November 2020 Moms
Options

August - Plus Size Mom Check-In

I think I missed last month, but I figured I’d get one up for this month! 

FTM? Or STM+?

How are far along are you?

How are you feeling?

How do you feel you and your body have adjusted to pregnancy? Has it been easy? Tough? Somewhere in the middle?

GTKY: What is your favorite movie theater snack? 

Anything other curvy mama questions or concerns? 

Re: August - Plus Size Mom Check-In

• Options

FTM? Or STM+? STM

How are far along are you? 26+3

How are you feeling? Great! 

How do you feel you and your body have adjusted to pregnancy? Has it been easy? Tough? Somewhere in the middle? I think my body adjusted more easily at age 24 when I was pregnant with DD! Lol. But overall, I can’t complain. Past the first trimester, nothing had been too uncomfortable or painful. Starting to get the Lower back pain lately, but compared to the ladies struggling with sciatica, I feel lucky. 

GTKY: What is your favorite movie theater snack? Definitely movie theater popcorn and a Diet Coke! Runner up to popcorn would be sour patch kids! 🤤 I miss movie theaters and am looking forward to them opening again when Covid chills out. 

Anything other curvy mama questions or concerns? I have been struggling the last few weeks with feeling like my doctors are looking for something to be wrong with me simply because I’m overweight. It makes me really upset because I have great blood pressure, no troubling signs or symptoms like swelling or headaches, and had a perfectly healthy pregnancy with DD. Yet, I’ve now been asked to do a thyroid test, 24 hour urine collection, and EKG on my heart. I also happened to fail the 1 hour glucose test. I honestly expected it because with DD I failed it also but passed the 3 hour one. Hoping all goes well and I pass the 3 hour again this time. And hoping I pass all their other stupid tests so I can prove them wrong that fat = unhealthy pregnancy. I’m bitter about all of it right now - sorry for the rant. 

• Options
    @krystrist2014 yummm love me some diet coke 😅 I'm sorry your doc is putting you through the extra testing :( I hated doing the 24 hour urinalysis. Luckily when I had to do mine at the beginning of the pregnancy, work had us in a rotation to where I had a week off and could do the urinalysis without having to take my little pee jug to work and store in the mini fridge 😂

FTM? Or STM+? STM. DS is enjoying the terrible 2s 🙃

How are far along are you? 25 weeks

How are you feeling? Anxious with Covid, crazy rage from pregnancy hormones 😅, and tired. Sleep has gotten worse, hip pain when I lay on my side, and of course once I get in a comfortable position I've got to get up and pee. 🙃

How do you feel you and your body have adjusted to pregnancy? Has it been easy? Tough? Somewhere in the middle? This pregnancy I have been trying to get in a routine of walking to prepare my body for hopefully a VBAC.. last time I had awful morning sickness, lost 40 pounds during the pregnancy, fought hypertension throughout the pregnancy and ended up with preeclampsia. This time my blood pressure has been good! I've gained about 6 pounds so far, but I feel more self conscious about my body. I'd like to post in the bump pics but I still feel like it just looks like I'm overweight/pre pregnancy blob, no defined baby belly. :/ 

GTKY: What is your favorite movie theater snack? Popcorn with some buncha crunch (I think that's what they are called) tossed in, and a diet coke! 

Anything other curvy mama questions or concerns? At this point I'm just nervous about my glucose test coming up. Also hoping my blood pressure stays normal. I just want to make it to 40 weeks!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kerriec93 thanks girl. I didn’t have to do any of these extra things with my last pregnancy so that is part of what is throwing me off. Guess I ahould
    consider myself lucky since I am working from home and the 24 hr urine collection would be way worse if I were still going into the office. Crossing my fingers for you that you’re able to avoid GD and pre-E! Also, please please please feel free to share your bump picture regardless of how you feel! Even if you don’t feel comfortable sharing on the HDBD thread, you are welcome to share here. I’m willing to bet you look amazing and you’re just too much in your head about it. It honestly sounds like you’re doing amazing to me!! I’ve already put on like 25lbs and that’s kind of freaking me out a bit but at the same time, I’m like eff it.... they’re already putting me through all these extra tests anyways and I’m otherwise perfectly healthy so I’m not willing to stress myself out about weight gain. 🤷🏽‍♀️
  • Options

I think I missed last month, but I figured I’d get one up for this month! 

FTM? Or STM+? STM!

How are far along are you? 27 weeks, tomorrow.

How are you feeling? Overall I feel good, some lower back pain creeping up and I get tired quicker but after a very nauseous first tri I will take this!

How do you feel you and your body have adjusted to pregnancy? Has it been easy? Tough? Somewhere in the middle? I would say in the middle, I am 9 years OLDER:( so of course my body is much different but I am hanging in there!

GTKY: What is your favorite movie theater snack? Pretzels and cheese yummm!! Now I want this!

Anything other curvy mama questions or concerns? I've been watching my weight and have gained 10 lbs total as of my last appointment on 8/8 but lately I have been sooo hungry!!! I feel like I need to be constantly eating something...anyone else struggling with this? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @krystrist2014 I just had that conversation with DH last night in bed, I told him that the high risk doctor always ask about diabetes and my BP even though I've never had GD and my BP has been perfect so far. Dh says it is probably because of my weight!! I get it, I really do but please stop trying to create an issue or health problem that isn't there. I am sorry you're going through that!
  • Options
    @wychets +1 on the always hungry 😅 I've noticed I am not able to eat as much in one sitting, I dont know if baby is just pushing up or what but I just feel full quicker. But then 10-15 minutes later I feel like I hadnt even eaten anything 🙃 before pregnancy I was really bad about eating multiple meals and would only eat maybe 2 times a day, so I just try and tell myself I'm just keeping my metabolism in gear 😉 also trying to keep healthier snacks on hand for the constant munchies I've been getting. 

My birthday is tomorrow so my coworkers are making a treat for me. Not sure what it is but she asked if I liked reese's cups and now I cant stop thinking about them 😅
  • Options
    @krystrist2014 thank you! We are in the middle of renovating our bathroom and so our full length mirror is in storage. So the only glimpses I get of a baby belly is when I look down or catch my reflection in a door or something. 

I can understand extra testing to an extent to make sure there isnt something developing, but I hate being considered high risk solely because of weight. If the tests are all coming back fine, then leave me alone about how much I've put on lol
  • Options
    @kerriec93 happy Birthday! And I have the same issue, DH asks "you want to me take your plate?" at dinner and I'm like no thanks, I'll be hungry again 15 mins LOL
  • Options
    @wychets thank you! 😊 my MIL sent DH with some beef and noodles and mashed potatoes, so I've already had some earlier when I got home from work and now I'm ready for my actual dinner of it. 😅
  • Options
    @kerriec93 happy birthday!!! girl, that is definitely not the ideal view of your bump! Lol. When will your reno be done? Newly renovated bathrooms are seriously the best! 😍 and then you can take awesome bump pics in a beautiful new bathroom!
    I agree with you about a certain amount of testing being necessary. The screwy thing is that I was only sent for consult to the high risk ob because MH was born with a heart defect requiring surgical repair. But from that they evaluated me as a whole and basically came up with, “you’re overweight therefore we recommend this slew of testing.” Like I said, I feel like there’s nothing to do but go through with testing and try to prove them wrong. 

Agree @wychets! Also, I super appreciate being able to talk to you ladies about all of this and it has honestly made me feel better to get it off my chest. ❤️