March 2021 Moms
Options

Pregnancy during quarantine

How is everyone feeling during the Covid-19 outbreak? Are your appointments different than they normally would be? 
I’m 11 weeks along and have only had a Zoom check in with my doctor. I’ll have a clinic visit and roll-in ultrasound to confirm pregnancy and due date... but it’s making me sad that the ball isn’t rolling the same as my first pregnancy. 

Re: Pregnancy during quarantine

• Options
    Girl yes! I am so grateful to be pregnant don't get me wrong (we struggled and needed help), but part of me is like why now? And how the heck am I supposed to get to March without getting sick 😷. My husband is like "you have to think positively" but dang it's not easy considering the state of everything right now.
    DD1 - 2010 TTC v2.0
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I also needed help and husband couldn't join me for any of our IVF appointments at all. So far, the only time he's seen the baby on ultrasound was when we went to the ER due to bleeding and that's only because my state allows for a support person in emergency situations and for operations. I know our hospital is trying to get to the point of letting partners in due to our decently low infection rate, but it's still not happening fast enough. My parents are angry that he can't join but we both totally understand. 
    My OB decided it was too high risk for me to continue going to work and being out and about while pregnant due to my other underlying conditions (asthma, blood clotting disorder, obesity) so she wrote a note for me and another for my husband so that we could both work from home and mine worked. Today was my first day working remote and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm normally pretty introverted so I'm like "meh, people" but I can see even me starting to feel like "HEY PEOPLE!!" when I see someone walking by. Hubby's a school teacher so it's likely he'll end up home anyway, but he's hoping the note works. Then we'll have our separate office spaces and do our own things...and see each other at night. And only each other. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So far I haven’t been inconvenienced with not being able to physically go in for appointments. Things are just a tad bit slower when you have to be conscious of social distancing at the clinic. I’m on a staycation right now and I am anxious about returning to work where I have to be around many other people. I’m going to have to be extra vigilant. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yes. It's definitely a weird time to be pregnant.  We also needed help and my husband wasn't able to join for any of the ultrasounds at our fertility clinic.  I have my NT scan scheduled for 9/1 and surprisingly, they're allowing one support person to come to both the NT scan and the anatomy scan.  We were totally expecting he wouldn't be able to come to any of the appointments.  
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • Options
    My first appointment is tomorrow and my husband is allowed to go but I was told this is the only appointment he will be permitted to be at. I’m not sure why the first appointment is the exception and I’m pretty bummed he won’t be allowed to go to the anatomy scan. Honestly this first appointment and the anatomy scan are really the only appointments I care if he is at 🤷🏼‍♀️ 
  • Options
    I was telling my husband that I am feeling kind of bummed this time around. It’s my third pregnancy but I feel like it’s hard to be super excited because everywhere I look, I’m reminded of covid. Thankfully we use a birth center and they allow husbands and kids at all appointments. 
  • Options
    My husband hasn’t been allowed at most of my appointments but like @juliebeannn, the place where I go for my NT scan and anatomy scan allows one support person so we’re really excited that he’ll be around for those. Since March will still be flu/respiratory virus season (plus Covid), I’m curious whether hospital policies will change by the time delivery rolls around but I know they made it a law that women giving birth are allowed a support person so I know for sure H will be able to be with me for that. 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @kloe818 @juliebeannn yeah, same. I am not someone who needs someone to be at appointments with me for emotional support, but it really stinks he has not been able to have zero involvement in this whole process. He wasn't even allowed at the actual transfer. I know it is kinda bumming him out and making it kinda hard to be connected.  My OB allows a +1 for ultrasounds, so when I get release from my RE I plan on scheduling the 15 week US (even though I didn't bother to do it last time) so he can finally see baby.
  • Options
    also @knottied5b24da61890f1e6 you might want to change your username, it'll be easier for us to tag you and get to know you better! Usually you have to go to The Knot to change your username and then log out and log back in.

TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    i am actually pretty happy to do my appointments  on my own. It gives me an excuse  to find childcarw for my son and my husband was a great source of stress throughout  my last pregnancy and labour. He just doesnt handle stress well.  My in laws   came to the hospital before i was ready for visitors so im kind of happy that nobody will be allowed to visit. Im a bit worried about the 3 days after my c section in the hospital doing things. How will i take care of baby on my own? Last time i couldnt sit up or hold my son without help, but the healing will be a lot easier this time, so i think ill be okay. Im worried sbout people coming over to my house to see the baby. I know i will not have any say. 
  • Options
    i know for the NT scan my husband can’t go (it’s at a different office), but unclear about regular appointments/anatomy scan they had told me I could bring someone but then appointment reminder text said come alone. 

I’m a teacher and super thankful our county has already decided we will be virtual until end of January. I was super stressed until that decision was made. I really just want to get to the point we can tell people—right now I feel like most of our friends/family think I’m just crazy about being quarantined because we won’t do anything/go anywhere. We’ve told our parents and I told one friend who lives many states away.
  • Options
    Found out Friday that hubby can come to the anatomy scan in October. That makes me happy!
  • Options
    I tried twice and it didn’t save! I’ll try again😊
  • Options
    We've decided to go through a local water birth center and I'm really excited! They have a lovely quiet, clean office and my partner gets to come to all of my appointments with me. I feel so relieved that we don't have to go through our local (rural) hospital/clinics for all of the tests/screenings/appointments at a time like this