April 2021 Moms

WTF Wednesday 8/19

Re: WTF Wednesday 8/19

• Family was all up early (including me, so nbd). Got all ready to take DD2 on a run, step outside, so smoky. No way is it a good idea to go for a run outside. There were crazy wildfires last night and a friend and her family were evacuated who live up in the mountains but it didn't occur to me that we'd have smoke (duh?). Trying to pivot by putting on Daniel Tiger and doing a video workout.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Wtf my fatigue?! And laziness!! I’ve been up since 530 when I got the girls up and off to school. And all I’ve accomplished since is putting a load of laundry in the wash! I also, have watched nothing but Daniel Tiger all day
  • Loading the player...
  • WTF to my children and dog who have teamed up against me haha! The kids go out the back door to play in the yard. We have a fenced in yard so the dog goes out too. They come in without him, he sits at the door and cries like a baby to be let in. Somehow the children are deaf to this sound and won't let him back in without being asked. What's super special is our storm door doesn't latch unless you pull it tight, which the kids never do. So the dog lets himself out frequently to bark at the invisible bad guys and then parks himself at the door to whine to come back inside. Unfortunately you can't pull a door open without thumbs, so he's at our mercy to be let back in.
  • Why did my son want to play at 2 AM last night?? Lol. 

Also can bugs stop sneaking in through out backdoor. So gross..... 
    Hubby & Me: Born 1993
    Married: August 2013
    Son: December 2018
    Baby in heaven: February 2020, was due Sept

• This morning, I looked out the library windows at the construction work... The 6mos pregnant woman across the street was doing squats with 150-200lbs weights!!! 
  • @aisukurimsarang what the what!?!?
    @kelseyyh hard no to bugs! 
    @kvh22 & @nattykik Daniel Tiger...YES! We watched the covid episode yesterday - it was good! Though my crazy kids didn't understand why there was only 1 instead of the two back-to-back like they're used to (haha we usually only watch the 1 or 2 free seasons on amazon prime)

My WTF is to my 3-year-old who just recently decided that "bottom" jokes are hilarious. This morning on our walk we said hi to a sweet elderly neighbor who was sitting on her front porch and after we walk by DS yells out "BYE BOTTOM" And then he made the same joke about 5 times today. No, kiddo, just no. DH came home and I was like THIS needs to stop! Potty words stay in the potty room, kid!
  • @aisukurimsarang Are you a librarian?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Daniel Tiger is king in this house lol.

I know it's Thursday but I'm so frustrated with the billing at the pediatrician's office. DD1 was sick back in April and I called the advice line. A doctor called me back and I got charged which has never happened. It was apparently a new policy that they did not communicate that if the call is over 11 minutes, it's a virtual visit. I legit just cancelled her 3 year appointment next week and am getting recommendations for new offices b/c we've had other billing issues (although those were eventually resolved - this is technically coded correctly, just shady from a communication perspective). They're super corporate so it's hard to get anything through. I'm seeing the ped (not the one who called me - that wasn't our regular one) on Monday for DD2's 15 month since I want her to get her vaccines on schedule but there are no vaccines at the 3 year so I can take a week or two to find a new office to switch to. I never even researched pediatrician's offices (just the actual peds at this office) b/c it's all part of the network my GP and OB are at. Ugh - probably the pregnancy hormones but I've cried twice today out of frustration/lack of control while going back and forth with the doctor, customer service, and billing.

• @kvh22 ugggghhhhh nooo that’s so frustrating!! The 11-min rule is ridiculous!! We’ve had to do three virtual visits during all this Covid stuff and they charge upfront and it seems way high and just frustrating for literally like 5 mins of FaceTime. Somehow being IN the office makes it seem more worth it. But dang over the phone is super annoying. It’s good tho that you have some time to find a new place. Boo on them!!! I’m actually dreading dealing with insurance for this baby - previous kiddos I was on different insurance (mine before I quit) and now I’m like ughh I need to figure out all the things all over again 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • @goldpolkadot yea we've had to take DD2 in twice for stitches since June 😬🤕 Haven't had an actual virtual visit but if I'm having legit services, I get it. This wasn't insane ($78) but just feels so unethical considering I've done this sooo many times for no charge and this wasnt an alternative to in person. They're running my note saying I was leaving (I also wrote it when they asked the reason for cancelling my appointment) up to management so I'm hoping they reverse it since they'll lose more from not getting her well child check than this costs. It's the principle. I've absolutely been surprised by things not being covered but not such shady billing practices. We have a high deductible plan by choice but I could have talked to a nurse. It's the damn advice line. Ugh I'm still so worked up.

• @kvh22 OMG TWICE!? You poor thing!! And we have a high deductible plan too (by choice) - I get it! This stuff will annoy you to DEATH. We just recently got a (small) bill from the hospital for DD2....from HER BIRTH in 2019. I'm like seriously? Of course calling them is now on my list to do....fun fun fun
  • We were supposed to move next Friday, and now we're moving on September 18th, because we had issues with our homes buyers. After the whole ordeal with buying our house in time and getting all the terms agreed to so we could close on time.

We were going to celebrate my birthday and my husband's birthday at our new house, and instead we're stuck here in a half packed house. It's my golden birthday and my 30th birthday and DH was planning on taking me on a surprise vacation before covid took over (it was an obvious surprise, lol) now it's going to be boring birthday. Oh well, thanks for letting me have my own pity party. 
  • Ok, all of your Daniel Tiger talk has me so excited for this baby. I can't wait for Daniel Tiger and Disney Junior again, my daughter is 8 so she's all about the Minecraft YouTubers. 🙄 I actually miss those adorable cartoons.