April 2021 Moms
Options

Spotting/Bleeding/Cramping Support

If you need some support due to any spotting, bleeding, and/or cramping, feel free to post here.

General *TW* on this thread

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

Re: Spotting/Bleeding/Cramping Support

• Options
    I'm going to be the first to post here I guess. I know spotting can be normal during pregnancy, but it's still nerve wracking. I have spotted and even bled during last two pregnancies, so it's nothing new to me, but I spotted for a couple days right after I found out I was pregnant. It was only brown and went away after three days. I'm now spotting again, was pink yesterday and went from red to brown today....I don't have any cramping, and it's just barely there, but like I said, is still makes me nervous. I'll mention it tomorrow on my phone intake appointment.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Options
    @Kenneylynn3 scary for sure. keep us updated!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    yochi1550yochi1550 member
    edited August 2020
    Oh my god thank you for posting this thread. I am in. it. right now. My husband and I are assuming miscarriage but I know there’s a small chance everything could be ok. Middle of yesterday my back started getting very stiff and by the afternoon it was sore. Around the same time I wiped and saw brown blood. My back got worse and by nighttime I was bleeding brown, and at bed time I had dull, persistent, period-like cramps. Today it is as if I’m fully on my period.

I went to the doctor this afternoon for bloodwork (results tomorrow?) and a transvaginal ultrasound. I’m supposed to be 6w3 based on my period but both the technician and the doctor said what they saw is more in line with 4.5-5 weeks. There was a gestational sac but that’s all that was visible/audible. The doctor said it could be that I ovulate later than what is typical, and that would line up with the testing experience I had. Anyway, there was nothing decisive to be learned from the images. (Except now I wish I would have asked if it’s possible it stopped developing at 4.5-5 weeks and that’s why the discrepancy?) This is my first pregnancy, and I turn 40 in less than three weeks. The indicator I wait for now, I guess, is the hcg level in my blood. I’m so at sea right now. 
  • Options
    @Kenneylynn3 @yochi1550

I’m praying for you ladies. It can be so scary having spotting / cramping. 💕. Hopefully babes & you both are doing well and these symptoms dissipate. 
    Hubby & Me: Born 1993
    Married: August 2013
    Son: December 2018
    Baby in heaven: February 2020, was due Sept

• Options
    kvh22kvh22 member
    edited August 2020
    @Kenneylynn3 I wonder if you just bleed with most pregnancies.

@yochi1550 I wonder if they will have you go in on Friday for a second beta to make sure it's climbing. I definitely don't ovulate on cycle day 14.

Fingers crossed for both of you ladies!

• Options
    @Kenneylynn3 and @yochi1550 I’m sorry you guys are in the midst of this. I’ll be praying for and thinking of both of you! ❤️
  • Options
    Kenneylynn3Kenneylynn3 member
    edited August 2020
    Thanks ladies for the support. I will talk to the Dr today and hopefully they will get me in for an ultrasound on the 27th.
    @kvh22 it is so strange. I had two first trimester mmc where I had no spotting/bleeding, but the last two I had bleeding due to subchorionic hematomas. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Options
    @yochi1550 I am so sorry you're going through this nerve-wracking experience. I am hoping so hard that everything is ok with you and baby. <3
  • Options
    Thank you, all, for your kind words ♥️ Waiting for a call-back about the blood work. 
  • Options
    @Kenneylynn3 I had an SCH with my last pregnancy. It only happens in like 1 or 2% of pregnancies but there were 5 or 6 of us in my last BMB with them. It was wild. Mine was the biggest/most concerning out of all of them (or my OB was more cautious?), I believe. From what I recall, that usually happens a little bit later but can happen anytime. *TW* It was a LOT of blood for mine and I thought there was no way I could still be pregnant. Let us know what your doctor says. You, too @yochi5550. Thinking of you ladies!! I remember how nerve-wracking it is but hopefully everything is perfect for both of you!

• Options
    @kvh22 yeah, mine was so bad that we went to the er. I thought there was no way the baby survived after losing so much blood. I believe it happened around 14-15 weeks. The pregnancy before that, it was more like a never ending period. Started at 9 weeks and bled until about 17 weeks. TW

* I lost that baby at 20 weeks due to a blood clot forming in the umbilical cord.*

• Options
    Well, my progesterone and hgc levels are very low. Will repeat the test tomorrow morning but it’s looking like there’s no way it’s viable. 
  • Options
    @yochi1550 I'm so sorry.  Thinking of you.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @yochi1550 oh, I'm so, so sorry. FX still and thinking of you.

• Options
    @yochi1550 I am so so sorry. Sending you lots of <3
  • Options
    @yochi1550 I am so sorry. 
  • Options
    @yochi1550 I’m so sorry 😢. 

• Options
    @yochi1550 I am very sorry. Wishing you well.
  • Options
    @yochi1550 I'm so sorry.

• Options
    Thank you for all the support ladies. I come with a heavy heart to let you know I'm leaving the group. I ended up miscarrying on Thursday night with and ultrasound on Friday to confirm there is no longer an embryo. I wish you all happy and healthy pregnancies!

• Options
    @Kenneylynn3 oh no 😢 I'm so sorry to hear that. Thinking of you and your family.

• Options
    @Kenneylynn3 I’m so sorry. 
  • Options
    @Kenneylynn3 💔. I am so sorry. We will miss you. 

• Options
    @Kenneylynn3 I’m very sorry to hear that.  Same thing happened to me a few months ago, I had joined the October 2020 board and then had a miscarriage.  Thinking of you and your family.
  • Options
  • Options
    @Kenneylynn3 I’m so sorry to hear that ❤️ Please take care of yourself. I’ll be thinking of you!
  • Options
    I was spotting pink last night, I feel like my cramping has gotten a little more intense too. I'm going to wait it out and call the doctor tomorrow. This stuff always has to happen on the weekend. I don't feel good about this, ugh.
  • Options
    @kenneylynn3 so sorry, take care of yourself! 

@thedomesticgeek fingers crossed it stops and is nothing! 
  • Options
    @thedomesticgeek Praying for you! ❤️

• Options
    @thedomesticgeek I’m praying for you! ❤️
  • Options
    @thedomesticgeek thinking of you!!

• Options
    @thedomesticgeek praying all ok! 

@Kenneylynn3 I’m so sorry!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @Kenneylynn3 I'm so sorry. Please take care of yourself. 

@thedomesticgeek thinking of you. I hope you get a swift, positive resolution. 
  • Options
    @Kenneylynn3 I’m so sorry!
    @thedomesticgeek praying for you!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, spotting was only on Saturday night and stopped. Going in for a repeat quantitative HCG test. My husband's concerned because my arms are a mess already, I have small veins and it took 4 phlebotomists to get my first set of blood draws and a have a huge hematoma on each arm. It'll be worth it to have some peace of mind though. So much for the boring pregnancy I was hoping for. 
  • Options
    @thedomesticgeek I'm so glad to hear that it stopped! Maybe they can try some heat packs or something before they stick you today; I hope it's not too bad. Praying for a positive outcome today! 
  • Options
    @thedomesticgeek I’m so glad it stopped! Good luck with blood work 💕.

• Options
    @thedomesticgeek GLAD it stopped!!