Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+:

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: when you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? Is it very different from what you’re doing now?
TTC history in spoiler
Me: 31 Him: 37
Married: Oct 2015
Baby G born June 2017
TTC#2: July 2018
BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

Re: All Due Date Check-in 8/23

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 03/20  10wks2day

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a chocolste truffle 

Upcoming appointments: U/S and bloodwork sept 5  see my Ob on the 21st 

How are you feeling?: not terrible 

Rants/Raves:  not sure if this is a rant or a rave.. got my sneak peek results back and it said boy! But i dont believe it because its possible to get a false boy result,  especially if you live with boys (im surrounded by them!) So now im just sitting around waiting for my anatomy scan 

Questions:

GTKY: when you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? Is it very different from what you’re doing now? 
     We have a paper from when I was in kindergarten  and its like a bunch of questions and answers,  when asked what i wanted to be when i grew up i said i wanted to be a mom. So i guess i got exactly what i wanted :)  
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12 w 4 d

FTM/STM/STM+: 3rd time

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: My ultrasound tech thinks she could see a penis so I'll say boy until proven wrong

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: plum

Upcoming appointments: tomorrow for ob first tri screen blood work next monday for nt scan at an Mfm office

How are you feeling?: ok some days great other days sore headachey

Rants/Raves: I posted my nt scan rant in that area it was quite a process. Rave to aeroflow breast pump site for great selection and ease of ordering my insurance pump. 

Questions: Is it march yet?

History Teacher but I joined the army and became an Xray technologist now I'm the supervisor of all imaging on the weekend 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 3/14, 11+1

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Brussels sprout, a poker chip, fig or a lime

Upcoming appointments: My NIPT blood draw and NT scan are both next Tuesday (9/1)! 

How are you feeling?: Still just super fatigued and napping most days.  I'm also getting what feels like a knot in my stomach every time I eat.  It isn't quite indigestion but it always hurts after I eat.  It's not fun. 

Rants/Raves:  No rants or raves this week. I'm just excited to get to see the babe again next week.  

Questions:

GTKY: when you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? Is it very different from what you’re doing now?  I think when I was a kid I either wanted to be a social studies teacher or a secretary.  I'm now a compliance manager.  I'm still pretty administratively skilled so secretary wouldn't be far off from my natural skill set lol.
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10 weeks today!

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A strawberry :)

Upcoming appointments: Ultrasound on September 3rd. Gotta go in for some basic bloodwork sometime before then, too.

How are you feeling?: Tired. Been getting some headaches, and had a migraine yesterday. Food aversions and some nausea are still present. I seem to be more constipated lately, too. Yikes.

Rants/Raves: none really!

Questions: Suggestions on body butters/moisturizers? My hips and the sides of my boobs have been SO itchy. I need to get something for it. I think I'm going to run to the store today and just pick up the Burt's Bees Belly Butter in the meantime, but most of the reviews say it smells like soy sauce (ew). I just need something until I figure out another alternative because the itchiness is driving me nuts.

GTKY: when you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? Is it very different from what you’re doing now? I remember wanting to be an actress at one point, but I was so shy that that probably wouldn't have worked out...lol I'm a caregiver now, so yes, very different!
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 3/15 11weeks

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out, getting NIPT bloodwork this week. 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Brussels sprout, matchbox car, and in some weird world a lime is 1.6 inches (??). 

Upcoming appointments: ultrasound for peace of mind in 10 days. Genetic telemed visit Wednesday bc I’m a carrier of beta thalassemia.

How are you feeling?: nausea hits hard intermittently instead of the all day mild thing it used to be. Breasts just got crazy sore two days ago. Fatigue might be getting better??

Rants/Raves: rant is that labcorp is my preferred lab and they didn’t have the kit needed for my NIPT this morning. So I’ll go back later in week when they get a shipment. So annoying. Rave: almost past 12 weeks and then I feel like i can announce to family! We haven’t told anyone in the family yet bc of prior MCs and they’ve been let down by them, so I’m so excited to have good news. 

