Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Monday 8.24

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Monday 8.24

• Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: OPK (first cycle, so I may have questions), HIO EOD if we can manage, 

R/R: AF showed up with a vengeance today, not surprised as our timing wasn't great and last cycle was wacky AF/spotting on and off for the first 15 days. I have a follow up with the OB/GYN next week on my wacky cycle last cycle, but since AF started in a more usual fashion for me than last cycle, hopefully it was just a fluke. 

CS/Q: The data nerd in me was really impressed by the corresponding temp drop and how noticeable it was on the graph. Weird thing to geek out over, but it's fascinating. Also, makes me feel like my first cycle temping, while not resulting in success, taught me a lot about temping and was a great start. 

~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• @doubleup8 sorry for AF, but it seems like this cycle will be exciting for you (as a data nerd) since you've got the temping under your belt and are starting the OPKS

Month/Cycle: 8 AL

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: PNV, BBT, OPK, etc

R/R: it feels good to be posting today.  i have been totally out of the TTC mindset lately. i find myself very stressed about this, job searching, finances and overall health.  DH thinks that i need to be kinder to myself in this process, so thats what im trying to do this cycle.  i havent been crazy about temping, and i guess ill start OPKs this week at some point.  just giving myself a little break from obsessing over everything.  in non TTC news, we have to cancel our Hawaii trip because they cancelled the pretravel testing program for visitors.  and thats fine.  we will probably still take the time off and go somewhere a little easier--maybe my IL's beach house in florida and just stay there with minimal contact with outside world.

CS/Q: posted this in TTCAL, but second progesterone level came back at 1.5 at CD9.  doc said CD7 (4.38 reading) was def not mid cycle (which i figured) so we caught it on downswing but she feels confident it peaked higher.  doesnt think testing again next month is necessary, and DH and i decided to just go with that instead of forcing the issue for now.  but we have agreed that if by November we are still in this TTC boat, that we will proceed with more testing.

• Loading the player...
  • @doubleup8 sorry for AF. Very jealous of your temp, though! Mine tends to stay somewhat high during AF then only drops sometime before O. 

@asf0613 I totally feel you on trying to be kinder to yourself. I struggle with that too. It sounds like you have a lot going on, so I hope that the steps you’re taking help! I’m sorry about your cancelled vaca, too, though Florida still sounds great!

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: temping, charring, OPKs

R/R: I have been in denial about school starting back up, but this week I need to snap out of it. I have a bunch of summer work to grade and prep work to do, so I’m hoping to get started on that this week.

CS/Q: nothing to see yet

• @asf0613 yes, all the data. I think it helps me feel like I have control over someone we have very little control over. I'm sorry about your trip, but something simple sounds like it might be just the thing for your and DH.

@fameonmain2 yes, I was surprised by the drop. When I started temping I was all over the map. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.
    Last cycle chart (first temping)

Good luck getting ready for the start of school!
    ~~Signature~~
    **TW Living Child**

• @DoubleUp8 Sorry about AF :( 

@asf0613 Sorry about your trip! I'm glad you'll still be able to do something more local. It sounds like a relaxing time at the beach house will be a great break for you, though. 

@fameonmain2 Good luck getting that schoolwork started!

Month/Cycle: 5/3

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: Mira, OPKs, PNV and others, HIO EOD

R/R: It's only Monday morning and I'm already overwhelmed by work. Looking forward to having a 3 day break for Labor Day! Can't go anywhere though, since MH will be working. Otherwise just waiting for my OB-GYN appointment this Thursday to discuss wacky cycles and starting testing. 

CS/Q: none. Based on previous cycles I may O in a couple weeks or not at all

• @fameonmain2 GL with school starting back up!
    @priyadoc hopefully you have a good appointment on thursday!
  • @priyadoc hope work lets up soon! GL with your appointment and testing. Hope you get some answers soon. 
  • @priyadoc I hope your appointment goes well. Yay for 3 day weekend! I can't wait!

~~Signature~~
    **TW Living Child**