Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 8.24

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Previous pregnancy experiences may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for?

Month/Cycle?

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

Rant/Rave?

GTKY: See spoiler below-

TTC History- *TW* LC
Me: 24 Dh: 46
Married: 10.2018
DS #1: 06.2014
Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

Re: TFAS w/o 8.24

• What number are you trying for? 3
    Month/Cycle? 7/6
    WTO/TWW? WTO
    Ages of other child(ren)? 6, 2
    Any thoughts about this cycle? Nope
    Any questions? Nope
    Rant/Rave? Packing for residency and trying to get my oldest to sort through his clothes so we can get him packed for next week as well. I need to get on my husband about fixing my trunk too.The annoying thing refused to close for months and now it won't open. Doing my best to not stress about things this week. Fingers crossed things run smoothly.
    GTKY: I'd keep tacos, wine, and coffee.

TTC History- *TW* LC
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section

• What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 3/3

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 16 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? Everything seemed good. Just waiting to see if my LP has figured it’s shit out.

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? I’m still waiting for my class list at school. 😡😡😡 School starts in 8 days. Why TF do I not have this information yet?!? In other news, my mom told us today that we needed to wait to have another baby because “one is a lot of work for her.” I realize I’m asking for a lot of help right now, but that’s because we are in the middle of a global pandemic where my daycare has shut down and I have to work. I don’t want to ask for help, but I don’t have a choice right now.

GTKY: I’m keeping tacos, leggings, and pets. 

@ashaislurking I hope your prep for residency goes smoothly. ❤️ MHs trunk does the same thing. It’s so annoying. Some days you can’t get it closed, some days you can’t get it open. 🙄 He needs a new car.
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Loading the player...
  • What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 3/ 1 AL

WTO/TWW? Benched until my body sorts itself out

Ages of other child(ren)? 18 months today

Any thoughts about this cycle? I'm just in a blah place, but I love the TTGP group, so I'm participating

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? No rants besides life being unfair and stupid lab techs. Rave: DS has slept through the night for the past week! Met with a new ob who seems very proactive and supportive.

GTKY: chocolate, books and pets

@ashaislurking good luck with preparing for and working on your residency!
    @chindimples04 I understand that you are probably leaning on her for care, but I think that is way overstepping her boundaries by saying that to you. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • @Kenneylynn3 oh, I totally agree. She doesn’t know we are trying for this very reason. She didn’t even want us to have our first because we were newly married and needed to “enjoy married life”. I don’t enjoy life. We don’t travel, we don’t go out and do things, we don’t have this bucket list of things we wanted to do before settling down. We want to start a family young (DH and I were both 24), so we did. She works very hard and pushing her opinion on us. I’ll have another baby whenever I damn well please, thank you very much. 🖕🏼 Also, I’m sorry to see you back over here. ❤️ I was lurking the April BMB and saw you were over there. I hate you had to come back.
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @chindimples04 I'm sorry your school has you in limbo right now with your class list. My ex didn't get his class list until 4 days before he started teaching (started today). It's insane. I get schools are trying to work around a pandemic but they've had all summer to figure out multiple plans. It's not easy for anyone right now but I wish they'd stop making it so hard for the staff. I'm also sorry about that comment from your mom. Totally not her place to say anything.
    I'm super lucky my husband and his brother are mechanics and I can't WAIT to get a new vehicle.
    @Kenneylynn3 Sleeping through the night is great! I'm also glad your new Ob is so good for you! I'm so sorry for your loss <3 Hopefully you can get on track soon and try again when you're ready. Sending you lots of love!

I got my residency schedule and we're 8am-5pm every day except Wednesday when we're 8am-8pm. Very similar to my residency schedule from last year which is nice but it's going to make for some long days when paired with homework.

TTC History- *TW* LC

• @ashaislurking so happy to see your status at WTO haha. Sending positive vibes to you this week!

@Chindimples04🙄 to your mom. Like yes she has a point about it being hard. I had similar thoughts when I started TFAS since DD had just turned 1. If I had gotten KU right away, it would have been really hard for my mom to take care of 2 under 2. But that doesn’t mean you don’t have a baby! You’ll just figure it out when the time comes. Moms🙄😂

@kenneylynn3 I’m so sorry to see you back here. But glad that we can be here for you ❤️. That’s awesome about STTN. Teach me your ways 😭

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? Cycle 23

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 2.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? Pessimistic but hopeful as always haha 

Any questions? No

Rant/Rave/Brag: So I found out today that they are moving DD up to the preschool room at daycare. The schedule looks to be the same as in her current room, but it’s kind of weird that she will be in preschool for 3 years before kindergarten? It’s definitely not because she’s super advanced or anything, I think it’s just a staffing ratio/numbers thing. But I’m over here like DO I NEED A FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL CHALKBOARD NOW. I mean obviously I need one right? 😂

GTKY: Wine and cheese for sure. I’d keep my current pet over any of the options, but once he has lived his life, I would have to think hard about PJs/leggings versus a new pet haha. 