Questions: 

GTKY: when you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? Is it very different from what you’re doing now? I wanted to be everything haha. Singer, actress, veterinarian, doctor. Now I’m an operating room nurse :) 
    Me: 30   DH: 29
    Together: 3/2007
    Married: 5/30/2015
    BFP #1: 9/14/2015
    EDD: 5/20/2016
  • Options
    @annanbby I just picked up the Burt's Bees Belly Butter this weekend. I hadn't heard about the soy sauce smell and didn't notice anything when I used it this morning. But now I'm going to check when I get home. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 03/15, 11w

FTM/STM/STM+: STM+

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: baby is the size of a lime

Upcoming appointments: NIPT is next week and can’t wait to see our little baby. 

How are you feeling?: still so nauseous all day and night long. 

Rants/Raves: ready for second trimester and hoping this nausea gets better by then. 

Questions: Mamas of three, I’m hoping to fit three car seats across in my MDX. Any mamas have an MDX and have three seats across or hoping to do the same? Which car seats? 

I’ve always wanted to be a mom and wife. Got exactly what I dreamed about ❤️ 
  • Options
    @Talusia17 I came across this blog when researching car seats with my first.  Here's a link of car seats that fit 3 side by side in a MDX. 
    https://www.thecarcrashdetective.com/3-across-installations-mdx/

• Options
    @annanbby I use burt's bees body butter for both pregnancy 1 and 2 highly recommend 
  • Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: March 9th, 11 weeks + 6 days!!

FTM/STM/STM+: second time mom

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: team green!! We did it with our son and loved it. 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a lime and can fit on a Reese’s peanut butter cup

Upcoming appointments: I have my first trimester screen on Thursday. 

How are you feeling?: not my best honestly. So much nausea, exhaustion, and now headaches have been added to the mix. My first pregnancy was so easy in comparison!!

Rants/Raves: taking care of a toddler while pregnant is HARD. I was definitely not expecting it to be this difficult!!

Questions:

GTKY: when you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? Is it very different from what you’re doing now? I had so many interests as a child, I wanted to be so many things. I ended up in social work which wasn’t even on my radar until I was 20. Funny how things end up!!
  • Options
    @duhduhduck @Yiggle09
    Oh that's so great to hear! I love Burts Bees products, so hopefully it works for me too. Just waiting on my husband to be ready to go so we can pick it up :lol:
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 11 weeks 1 day

FTM/STM/STM+: STM+

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: 2 Limes

Upcoming appointments: I have a 12 week appointment scheduled next Wednesday. 

How are you feeling?: I made it through the first day of virtual school and only had to run to the bathroom once, so I consider it to have been a good day! My evenings are the worst for me lately so we shall see.

Rants/Raves: First day of school went well for both DS and I. He seems to really like his teacher and it is so nice being home with him and getting to watch him learn. YDS and DD are in pre-school 3 days a week(MWF) so tomorrow will be interesting with all of us home. I found someone to watch the them on Tuesdays and Thursdays when they are home but she can't start until the week of Labor Day. 

Questions: 

I have always loved schools so I wanted to work in one. I went between teaching and social work in college and setting on social work and love it. 

Becca and DH-David-Parents to: Caleb-5/19/15, Elijah-4/3/2017, and Ilana-2/22/2019

Twins! #4 and #5 Due: 03/14/2021

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9 Weeks and 7 Days

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out! 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Grape

Upcoming appointments: September 10th 

How are you feeling?: Still nauseous and exhausted! 

Rants/Raves: I was able to get myself to work out 4 days last week which was a major win but after getting off my bike yesterday I hit a complete wall and was so sick. I took a two hour nap and then got up to make dinner and put my daughter to bed before going straight back to bed myself! I was pretty excited when I stepped on the scale this morning though and saw that I haven't gained any weight yet. I'm honestly surprised because I haven't been working out nearly as much as I used to and I haven't been watching what I eat that closely either. My pants still feel a lot tighter due to bloating though.   

