Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TWW Friday 8/21

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: TWW Friday 8/21

• Options

Month/Cycle: 21/23

CD/DPO: 21/5

Timing: -3,-2,-1

Typical LP length: 12

Testing: 10 or 11 dpo 

R/R: I woke up yesterday feeling a migraine coming on and was able to head it off all day until after dinner and then it took over ugh. The room we were working in at the client the last 2 days was too hot and that’s a trigger for me. For some reason being outside in the heat is okay but not inside. Bodies are weird. I went to bed really early and so far so good today.  Which is good because we got the last piece of info for an audit yesterday and the client wants a fast turnaround so I’m back in panic mode for work. DH suggested that I go in to the office tomorrow and try to get to a handle on everything so I’m probably going to do that since it won’t bother him. When I go in on weekdays everyone tries to talk to me and I don’t get anything done. I’m glad this crazy year of work is lining up with the pandemic so that I’m not really missing out on doing anything, but it still sucks. 

CS/Q:

• Options
    @bows22 so sorry you got a migraine! Glad you're doing better today. I know (from DH's experiences) how much those can knock you out for hours.

Month/Cycle: 3+ years (sigh) 

CD/DPO: 25/9

Timing: -3, -1, 0, +1

Typical LP length: 13 days

Testing: tomorrow

R/R: the appt yesterday didn't really go as I had hoped. Mostly because we got on the subject of mental health. It also just sucks to hear you have a 5% chance of naturally conceiving just because we've been at it for so long. How does that even work?? Ugh. Anyway, we agreed that we would do the baseline work up again and DH a semen analysis to see how things are right now. She said we could try an IUI for a 10-12% chance but of that doesn't work, really our only option is to just try another FET. So that bummed out feeling is lingering today and I just know it will be so important to get on meds for my mental health. It could be the key I think

CS/Q: 

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 so they think just because you’ve been trying for so long that means you only have a 5% chance? I don’t know. Like what if you get on meds and that was hindering you this whole time, wouldn’t that improve your chances? Are you trying to avoid doing another FET? I’m sorry you are feeling bummed out. I’m glad you are open to taking meds. It’s not your fault that you are feeling this way ❤️
  • Options
    @bows22 yeah idk 🤷‍♀️. I'm trying to push off doing a FET if I can half because I want to see if it's the minor adjustments of diet and brain chemistry (meds) that can make it work and half because I don't want to waste another $3500 to lose another embryo. I just see more signs that we can't give up on more simple treatment (like morphology at 6% on the day of the ER vs 1% from his SA). I don't think we gave IUIs a fair chance because we just moved straight in to them.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @bows22 - Ugh migraines suck! Good luck getting your work stuff done.
    @inthewoods23 - I’m sorry it didn’t go the way you hoped  <3 Do you know what the timeline is as far as starting meds? I think I remember seeing you were going to be talking to your PCP about it?

Month/Cycle: 9/10

CD/DPO: 21/idk

Timing: meh 

Typical LP length: 9-11 day

Testing: In a week if no AF

R/R: Got my CD21 labs done today and now I’ve got a day to myself! I’m so glad I took PTO because I don’t think I could have handled another day of dealing with people at work. Now I just have to wait patiently for my doctor to call me next week with my results. 

CS/Q: 

• Options
    DoubleUp8DoubleUp8 member
    edited August 2020
    @bows22 I'm sorry work is so crazy. I hope you can get through today and enjoy your weekend. 

@inthewoods23 I'm sorry the appointment was not as you had hoped it would be. I hope you can get medication started and get your mental health to a good place. 

Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD/DPO: 32/10

Timing: -3

Typical LP length: 12ish

Testing: today in the afternoon maybe

R/R: DH's grandfather had the surgery, but he is not doing well. He was having trouble breathing yesterday after coming off he anesthesia and needed a blood transfusion from anemia related to his heart problem. It's not looking good right now. The hospital is allowing one visitor a day, so DH's grandmother, my MIL, and DH's uncle are taking turns to hopefully all be able to see him in the next few days. I'm so sad for DH.

