April 2021 Moms

Friday GTKY 08/21

Hey ladies! I’m starting a little early 😉. 

Let’s get to know each other a bit! You can be as un-specific as you want with your location lol (The World, Milky Way Galaxy). I’m sticking to the basics and talking about where we’re from. 

Where are you from? 

Favourite thing about where you live? 

Something you look forward to doing locally with your April babe? Or that you do already with other kiddos. 
Hubby & Me: Born 1993
Married: August 2013
Son: December 2018
Baby in heaven: February 2020, was due Sept

Re: Friday GTKY 08/21

• Haha I have an obnoxious question. I currently live across the country from where I consider myself to be "from" so I'm not sure of this means where do you live since the questions are then about that. Is that nitpicky?

I'm from New England but have lived on the west coast for almost a decade. If you've seen my comments about the wildfires I suppose it's obvious the general area I live in.

My favorite thing is also my least favorite...the weather is amazing year round but I miss seasons.

We love to be outside. Outdoor dining, grilling, water table for the girls, picnic at the park, walking everywhere - we can walk to downtown, the library, coffee, etc. I garden with the girls and my plants can stay thriving year round.

All this being said, we're trying to move back to the northeast soon (before baby preferably). We're both from the same general area so the pull of family is really strong plus we never planned to be here long term (almost 10yrs later lol).

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Where are you from? 
    We currently live just outside DC, but I grew up a few states north of here.  We are not planning to stay here long-term since like @kvh22 we'd like to be closer to family.  Both sets of our parents are a drive away right now, not a plane ride, but we still rarely see them because a long drive with a little one is not fun.  I'd like to have some more help and also just have my kids see their grandparents more.

I would say there are lots of things to do in this area, but that is less true right now with the pandemic.  Mostly we don't love it.  Too much traffic, too expensive, too hot/humid.

Something you look forward to doing locally with your April babe? Or that you do already with other kiddos. 
    I'm looking forward to having a baby in the spring and getting to be outside.  Last time I had a baby it was in December and it was tough to be stuck inside most of the time for months.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Where are you from? 
    We live in West Michigan, but i'm from SE Wisconsin 

All the outdoor recreation options! We have such beautiful beaches on Lake Michigan, amazing trails, dunes, etc. We also live on 10 acres, so we have lots of space to explore. 

I'm really excited to have my leave be during warmer months. I had an end of Sept baby last time, so like @kadeephd I felt like we were stuck inside a lot. 

I'm also hopeful that we can travel next year. 
  • rexnierexnie member
    edited August 2020
    I’m from Indiana originally but currently live in SoCal and have moved around a fair bit. 

I love the lifestyle here. The weather is perfect all the time and we spend most of every day outside. Beach, pool, hiking, farms, parks, zoo, gardening, or just wandering our neighborhood and finding good dirt to play in. Our neighborhood is also so special to me - tons of kids, no big drama yet (we moved in 1.5 years ago). I can’t wait for the world to resume some normalcy because we’re walking distance from restaurants, coffee, and Trader Joe’s and I used to love taking my son out to stuff like that with me. 

The hardest thing about living out here is being so far from most of our family. But my brother moved out to LA in December so now he’s only a couple hours away. We’re seeing him today to celebrate my son’s birthday! Everyone else is a plane ride away, so it will likely be another year before we can see them given the pandemic, pregnancy, and flu season. 
  • Where are you from? I'm originally from Indiana, but have been living in Chicago for almost 10 years now.

Favourite thing about where you live? There is a lot to do. We live near the zoo, and we like to go over for a walk, especially in the summer. 

Something you look forward to doing locally with your April babe? Or that you do already with other kiddos. I'm excited for a spring due date, so we could be outside. I'm excited to take baby to the zoo and for walks. 
  • Where are you from? 
    Wyoming

Love the atmosphere. Pretty friendly place close enough to civilization, but doesn't feel like a big city that we just bought a house in May here.

Due to the pandemic, DS hasn't been able to do anything we planned this summer. So next summer I'm excited for walks to the library for story time, going to the zoo and being able to go to the park. DS was a Feb baby, and the Wyoming winters are treacherous, so we stayed inside for months. Plus, the closest park at the time was for older kids and closed more of last summer.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Where are you from? 
    @kvh22 I'm with you :)
    Originally from New York but we've lived in the great state of Texas for over 11 years, and all 3 of my kiddos were born here so now I claim it (haha but still claim NY as the majority of my family are still there). 
    @rexnie we lived in socal for a while and I MISS IT SO MUCH!!