Questions: None right now. 

GTKY: when you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? Is it very different from what you’re doing now? I decided that I wanted to be a therapist when I was in 7th grade and that's what I am today! I don't remember ever saying I wanted to be anything else although I'm sure i threw out some random answer here and there. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 11w6d

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out on Friday!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a donut hole, but tomorrow will be a chicken nugget (and somehow also a plum lol)

Upcoming appointments: NT scan on Friday, and we will get the first tri screen results Friday as well, then I have a phone visit with my OB on Tuesday

How are you feeling?: I think the nausea is improving but the horrible smells/aversions haven't budged much... hoping that dissipates soon, too... I miss real food!

Rants/Raves: I did learn I can have mac&cheese now so it was nice to add that to the rotation of dinners I can have lol

Questions: 

GTKY: when you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? Is it very different from what you’re doing now? So I wanted to be a lot of things, like some of you. I wanted to be an astronaut, a motorcycle cop (specifically one who rode motorcyles lol), president (yikes!), and other stuff I can't remember right now, haha
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @manillabar Friday will be here before you know it! So exciting! 

@swbecca528 Good luck today with all the kids at home! Good thing you don't have to do this for very long and you will have someone to help soon. 

@jfcmomoftwo Taking care of a toddler and dealing with the baby flu is the worst! My husband went golfing on Sunday and I was dying trying to stay awake to watch my 2yo. I felt awful! 

@treebagel Hope you can get the NIPT done soon! So exciting that you finally get to share the news with your family. I'm sure they will be so happy. 

@bcashaw Are you getting an NIPT done? The results for the NIPT are almost 100% accurate. It's super rare that it comes back incorrectly for the sex of the baby. 

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9 weeks 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Finding Out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: 2 Green Olives

Upcoming appointments: I have a scan on 9/1 to check on my SCH, will do my NIPT bloodwork at the same time. NT scan is 9/17

How are you feeling?: I had a rough weekend, felt very sick and "off", was paranoid that something was wrong. I started unisom last night at my nurse's recommendation and feel way less queasy today, which is helpful. I know I'm not sleeping well (specifically deep restful sleep) and I'm also not eating enough. Hoping that I'll start to feel better soon. 

Rants/Raves: My rant would probably be about Zoom going down yesterday when I had a hugely important meeting on it! My rave would be that my nurse agreed to do an earlier scan on me to check on my SCH so I can be cleared to start low impact workouts. I think that will be crucial to helping my anxiety, and I'm looking forward to hopefully starting Beachbody Prenatal Barre! 

Questions: Anyone else feel groggy after they take unisom at night? I'm hoping my sleep turns around soon! 

GTKY: when you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? Is it very different from what you’re doing now? I wanted to be the first female president, which is very very different from being an administrator of a department haha! 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 11w1d 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding Out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Brussel sprout, lime, matchbox car

Upcoming appointments: 9/2 is my sequential screen as well as 12w OB appointment

How are you feeling?: SO TIRED. I took an hour nap yesterday (thank goodness a client cancelled) and I can't seem to get through the day with any energy. I'm really hoping this improves the 2nd trimester.

Rants/Raves: I did a workout this morning with weights, nothing too crazy, but I experienced some painful cramping which freaked me out!

Questions: Anyone else weight lifting during pregnancy? I will follow up with my doctor, but I would like to hear about your routines!

