Trying to Get Pregnant

7+ weeks since D&C and no period - worried about Ashermans

rsunnyrsunny member
edited August 2020 in Trying to Get Pregnant
I’ve been a case study for rarity. 35yo, first pregnancy, had MMC at 8 weeks (pregnancy stopped developing at 6.5wks). Used misoprostol which failed to pass the MC, had a d&c and then less than a week later went to ER due to bleeding and passed clots the size of my hand. Required second D&C, and then during post op recovery in the hospital I started bleeding and clotting again. They put me on medication that they give to some women after labor to stop bleeding. Bleeding reduced dramatically within a week and spotting lasted until 2 wks post op. At 2 weeks my hCG was 98. I was doing castor oil packs, taking red raspberry leaf tea/extract, Nettle leaf tea, and milk thistle tincture to cleanse my body and nourish my uterus and liver.

It’s now 7wks post D&C and still no period. I maaay have ovulated about 2ish weeks ago (based on CM). So I should have had my period by now. Tests are BFN.

I’m so worried that I have Ashermans syndrome (intra-uterine adhesions) that will lower fertility or render me infertile. I don’t want to go through more months or no period, 6 months of trying to get pregnant and failing, or another miscarriage.

I see my OBGYN on Monday (8wks post op) to start exploring what’s happening.

Has anyone else experienced these complications, long time without period, or Asherman’s syndrome and still ended up having a normal/healthy pregnancy and baby?

I’m totally freaked out and completely preoccupied.

Re: 7+ weeks since D&C and no period - worried about Ashermans

• Hello and welcome! I am so sorry for your loss and all you have been through.
    You may want to post your question on the TTC After Loss board or in the TTCAL thread here on TTGP.  
    I truly hope that your OBGYN can help calm your anxiety and find some answers as to what is going on. 
  • *lurking, but I had to respond since I had a very similar experience*

I had a mmc at 8 weeks back in Dec 2017, and had an MVA, which is similar to a D&C. I didn't got a period for 3 months after the initial bleeding post-procedure. It did take me 6 months to get pregnant after that, but I got pregnant again and had an extremely boring, healthy pregnancy, and gave birth to a healthy baby girl at 40 weeks. I am now pregnant again, with twins.  I think for some people it just takes a really long time for your body to regulate, especially after a missed miscarriage because pregnancy hormones can linger. I hope this gives you some reassurance, but of course talking to your doctor is best. Good luck, and I'm so sorry for your loss. 
    TTC History
    TTC #1 Sep 2017-Sep 2018 
    BFP 11/30/2017 | MMC 12/31/2017
    BFP 6/22/2018 | CP 6/27/2018
    BFP 10/5/2018 | EDD 6/14/2019
    Baby girl born 6/19/19

TTC #2 May 2020-November 2021
    BFP 7/18/2020 | MonoDi Twins | MMC 9/10/2020
    BFP 11/7/2020 | CP 11/9/2020
    RE Consult January 2021 | Dx "borderline DOR"/RPL
    IVF with PGT:
    Standard Antagonist:
    ER #1 3/27/2021 7R | 5M | 3F | 2B | 1 PGT-A Normal, 1 low-level mosaic
    ER #2 4/22/2021 10R | 7M | 3F | 2B | 0 normal, 2 aneuploid
    ER #3 5/19/2021 2R | 1M | 0F
    Estrogen Priming Antagonist:
    ER #4 7/10/2021 5R | 4M | 3F | 1B | 1 PGT-A Normal
    Duostim  (Standard Antagonist):
    ER #5 9/22/2021 13R | 11M | 8F | 5B | 2 PGT-A Normal, 1 low-level mosaic, 2 aneuploid
    ER #6 10/9/2021  9R | 6M | 4 F | 1B | 1 aneuploid
    FET #1  11/5/2021 | EDD 7/24/2022
    Baby boy born 7/19/22

TTC #3 since May 2023 (ntnp)
    IVF Started Fall 2023 (Standard Antagonist)
    ER #7 10/6/2023 | 9R | 6M | 5F | 3B | 2 aneuploid, 1 high-level mosaic
    ER #8 10/31/2023 | 5R | 4M | 3F | 1B | 1 PGT-A Normal
    FET #2 11/27/23 | CP (bHCG = 8)
    FET #3 planned Jan 2024

• Loading the player...
  • *lurking, but I had to respond since I had a very similar experience*

I had a mmc at 8 weeks back in Dec 2017, and had an MVA, which is similar to a D&C. I didn't got a period for 3 months after the initial bleeding post-procedure. It did take me 6 months to get pregnant after that, but I got pregnant again and had an extremely boring, healthy pregnancy, and gave birth to a healthy baby girl at 40 weeks. I am now pregnant again, with twins.  I think for some people it just takes a really long time for your body to regulate, especially after a missed miscarriage because pregnancy hormones can linger. I hope this gives you some reassurance, but of course talking to your doctor is best. Good luck, and I'm so sorry for your loss. 
    Thank you so much for your response! That makes me feel better. I long for a super boring pregnancy lol 💜