1st Trimester
Options

Crazy week

Hi, I’m new here, I’m joining after my crazy week. I knew this was going to be an emotional week. I was dropping my daughter off at college for her freshman year and turning 43. Then I got the surprise of my life with a positive pregnancy test! It still feels very surreal. I’m 6 weeks today. Due to my age my Dr had me come in right away. Hcg is going up as it should, progesterone was low but not critically low. I’m scheduled for an ultrasound next week. It’s crazy how fast I went from shock over having another child (ours are 18 and almost 17 in 3 weeks) to being immediately maternal and concerned. I’m very anxious about the ultrasound, I really want everything to be okay. We haven’t told the kids, I want to make sure this is for real and the ultrasound shows a developing baby first. I cannot believe this is happening, just the other day my husband and I were joking about what to do with our daughter’s room now that she’s off at school, I did not imagine we might be turning into a nursery.

Re: Crazy week

• Options
    <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/clairon1" class="js-userCard" data-userid="11735520">clairon1</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText">Hi, I’m new here, I’m joining after my crazy week. I knew this was going to be an emotional week. I was dropping my daughter off at college for her freshman year and turning 43. Then I got the surprise of my life with a positive pregnancy test! It still feels very surreal. I’m 6 weeks today. Due to my age my Dr had me come in right away. Hcg is going up as it should, progesterone was low but not critically low. I’m scheduled for an ultrasound next week. It’s crazy how fast I went from shock over having another child (ours are 18 and almost 17 in 3 weeks) to being immediately maternal and concerned. I’m very anxious about the ultrasound, I really want everything to be okay. We haven’t told the kids, I want to make sure this is for real and the ultrasound shows a developing baby first. I cannot believe this is happening, just the other day my husband and I were joking about what to do with our daughter’s room now that she’s off at school, I did not imagine we might be turning into a nursery.</div>
    </blockquote>Congratulations!!!  And best of luck to you!  You may find more members to chat with about all those early pregnancy feelings on your birth month board, as well, if you want to jump in there.  GL at your scan next week!