GTKY: when you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? Is it very different from what you’re doing now? I wanted to be a caterer since I love to cook! Well, I should say I loved to cook as a child/teenager, it's definitely more stressful doing it every night for a family! I am a therapist now, so yes, quite different!!
    Me 32 DH 34
    Married 9/2012 

TTC #2 starting 9/2019
    BFP 7/13/2020!
    Due 3/18/2021

TTC #1 since 2/2015
    Diagnosis: Unexplained Infertility 9/2015
    IUIs #1-#5: 9/2015-2/2016 all BFNs
    Moving to IVF with ICSI and PGS 5/2016-6/2016  Just kidding, BFP 4/4/2016!
    Spencer Elliott born 12/7/2016

• Options
    juliebeannnjuliebeannn member
    edited August 2020
    @erica0901 I'm still lifting.  I'm a member of Street Parking (a crossfit style workout program) and I've continued with my workouts as usual, including power lifting and olympic lifting.  I know I'll need to modify as my body changes, but so far, I haven't had to modify any movements - although I've taken my intensity down a notch.  The program I follow includes "mama modifications" for every workout, so I know how to modify when the time comes.

@mvt2003 Unisom and diclegis used to make waking up feel like the hardest thing in the world.  I always felt groggy and sluggish while taking it.  Taking it was like choosing the lesser of 2 evils bc the grogginess felt almost as bad as the nausea.  
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 3/24 9+6

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out I think, my husband is still on the fence.

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Cherry

Upcoming appointments: Had the NIPT bloodwork today, NT scan 09/15

How are you feeling?: Still nauseous and tired, but less so some days!

Rants/Raves: Rants-So ready for the 2nd trimester! Raves-We told my parents on Saturday they are so excited!

Questions: None

GTKY: when you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? Is it very different from what you’re doing now? I wanted to major in English or History...ended up as a Physical Therapist!
  • Options
    @juliebeannn thank you for the article! 

@mvt2003 I take unisome and b6 right before bed around 10 pm. although it’s difficult to get up, once I’m up I’m good.  With my first pregnancy I do remember waking up groggy but I did take it later as I would stay up later. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10 weeks, 2 days

FTM/STM/STM+: Third time mom

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out at 20 week anatomy scan 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A strawberry 

Upcoming appointments: NT in a little over two weeks

How are you feeling?: I'm afraid to jinx myself but my symptoms seem to have leveled off over the past 5 days. Still nauseated and exhausted with poor sleep but not feeling like it is completely unbearable anymore.

Rants/Raves: We've starting to share our news with close family and friends, which has been fun!

Questions: None for now.

GTKY: when you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? Is it very different from what you’re doing now? I always wanted to be a pediatrician or a teacher. I combined my loves of healthcare and education, becoming a dietitian!
  • Options
    travandastravandas member
    edited August 2020
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Feb. 2nd / 13 weeks
    FTM/STM/STM+: Fourth
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:  Babies are the size of lemons
    Upcoming appointments:  MFM Sept. 17th
    How are you feeling?:  Nauseous 24/7, migraines started, tired all day long and now I started getting very dizzy on and off all day.
    Rants/Raves:  I went to my obgyn today and since neither the RN or my OB could find the babies heartbeats with the doppler I got to see them on an ultrasound  :)
    Questions:  Has anyone tried Magnesium Spray on their feet for migraines? 
    GTKY: when you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? Is it very different from what you’re doing now?  I got my license in Massage Therapy. My Mom always said that I wanted to be a Mommy and that's what I am!  Wouldn't trade it for the world!  It would be nice to be paid though...LOL
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12 weeks

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A minecraft pixel (?) or a plum. Or a chicken nugget, which is cute because we call the baby Nugget...but we mean golden nugget. 

Upcoming appointments: 12 week OB appointment tomorrow and hopefully another picture of babe. 

How are you feeling?: At the moment OK. Baby doesn't like ham or tuna this week. REALLY hated steak last week. Exhaustion appears to be getting better until about 6pm. 

Rants/Raves: Too tired at the moment to think of one...