SO glad it is Friday! Wine on the porch in front of the lake tonight! (unless I find out there is a reason not too).

CS/Q: Edit to add chart.

~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• Options
    @gusgus14 I'm glad you took some time off for youself.
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• Options
    @gusgus14 I posted about it in the mental health thread - I have an appointment scheduled for Monday afternoon! I'm hoping that means I could start right away. Hope you get good news on your labs later and enjoy your day off!

I ended up working an extra hour every day this week so my "summer hours" mean I'm done at noon today!

@DoubleUp8 sending hugs and lots of positive thoughts to YH's grandfather!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @DoubleUp8 - I’m so sorry he’s not doing well! 
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 - good luck on Monday!
  • Options
    Good morning all! I'm baaaaaack!. 

@bows22 here here re: crazy year b/c of pandemic and work! I hope at least work will get better soon; can't say I feel the same way about the pandemic. 

@inthewoods23 saw your update in the IF thread as well and I'm sorry you didn't come away with the warm fuzzies you'd been expecting. It's been said already, but definitely taking care of your mental health w/ some medication could be the missing puzzle piece. Your brain can be such a blocker! Plus, you'll feel so much better!

@gusgus14 enjoy your day off! Waiting for any blood results is the worst. 

@DoubleUp8 I am so sorry to hear about YH's grandfather's medical issues. I haven't been here all week so don't have the details but it sounds pretty serious. I hope he hangs in there. 

AFM....

Month/Cycle: 7/7

CD/DPO: 31/11

Timing: -4, -2, O

Typical LP length: supplementing with progesterone so irrelevant 

Testing: yesterday (BFN) & tomorrow (since I'll need to stop progesterone)

R/R: rave -- we had such a great time in Yosemite! Did 3 major hikes (including one with >3600 ft of elevation over 4.6 mi; the other 2 were MUCH milder) and then our cabin stay following 2 days camping was delightful. We (MH and I) "bubbled" with 2 of my former housemates and it was so nice to have human contact. The only problem was there was a state-wide heat wave, so temps were hitting close to 105 on Sat/Sun, and then veeeerrrryy slowly came down over Mon-Tue-Wed. Yesterday morning, just before we started packing to leave, it was finally nice enough to sit outside and enjoy the morning (temps were in mid-70s). The AirBnB we stayed at only had 2 portable A/Cs units and they just couldn't handle the heat (we knew the cabin din't have central A/C, but decided we should be OK with the 2 A/C units; WRONG! But I still have a 5* review since everything about the cabin was amazing and I would 100% go back; just not in a heatwave.) 

rant -- well, as you probably heard, CA is in the process of burning down. It is very scary, and I get this feeling each time the fire season rolls around. California is the land of extremes.... Last night I was messaging with my former housemates, and one of them was in the process of evacu'ing his parents/grandparents. We also had camping reservations at Big Basin Redwoods State Park in early October, and that park's has been badly damaged by the fire. I saw photos of the former welcome center and bathrooms and it's so stark/desolate. Safe to say that we likely won't be going camping there...

CS/Q: I'm not gonna bother posting since there are too many unpredictable factors this month. For e.g. I don't know how progesterone supplementation affects BBT. Also, the extreme heat of the past few days probably affected it. I suspect that once I stop taking progesterone, it'll nosedive. 

MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• Options
    @gusgus14 I’m so glad you were able to take the day off!

@DoubleUp8 I’m so sorry things aren’t going well. I hope YH has some small comfort in knowing his grandfather isn’t totally alone right now. But I hope he gets through this ❤️

@ac@acleverusername I’m glad you had such a great time on your trip! California scares me between earthquakes and fires....stay safe❤️
  • Options
    inthewoods23inthewoods23 member
    edited August 2020
    @acleverusername my therapist has said she very much believes there is a mind/body connection so I can totally see how the chemical imbalance of depression could prevent implantation from occurring. Glad you had such a good vacation! Stay safe out there!

Eta: meant to add this to my post too!

Gir randomly decided to plop down next to me and put her paw on my leg. The she got up maybe 20 seconds later.

Again.... What do you know cat?? 🤨🤨🤨

*TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause