and no one can give me advice because their kids are all teens!

@madasm0530 Sorry about the nausea. It is really not fun,but hopefully it gets better soon!

AFM

• How far along/EDD? 28 weeks
    • How are you feeling this week? Still feel pretty good, but (TMI) constipation is no fun!
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? I can’t believe I’m in my 3rd trimester. I’m starting to get a little nervous. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? 9/11 OB
  • Thanks, everyone!

@31magnolia. I was in early labor throughout the day Wednesday, but nothing too sensational.  But that evening we decided to start timing things.  They felt strong, but a bit varied in length, some being very close together (like 2-3min) but short, and others lasting a minute or more.  So we decided to go upstairs and lie down to get some rest... Sure enough, a couple strong contractions happened while lying down, and next thing I knew, it was a pop and a couple gushes as my water broke!  It all escalated pretty quickly from there, and baby was born in just under 12 hours lol
  • @BusinessWife Congratulations!!! Wow, what a fast birth! So exciting for you! I always imagined having a baby with an August birthday (I'm an August birthday) but TBH I'm having hot flashes and I'm pretty uncomfortable in the 100 degree Utah heat...can only imagine what the third trimester feels like this time of year! Glad to hear that you and baby are doing well and healthy -- the most important thing of all!

@artemis618 Congrats to you too! You got yourself a big baby there, kudos on choosing the c! :wink: Also so glad to hear that you and babe are healthy. TBH, lately I have been hearing from some friends that their birth experience didn't go as they wanted...and all I keep thinking is you and baby are healthy!!! What more can you ask for??? 

Anyways lots of <3 to you ladies in these early days!
     @vetgirl2011 Oh yasss thank god for some more AMA folks! Need it in my life right now. Esp since I have to go see maternal fetal medicine for a check up. I keep my regular OB but she sends all her over 35 patients to MFM for a check in to be safe. I appreciate it but still makes me feel kinda old. I am not sure when to tell work. I hit twelve weeks next Wednesday (anxiously counting down the days) but I swear I'm so anxious about things still I won't tell them til it's hard to hide it! I have a 14 week US, maybe I will tell them after that. It def has been hard to hide so far, just because the nausea is so awful. I still WFH but some days I barely get any work in and feigning migraines etc is only getting me so far. 

@31magnolia How you feeling??? I can't believe you are coming up this week! Any thoughts on birth method? Other than not being that into either option :wink: lol! It's hard for me to imagine right now, I'm just so focused on getting through the nausea. After a good couple of days this week, yesterday evening and today have been difficult and with all the emotions hanging around I feel seriously mopey about not feeling like myself and not being able to do the things I used to. Plus as I mentioned, the hot flashes have been getting to me blargh it all!

@laurelew I told a friend at work that I was pregnant because I wanted to reach out to her before we announced. She also has had her own IF struggles -- I think it was a little bit less of a trigger for her because she knew we moved on to DE and she seemed genuinely  happy for me. We're both on social media so I did want to make sure and break the news to her beforehand. But I know she's anxious to be out of the IF waiting game...she's in a same sex relationship so it's doubly hard on her that they can't even try every month and have to purchase sperm every time. I think we will likely start telling people between 12-14 weeks. I don't know if I'll ever really feel safe telling folks until I have a baby in my arms, lol!
  • @lucyb1954 we told family after the 12 weeks US and then as we talked to/ saw friends which was limited due to the stay at home order. I just told my good work friend this week (at 29 weeks) and told work late last week. It was easy to not tell ppl since I haven’t seen many people. 

@vetgirl2011 I’m not really sure how much DD gets about having a little sister or brother. She likes to “tell” the baby bedtime stories and give my belly a hug and kiss but don’t know if she realizes how her world is about to be rocked in a few months 🤷🏼‍♀️ She’s pretty nurturing as it is so I think she’ll be fine but it’ll be an adjustment that’s for sure! 
  • @mtpbadger we tried to tell my little niece about the baby but she was mostly confused because I’m not showing yet. Plus she’s still kinda pissed about having a baby brother so I think she thought the baby was coming home with her and was not pleased! 😂
  • @artemis618 Congratulations on your baby boy and an uneventful birth experience!! :)
  • @lucyb1954
    That reminds me of one of my nieces haha. I don't know how my sister explained that she was going to have a new cousin to her, but she somehow ended up thinking that my husband and I were each going to have babies (two babies) and we had to break the news to her that it would be just one baby to share haha. I'm not sure how we would have explained twins...too confusing probably. 
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @lucyb1954 that is too funny! 
  • 31magnolia31magnolia member
    edited August 2020
    @BusinessWife - I'm started feeling things that were different yesterday, but I'm not sure if they are actually contractions. My belly was hard as a rock all day yesterday (and today) and then I would have moments of a lot of pressure that would eventually go away but nothing that's like super consistent. Just on and off through out the day. 

QUESTION: those who've gone through this before, what do contractions feel like?

@lucyb1954 - haha. I'm going in with the mindset of vaginal, unless they tell me no. Right now, I'm wondering if i'll make it to my scheduled Wednesday date! Oh, and I told my mom and sis the day the pregnancy stick was positive. I told two very close friends who were there for me during the journey the day the beta came back really high. I told all other family at 13 weeks (after NIPT and hitting the 2nd trimester). Work ppl found out at week 30. Lol. I was able to wait so late since no one is going to the office. 

@vetgirl2011 - Thank you!!! I definitely wished I had started the nesting phase before 38 weeks!! Lol. Now I'm scrambling to get everything done. 

• edited August 2020
    @31magnolia They could be!  I will say this past experience has taught me that they can feel like a lot of things.  I would have said before that if they are not painful / hard to bear, then they are <i>not</i> contractions!!!  But what I was having in early labor this time were similar to what you describe.  Firm belly like a BH, but with the added low pelvic pressure. 🤷 I was walking and talking through them no problem really, but something was definitely starting to happen.  GL!!!
  • @BusinessWife - Thanks! Good to know I'm not imagining all of this. It's amazing how different each person and each pregnancy is.