Questions: NEWP

GTKY: when you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? Is it very different from what you’re doing now? I wanted to be a horse trainer. I currently work as a program planner for my state's emergency management agency working with the plans for if something were to happen at the local nuclear power plant. 
  • Options
    @jenotontx no NIPT  for me! Its not covered in Canada. 
    @mvt2003 yes to the grogginess. I have been avoiding  long drives because  i am SO drained after taking it. 

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 3/24, 9 + 6

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Definitely finding out! 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a tater tot! Yum.

Upcoming appointments: Thursday for my first ultrasound! And 9/1 for my NIPT/Harmony blood work. So exciting to find out the sex so much earlier this time 

How are you feeling?: Today was great! I've been taking just a tiny 1/4 of a unisom, which helps me sleep, keeps the nausea in check, but doesn't leave me too groggy. The unisom 'hangover' is no joke! 

Rants/Raves:  The past week was rough. I'm in Nor Call and these fires are crazy...the air quality where I am is so unhealthy, we haven't been outside in 4 days. I have my home and my family is safe, so I really can't complain though. 

Questions:

GTKY: when you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? Is it very different from what you’re doing now? For some reason I was really into being a botanist. I still love plants and gardening, but found my way into social work. After a 3 yr stint in child welfare I definitely found myself wishing I had chosen plants! Haha
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: March 9 / 12w1d

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Hard-boiled egg

Upcoming appointments: Just had my NT scan yesterday - all looks good, phew!! - and waiting on the blood test results for NIPT and carrier screening, which is supposed to take 2 weeks.  That feels like FOREVER.  My next ultrasound for 20 weeks is scheduled 10/20.  I have no idea when I'll next see my actual OB.  So far I've only had 1 telehealth appointment with her.  I don't know if this is normal, due to COVID-19, because it's a big/busy practice, or what.

How are you feeling?: In the last week, I've gone from nauseated all the time to nauseated only sometimes, which feels like a big improvement.  Really hope I've turned the corner on it.  I'm tired but manageably so (working from home helps) and my boobs are sore but tolerable. My skin is also starting to clear up a little.  Mentally, the fact that this pregnancy might result in an actual baby is starting to feel more real, which is exciting but also scary.  I'm a person who highly values independence, so I'm struggling with feelings of loss of bodily and personal autonomy, especially as I start to get bigger.

Rants/Raves: None right now.  I'm just grateful things seem to be progressing normally.

Questions: Now that I'm feeling reasonably confident in the pregnancy, I think it's time to start telling people. I've already told my sister, who is really the only essential person (other than my husband I suppose :D) as far as I'm concerned.  Did/do you all feel an obligation to tell people in a certain order, or is it mainly just when a good opportunity arises?

GTKY: when you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? Is it very different from what you’re doing now?  I wanted to be an archaeologist or paleontologist, but abandoned that when I realized I'd probably be in the desert a lot and my feet would get dirty.  I hates dirty feet!  I also apparently told my parents that I wanted to be a nun, because they didn't have to get married, and a waitress, because they didn't have to go to college.  Now here I am, married and a lawyer :)  Both of those things have their ups and downs, of course, but overall I am happy with my choices.
  • Options
    @cmortmain I had a few "groups" of people I told in a specific order - like, immediate family and best friends I told right away; then close friends I've been telling as I see/talk to them, this group I want to tell directly; the last group is everyone else that I feel can find out on social media lol.
  • Options
    @cmortmain I did IVF so basically anyone who knew about that got told after my first beta test. We were at my sister-in-law's house for a birthday thing when the call about the second beta came in and the numbers had tripled (how is that not a double-p word?). We told his whole side that day. I wish I'd waited on that one a bit because that was the week his other sister decided to start pestering us to come over and take all her baby stuff she'd saved and we weren't ready. We'd had a loss earlier in the year and were not ready to trust the pregnancy yet. I waited til 7 weeks to tell coworkers at a bbq because I knew I'd need support if things went downhill again. I'm waiting until after my 14 week heartbeat check to do a fun picture on social media. That puts me solidly into second trimester.