• @bows22 I'm still really not happy with my cycle. I'm "WTO" but that was the weirdest lightest AF I've ever had that's not obviously just spotting. I don't know what this cycle is going to look like and I'm mad about it. I have a friend who does a first day of school chalkboard for all of her kiddos including her 1.5yo who has "grandma's" listed as her grade. You can DEFINITELY do a first day of school chalkboard for your LO.
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• Thanks ladies. I'm pretty bummed to be back here, but at the same time we are ready to try again as soon as we can. As far as sleeping through the night, I jinxed myself. He woke twice last night. 

@bows22 lol'd at first day of school chalkboard. If you want to, then why not?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • @ashaislurking - Good luck with packing!
    @chindimples04 - I seriously cannot believe you are still waiting!
    @Kenneylynn3 - I'm so sorry for your loss  <3 Glad your new OB sounds like a good fit. 
    @bows22 - lol you definitely need one! 

Month/Cycle? 9/10

WTO/TWW? TWW but I think I'm pretty much out this month, just waiting for AF.

Ages of other child(ren)? 2.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? Got my labs done Friday and I either didn't ovulate or didn't ovulate strongly so that paired with meh timing and I'm not counting on anything.

Any questions?

Rant/Rave? Just annoyed that I haven't heard back from my doctor yet to go over my results. When we left off the plan was to schedule the bloodwork and then depending on those results she said she was fine starting me on clomid or femara but I haven't heard from her yet to go over results and choose which drug. I just want to knooooooooooow.

GTKY: See spoiler below- I'm keeping cheese, chocolate, and tacos (love my pets but I'm ignoring that option lol). 

• Hi Everyone,

Trying to do as much lurking as possible to make sure I post in the appropriate thread - this one might be the best one for my situation! 

What number are you trying for? 2 (have 1 stepson, 1 biological son) 

Month/Cycle? 5/5

WTO/TWW? AF just arrived today

Ages of other child(ren)? 11 & 21 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? I was excited because I had 2 mature follicles and 2 decent ones to work with but we were unsuccessful with Letrozole + Ovidrel + TI. 

Any questions?

Rant/Rave? TTC can be exhausting - mentally, physically, emotionally, all of it. Even though I'm disappointed that AF arrived today, I'm trying to keep perspective and still live each day satisfied. It's hard because I tend to want to jump to "now I have to wait a whole month again" but I really need to just enjoy life as it's happening and know I'm doing everything I can to try to get another little peanut here.

GTKY: See spoiler below- First and foremost TACOS. lol. And wine and pets, although it was really hard not to say pajamas!

@gusgus14 Right there with you this month, hang in there!

@chindimples04 Do you! You never know how long it's going to take to conceive, so I say don't wait for someone else to be comfortable with it. These tough times won't last, hopefully she'll be able to see the bigger picture once she finds out you're having a babe!

Looking forward to getting you know you all.
  • @ashaislurking Good luck with your residency. I hope DH can help get your trunk working again.

@chindimples04 The is so annoying that you are still missing your class list. We are suppose to get our teacher assignments in the mail this week, but we don't start school until after Labor Day.

@Kenneylynn3 I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope your new OB is a good fit. Sleeping through the night is huge!

@bows22 Now I feel like a slacker, my kid is starting kindergarten and we haven't gotten a chalk board. I think you can definitely get one!

@gusgus14 I'm sorry you are still waiting on your results. That is so annoying!

@babyfeverbeliever Welcome! I'm sorry AF made her appearance today. 

Month/Cycle? 4/4

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 5

Any thoughts about this cycle? Only CD 2, so I am trying to be positive and optimistic. DH asked about when we can start trying and seemed interested in really committing to EOD this cycle. 

Any questions? I'm starting OPKs for the first time this cycle, so I'm sure I will have some questions in a week or two when I start. 

Rant/Rave? Still don't know DS' teacher or his cohort for the hybrid school model. It's his kindergarten year and I would love to at least know his teacher's name. We are trying to plan a trip to the lake for a long weekend to take advantage of his virtual school days, since we have internet at the lake. 

GTKY: This was so hard. If I had to pick it would be chocolate, leggings (because they can be PJs if needed), and books. I am ignoring the pets one like @gusgus14. My cat is snuggled with me while I write this, so she would be really upset if she found out I didn't pick her.  :#
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014