Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 8.17

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Previous pregnancy experiences may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for?

Month/Cycle?

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

Rant/Rave?

GTKY: What are some of your favorite family traditions?
TTC History- *TW* LC
Me: 24 Dh: 46
Married: 10.2018
DS #1: 06.2014
Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

Re: TFAS w/o 8.17

• ashaislurkingashaislurking member
    edited August 2020

What number are you trying for? 3 (and last)
    Month/Cycle? 7/6?
    WTO/TWW? Hopefully WTO (finally)
    Ages of other child(ren)? 6, 2
    Any thoughts about this cycle? Not yet
    Any questions? Nope
    Rant/Rave? I'm pretty sure AF is here but I'm still not going to jump into the dailies until I'm SURE it's actually here. If so I'm honestly thrilled. This cycle has gone on for too long. I'm going to be talking to my ObGyn about progesterone monitoring during my next TWW just to make sure nothing weird is going on and that this was just a fluke cycle. Fingers crossed!
    GTKY: What are some of your favorite family traditions? One of my favorite traditions that's been passed down is making Norwegian cookies with the kiddos during the holidays. Something that we make a point of doing every year at some point is taking the kids out to camp (and teaching them things like pitching the tent, building a fire, keeping a clean campsite, foraging, etc.). It's a great time.

TTC History- *TW* LC
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section

• gusgus14gusgus14 member
    edited August 2020
    @ashaislurking - fingers crossed! Also I love your traditions! My husband’s family used to camp every year and I’m sure it’s something we’ll do eventually but we haven’t yet.

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 9/10

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 2.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? Just ready for it to be over so I can start meds (contingent on Friday’s test results).

Any questions? Nope!

Rant/Rave? I’m over work. Literally every single department is annoying me this week and I’ve almost talked myself into taking a mental health day on Friday even though I’m insanely busy and really shouldn’t take any time off. I’m feeling super burnt out though so it might just be better for my own emotional/mental health at this point.

GTKY: What are some of your favorite family traditions? I don’t really have any sadly but I’m looking forward to having our own. The only thing we’ve started so far is opening Christmas pajamas and a seasonal book/movie on Christmas Eve.

edited because I left out an entire word without realizing it
  • Loading the player...
  • @ashaislurking glad AF is finally going to show her stubborn self!

@gusgus14 burnout is serious. Sometimes taking a day for yourself is important.

Month/Cycle? 4/3

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 5

Any thoughts about this cycle? Who knows?

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? DS insisted DH get the stroller down for him to push around today because he wanted to practice for his baby brother. We haven't told him anything about trying for a baby brother but he wants one. I'm worried people are going to think I'm pregnant when I'm not because he keeps asking when his baby brother will be here. It's very cute.

GTKY: What are some of your favorite family traditions? Cutting down or Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. We make a day of it finding the perfect tree, getting it home, and decorating.

~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• @gusgus definitely take time for yourself if you can and you feel like you need to. Burnout can be super damaging if you don't address it.
    @DoubleUp8 It's so sweet when the older kiddos get so excited about a sibling but it can be so hard at times when TTC. Pushing the stroller around sounds adorable! 
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• @ashaislurking omg AF. This has to be it!! Knock on wood. I definitely think it makes sense to get some things checked out to see what the F is going on (but hopefully just a weird fluke. 

@g@gusgus14 I think if you don’t feel refreshed after a good nights sleep tonight then you should definitely take the day on Friday!

@doubleup8 that is so adorable about YS but also terrifying that he may not keep it to himself haha. I am literally dreading when DD starts asking. I’m jealous that you cut down your own tree! MH has no interest in a real tree. 

Month/Cycle? Cycle 23

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 2.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? Pessimistic but hopeful as always haha 

Any questions? No

Rant/Rave/Brag: I’m so bad about posting here lately! I think the last time I posted was when DD had to start wearing a mask at daycare. It’s been fine honestly. My big concern is that she will be wearing it and be totally uncomfortable and not want to say since she knows she is “supposed” to. We practice saying “no thank you” if we need a break from wearing a mask so I hope that’s encouraging her to speak up when needed. Otherwise things are great. She had a blast on vacation. We swam in a bay that is basically like the ocean in that there is water as far as you can see each way, so I was thinking she would be scared but she wasn’t at all (of course then I become scared that she has no fear haha). She’s becoming such a big girl and it’s so so fun, but I’m ready for the baby stage again. 

