Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

UO Thursday 8.20

Tell us your unpopular opinions that we may or may not agree with! ๐Ÿ˜†

*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 |ย Together since 2007 |ย Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3ย |ย all BFN
IVF #1 |ย 6.11.19ย |ย 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1ย |ย 9.10.19ย |ย BFNย "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testingย |ย all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2ย |ย 3.31.20ย |ย Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE |ย 8.20.20ย |ย Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! |ย 9.22.20ย |ย MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally |ย starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist |ย 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy |ย 10.1.21ย | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono |ย 10.15.21ย |ย normal
Bloodwork |ย 10.21.21ย |ย high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22ย B)ย | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch;ย added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI |ย 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check |ย allย normal
Labs |ย high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up |ย 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: UO Thursday 8.20

• Options
    Morning! I finally have an UO for this week.

Rosรฉ is the prettiest wine to look at, but has the worst taste in general. Iโ€™ve only found 1 I like, and it probably doesnโ€™t taste like rosรฉ to rosรฉ drinkers.ย 
  • Options
    @keikilove I think all wine is gross. Honestly, most alcohol is super unpleasant tasting. That might be my UO. ๐Ÿคฃ
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @chindimples04 I'm the same way! I never found alcohol to be appealing except for some liquors. You will never catch me having a beer. There's always a weird after taste or bite to it (same with wines for me). It doesn't help that I like sugary sodas so that's a completely different taste profile in comparison. I can't understand how people can CHUG that stuff? Gross.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3ย |ย all BFN
    IVF #1 |ย 6.11.19ย |ย 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1ย |ย 9.10.19ย |ย BFNย "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testingย |ย all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2ย |ย 3.31.20ย |ย Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE |ย 8.20.20ย |ย Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy |ย 10.1.21ย | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork |ย 10.21.21ย |ย high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22ย B)ย | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch;ย added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up |ย 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    Related UO I guess - I can't stand dry wine and I HAAAATE most light colored beers (give me stout, porter, or a sour please)ย 
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• Options
    @keikilove I agree that rose is not the best tasting wine, but it's definitely pretty to drink! I guess my UO is I don't like moscato. It's waaay too sweet for me. I can drink it if it's part of a cocktail or sangria, but straight up? No thanks.ย 

• Options
    akorosakoros member
    edited August 2020
    I love alcoholic beverages as long as they're not too sweet, but my sister-in-law also hates alcohol, so I get it. My in-laws keep trying to suggest drinks for her, usually stuff like non-alcoholic beer...which is gross, and misses the point that she doesn't like the taste, not necessarily the alcohol part. They have the hardest time wrapping their heads around it.

I wasn't into rose until we went to Provence, so now I'll occasionally buy a nicer bottle of Provencal or perhaps Cotes du Rhone rose. A lot of them do suck, though, particularly once it got popular and wineries started churning out anything pink. Alcohol-wise, I'm not a big fan of vodka (if it's good it doesn't taste like anything...what's the point?), sweet stuff, or super piney, hoppy beers. Otherwise I'm generally down for it, but do tend towards gin and whiskey for cocktails, darker beers (I can go on a rant about how there aren't enough brown ales in the market), and dry wines of all colors. I used to be really into sour beers, but got tired of them, same with hazy IPAs. I think they have the same problem as rose where it got popular so you had a lot of bad/"meh" ones flooding the market.

FWIW, if you *do* like beer but can't drink for health reasons, I was pleasantly surprised by Brewdog's Punk AF. So far it's the only non-alcoholic beer I've had stateside that's drinkable (in Poland I tried several that were decent, so I know it's possible). Not the best beer you'll ever have, but works in a pinch. In general I really like the "spirit free" trend that's starting, I hope it results in better non-alcoholic beverage options at restaurants or bars, it kind of sucks that usually your only options are water or soda. I had a bartender go nuts once and make me a custom mocktail out of various fruits, juices, and sodas he had behind the bar, which was delicious.
  • Options
    @ashaislurking Iโ€™ll take your portion of the dry wines, and you can have mine and @emeraldduchess โ€˜s moscato! Haha
    @keikilove I agree, I havenโ€™t found a rosรจ that I like either! ย 

I like most wines, but itโ€™s a no for beer and any whisky or bourbon for me. ๐Ÿคข

• Options
    @keikilove I totally agree!!!! Give me all the red wine, please!!

@emeraldduchess Moscato USED to be my drink of choice. It was the only thing I liked for awhile but then I met DH and he turned me to the dark side of Red wine and now I can't even take the tiniest sip of Moscato. It's super sweet and not good at allย  :D
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011ย |ย ย EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/Sย 3ย 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =ย  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Options
    It appears my UO is that I donโ€™t discriminate! I like white, red, and rose wine, but I donโ€™t tend to like the cheap stuff as much, especially for red and rose. Give me a German white or a French red any day! I like most beer that isnโ€™t too hoppy, and I love mixed drinks. Lately have been into herbal liqueurs. I spent way too much money at the fancy liquor store this week, but I needed a distraction and now I am happy:ย 

• Options
    @fitzfizz Jealous! We're almost out of St-Germain, and would love a bottle of ginger liqueur. Trying to dabble in the herbal liqueurs, our next stop is probably Chartreuse, once I work up the courage to get a bottle (but yellow or green??)
  • Options
    @akoros I never am without both yellow and green chartreuse so my opinion may not be helpful haha. If you like to sip at liqueur and like it sweet, go for the yellow. If you prefer mixed drinks, green is more versatile. I also like to drink the green on ice. Chartreuse mule is one of my favorite drinks if you also like ginger, and it uses the green chartreuse. The Domaine de Canton is ginger flavored and it is my first time trying it, but I love it!ย 
  • Options
    @emeraldduchessand @photographerwife I'm in the dry wine club with you. No moscato, no white-zin, and only dry roses.

@fitzfizz I am with you. I like most beers as long as they are not an IPA.ย 

~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011ย 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• Options
    You are all going to hate me ๐Ÿ˜† I LOVE rose wine and especially moscato lol. Sweeter the better baby haha. I like white wine too but not red. Yuck! I donโ€™t like anything dry. Iโ€™m not a big beer fan and never drink it but the sour fruity ones taste not too bad when I have sips of them. I especially love all the sweet sugary tasting coolers. Iโ€™ll take all you ladies sweet drinks ๐Ÿ˜‚ send them my way!ย 
  • Options
    @mindyb2019 I'm coming to your place to drink ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• Options
    @mindyb2019 samesies! Lol I'm all for the sweet stuff
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3ย |ย all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @fitzfizz That's really helpful, thank you! We'd mostly be using it in cocktails (and neither of us are into sweet things), so I'll aim for green.
  • Options
    @mindyb2019 @ashaislurking @inthewoods23 Eeeewww to the super sweet stuff!ย 

• Options
    But also, Iโ€™m so glad to know Iโ€™m not alone in my dislike of rosรฉ! Itโ€™s so weird that itโ€™s so pretty & so disappointing. Like getting a chocolate treat only to find out itโ€™s made with carob.๐Ÿ˜†
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 of course you are the samesies as me lol. ๐Ÿ˜ Twinning!ย 

@ashaislurking yess girl, come on over to drink at my house ๐Ÿ˜†