Usually the weather. It's hot as heck in the summer but honestly I don't like the cold so I like that it's warm-ish here for like 9-10 months of the year. I do miss the seasons though!

Our #2 kid, DS, was an April babe too so I'm kind of excited to know-ish what it'll be like to have a baby in that season. Here it'll still be nice out so lots of walks & time outside (our other two were July & September so it was HOT HOT HOT when they were born). I'm also excited that an April babe means that hopefully by May/June I'll be able to go in the pool next summer (with the July kiddo I totally felt like I missed out on pool season).

Happy Friday, yall!
  • @kvh22 Girl you are not obnoxious! Answer however you want 💕. Lots of people have separate answers about where they are from VS current location - I love it! 

Where are you from? 
    I live in the Ottawa Valley in Ontario, Canada 🇨🇦. It’s a small town vibe to me, but technically we are a “city” (with like 14,000 people so not really aha!). 

We get all the seasons. Deep deep snow winters with snow day bus cancellations lol. Humidity warnings in summer aha. Yes, a random snowfall in May was less than desired this year, but I love the seasons.

All the outdoor stuff! Like @kadeephd, my DS was a December 2018 baby. We did go skating with him in the stroller which was fun. With this LO, I am hoping to take him/her camping, to the beach, on the boat. All the summery stuff. Also any baby programs available (covid will dictate).
    Hubby & Me: Born 1993
    Married: August 2013
    Son: December 2018
    Baby in heaven: February 2020, was due Sept

• Where are you from? 
    South Florida 

Close to so much. I'm in suburbia, but pretty much everything is in reach. Beach, Everglades, natural springs, museums, restaurants, shopping, pro sports, animal rescues, international airports. I also like the amount of diversity we enjoy.

I hope it is still not unbearably hot when she/he is born so I can babywear baby around some nature trails.
  • Where are you from? 
    Another Michigander here - hi @cagncoo12 !

DH and I are both born and bred Michiganders. Our families are very close by, mine more so than his but most still within driving distance. We actually live in the same small suburb where I grew up and where most of my immediate AND extended family live. Also seasons and Michigan has a lot to offer!

Aw I hope I'm able to take this babe to the beach next summer without worrying about wearing a mask. And I am already looking forward to baby wearing + wine tasting next summer...is that wrong?!
  • bblair24bblair24 member
    edited August 2020
    Where are you from? 
    We live in central NC! 

I love the weather here. I also like that we live close to a big city but far enough away that it feels country. The place we lived before this was allllll country and while it was beautiful, shopping at Walmart 100% of the time (because it was the only store there) got old real fast! 

My girls love to play outside. We have a great fenced in back yard and a quiet neighborhood. I’m glad that we’ll all be able to spend time outside together once this baby is born! DD2 was born in December and I pretty much stayed in the house for a few months, with cold weather and flu season. It was not much fun. 

ETA just for fun, I was born in Pennsylvania and then we moved to outside of Baltimore for a few years, but we’ve lived in NC since I was 6! I love the south. 
  • @juliebird6 oh man, how did I forget the wine tasting! We have a few wine club memberships (had to drop some when I got pregnant with my first b/c we weren't drinking enough) and I love taking the girls to the wineries. If we move before baby (and whenever we actually move), the wine tasting I will miss most of all but we've been checking with our clubs and many of them can ship to the state we're planning to move to. But one of the best perks of membership is the free tastings. We still go while I'm pregnant, I just don't have more than one sip, sadly. A bit different with Covid right now, of course but we did go to a few wineries with good outdoor set ups twice in the last 5 or 6 months - just trying to keep it limited, still, especially since numbers aren't good where we are right now, We usually go at least once a month.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Where are you from? I'm from Ontario, Canada, but I've been living in the state of Texas for 7 years now!

Favourite thing about where you live? My favourite thing is definitely having all the Tex-Mex food choices I could dream of, and river tubing in the summer!  

Something you look forward to doing locally with your April babe? Just being able to enjoy the spring weather with our new addition! I'm also excited that I'll be able to experience my first Mother's Day pretty much right away! TW (fingers crossed, pregnancy goes well)TW
  • @cagncoo12 Woo, fellow Wisconsinites! 

Where are you from?

I'm from a small town in central Wisconsin, we're known for how many bars we have and that's about it. We're moving to Wisconsin's Northwoods in 3 or 4 weeks! (Closing on two houses at once has been a total pain, and our moving date is very up in the air unfortunately.) 

I love driving to the lake with music way too loud by myself with a coffee. It's my me time. I should still be able to continue this tradition, we're moving to an area with a ton of lakes and touristy little shops. 

I'm so excited to raise our next kiddo in the Northwoods on our property with our own little woods, and lots of chickens. We'll probably do a lot of hiking and fishing too. My husband grew up on a farm and is obsessed with the idea of homesteading lately. My daughter and husband are canning homemade tomato sauce as I type. 
  • Where are you from? I'm originally from Indiana, but have been living in Chicago for almost 10 years now.

Favourite thing about where you live? There is a lot to do. We live near the zoo, and we like to go over for a walk, especially in the summer. 

Something you look forward to doing locally with your April babe? Or that you do already with other kiddos. I'm excited for a spring due date, so we could be outside. I'm excited to take baby to the zoo and for walks. 
    I love Chicago! My sister lives there and I would have moved there if I wasn't so spoiled by Cali weather..
  • Where are you from? 
    California, born and raised

Everything to do, mountains, beach, etc. Not the biggest fan of fire season, which seems to have been longer and longer each year.

Who knows! I guess looking forward to the timing- 
    hopefully great weather wise with my toddler where we can go to lots of parks and burn off his energy! 
  • Where are you from? Born in Orlando and still here. Had promised DH we would look at moving somewhere else when DS was 5 but getting pregnant restarts that 5 year clock. I do want to love in another state one day but the idea of moving away from family kills me. 

Favorite thing about where you live? There are so many great nature parks around. We just hit up two springs that I had never even heard of until this year. There is so much more to Orlando than Disney. But pre pandemic, we also loved all the amusement parks. My mom retired from Disney so I've grown up going there at least 4 times a year and my first job was at Universal. 

I'm a little worried about how hot it will be for baby wearing. Right now we are in the pool almost daily. 
  • @goldpolkadot  Love the Texas way of life lol! 
  • Where are you from? Born and raised in Chicago, but I now reside in Northern Indiana. 

Favourite thing about where you live?  We live close the beach, Chicago, Indy, and the Amish. We can always find something to do around here! 

Something you look forward to doing locally with your April babe? Or that you do already with other kiddos. I’m excited to tell them! There is a potential for twins since my last U/S showed 2 sacs. I go back next Wed for an update. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @cagncoo12 what area? My friend lives in Grand Rapids and we visit St Joseph often. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @bblair24 hey NC mama! #same. And double #same because I was born in PA. Moved to NC when I was 8.

Where are you from? 
    Central/Eastern-ish

It’s so easy to get to the beach, the mountains, and just general calm nature. 

Definitely getting outside. DS was a November babe, so the weather and flu season didn’t bode well for much outdoors time. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mamabee1113 oh fun! Hi neighbor! ☺️ We’ve never lived in the eastern part of our state but I love it. We went to Topsail Island a few weeks ago and it was beautiful! I lived in the mountains in college (App State) and we lived in the foothills (Wilkesboro) when we were first married. I’m happy to be back in the piedmont! 
  • @eahayes yes, I love Chicago too! We are actually in a near west suburb, so only about 20ish minutes from downtown, but it still feels close enough to the city while still having a relatively quiet neighborhood without being on top of each other, but still feeling like we can utilize the city whenever we want. 

@alylove11 hi neighbor!
  • @MandersX I lived in Orlando for 7 years while I worked for Disney. I miss it a ton, so we generally make the trip a couple times a year, but i definitely get trying out a different area to live. 

@alylove11 I'm in Muskegon, just west of GR 
  • Where are you from?
    I was born in Europe but moved to the US at 4. (military brat) I am from South Texas, with a bit of North Texas and OK thrown in. 

9 months of the year, this is a beautiful area. But, in February, the mountain laurel blooms and the whole city smells like grape pixie Stix. After that, wild flowers explode across the highways. 

Nothing really. You caught me in the time of year where it's brutal and all I can think is how much I hate this place. Mid June to Mid September suck here. 
  • @cagncoo12 so cool that you worked for Disney! What did you do (if you don’t mind me asking)?
  • @goldpolkadot I was a food and beverage manager. Best experience of my life (aside from getting married and having babies haha)