February 2021 Moms
Options

What My Pregnant Self is Eating

anyone else with cravings?? 

I HAVE to have a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch at least once a day and since I got pregnant NEED BLTS. I actually really don't enjoy BLTS, at all, so that was what cued me in that I could be pregnant again. 

One other thing is ice cream!! When I'm pregnant I am not lactose intolerant and it is amazing. So I get 9 months where I can enjoy all the dairy I want!!! 

Re: What My Pregnant Self is Eating

• Options
    Not necessarily cravings. But I had cheese and crackers at 10:30 am today. I’ve been eating a lot more pickles. And I’ve been eating a bowl of Quaker Oatmeal Squares most nights before bed. They are delicious. 
  • Options
    I can’t get enough of those pretzels with cheese in the middle that you microwave...so weird
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @babymamadimo now I need to go get me one of those!! 
    I also have been wanting powdered sugar 🍩  which I normally find repulsive 🤣🤣
  • Options
    I was having the craziest aversions and desires for food but thank gosh it leveled out. I do love some sweets though!!! 
  • Options
    I was craving BLTs like crazy in the first trimester! Also cheeseburgers, mashed potatoes, sushi & crab especially (destroyed a pot o crabs last nite!), fruit (especially plums) and leafy greens. That's everyday haha
  • Options
    As a continuation of "birthday week", I went to brunch with my parents this morning and ordered something called "Nutella Poppers", which were essentially freshly fried doughnut bites filled with chocolate hazelnut spread coated in powdered sugar and a butterscotch drizzle. So sad my excuse for desserts is now gone for a while, lol!
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    @WildMagelet those sound delicious! I might need to add them to my "im pregnant let me eat what I want" list 😆 
  • Options
    I've been making watermelon slushies (frozen watermelon cubes with water and lime juice) and Mexican fruit bowls (watermelon, mango, cucumber, lime juice, and Tejin) allllll the time. At least it keeps me from eating ice cream every single day?
    Rainbow Baby? {2.1.21}
    MC at 8 weeks {EDD 9.2.20}
    Rainbow Girl! {2.28.16}Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby boy, lost at 16 weeks {EDD 6.10.15}

• Options
    My craving recently has been for hamburger helper which is really strange! We dont normally eat a lot of hamburger helper, but lately it's been a regular dinner for us. 
  • Options
    @Mrstomommy1114 that's so funny I'm not a sugary cereal fan at all normally and I also have been inhaling cinnamon toast crunch! It's my favorite thing right now!

Other than that no real crazy or specific cravings, just feel like I am constantly hungry and snacking. I use the I can eat anything I want excuse out loud and in my head often haha.. Have only gained a pound so far (14 +1) so I think I'm doing okay!
  • Options
    Breaded chicken cutlet, mozzarella, lettuce, balsamic glaze on a roll. I cannot stop eating this sandwich and have eaten probably 6 in the last month. 
  • Options
    During the first tri I felt like I was out of control with the carbs, so now that the aversions have settled down a bit, I'm TRYING to stick to a normal healthy diet. Ice cream though...man, I want it every day, and now I really want a nutella popper @WildMagelet
  • Options
    @kkfishy9 what is this nutella popper you speak of?
  • Options
    @moguippy that sounds amazing 
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick the funny thing is pre-pregnancy I wasn’t a big sandwich person. And now all I want is that sandwich or a turkey and cheese sandwich 
  • Options
    WildMageletWildMagelet member
    edited August 2020
    @animommy It's an amazing dessert I tried at brunch the other day. Essentially it's a freshly fried doughnut filled with chocolate hazelnut spread coated in powdered sugar and a butterscotch drizzle.

@kkfishy9 How about warm nutella poppers with ice cream on top! 
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    One of my pregnancy apps said I should be consuming milk whether it was cows milk or otherwise so I took that comment and decided to get myself some milk and some sugar cereals and I’m eating a bowl of a mixture of three cereals with milk. Pre pregnancy I didn’t keep these things in my house. 
  • Options
    @birdiejo plus cereals are often fortified with vitamins. It’s a win in my book! 
  • Options
    I don’t know if I’d consider those Apple Jacks good for me but thank you for this Hahahaha 
  • Options
    @WildMagelet my mouth is watering...