GTKY: A ton I’m sure but since we just got back from vacation, this popped into my mind first. When we were growing up and went on a beach vacation, at night we would go to the boardwalk, play games, and then go for ice cream. My dad would say we were “playing the ice cream game” and that it was the best game because everyone wins at the ice cream game. Now when DH, DD and I go on vacation I also insist on playing the ice cream game every night. Luckily they are totally on board with this tradition haha. 

• What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 3/3

WTO/TWW? WTO, anticipated on Friday

Ages of other child(ren)? 15 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? Less and less hopeful every day. I really need my hormones to regulate and even out the FP vs LP ratio. 

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? My OPKs were darkening so nicely, then just plummeted. 😭 Also, DD was up for 2.5 hours in the MOTN last night from a night terror. That was awful.

GTKY: What are some of your favorite family traditions? We really don’t have any. I started a matching Christmas jammies eve day last year, but nothing that we loved from our families that we have continued.
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @bows22 I'm glad things are going well at daycare and that y'all had a great time on vacation!! The ice cream game sounds ENTIRELY too adorable
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• @chindimples04 My OPKs get steadily darker then get SUPER light (almost white) the day before I have a blazing positive. Your OPK getting lighter may not be a bad thing. I'm sorry your LO had a night terror :( I hope she does better tonight!
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• @chindimples04 my OPKs do the same as ashaislurking. Hope you get your positive today! Also your poor DD with that night terror! And poor you also! My DD used to get those too but thankfully seems to have gotten past that already. 
  • @chindimples04 I'm sorry about the night terrors. We went through a phase of those with DS around that age. 

@ashaislurking yeah, we haven't told him anything about a baby brother. He brings it up because our neighbor who he goes to school with has a little brother who will follow them around when they pay outside, so he asked if he would every have one. We've just been vague with maybe someday, but as a 4 and 5 year old he has taken this to mean yes your getting one 🙄. I just hope we are able to have one.

@bows22 my DH always had a fake tree. The year we were engaged, I stayed with him at our apartment for Thanksgiving. I forced him to cut down a real tree. The plan was we would alternate fake and real tree. DH realized that a real tree was more fun, and we've been cutting down or own tree ever since.
    ~~Signature~~
    **TW Living Child**

• Didn’t mean to post and ghost last night. DH was chomping at the bit for HIO time. 🙄

@ashaislurking I hope AF is here to stay! Also, my grandma used to make a bunch of Norwegian cookies at Christmas. She was still fluent in Norwegian, even after her stroke! I miss those cookies!
    @gusgus14 we are the same way with our traditions. None from our childhood that were super memorable that we wanted to keep forever, so we, too, are starting our own. 
    @DoubleUp8 maybe your 5 year old is predicting the near future? The day kids can sense that stuff. 🤷🏻‍♀️❤️
    @bows22 the ice cream game sounds perfect! I love that!

@ashaislurking @bows22 this is very outside my normal OPK pattern, but maybe that’s a good thing? Because my other OPKs were when my body was totally unbalanced? Right? #doubtfuloptimism 🤣
    TTC History

• @chindimples04 To be honest, I wouldn't be shocked that kids are more intuitive. Strange thing happened yesterday. I posted about DH's grandfather in TWW today, he is not doing well.) Completely unprompted by us, before we knew DH's grandfather was in the hospital, DS forced DH to stop the car in the daycare parking lot and go back inside to get a piece of art he had made for his great-grandpop. 4 hours later we find out DH's grandfather had been taken to the hospital around mid-day. 

~~Signature~~
    **TW Living Child**

• @DoubleUp8 kids are spooky that way! 
    TTC History

• What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 1/1, I guess

WTO/TWW?  WTO - but I'm not temping/charting this month.

Ages of other child(ren)? 4 years

Any thoughts about this cycle? Taking it easy, man....

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave?  I got to work slightly early today and just knocked out a bunch of work, so I'm feeling good!

GTKY: What are some of your favorite family traditions? We like to camp, too, @ashaislurking!  We've been a few times now, and have another trip planned next week.  This time, we've rented a pop-up camper, since it's still so hot in the South right now (A/C will be nice to have at night).  We also either eat Sushi or Chinese on Christmas day (DH's family has always done that, and when I was a medical resident I had to work a lot over the holidays, so it was often the only place open!)  

@chindimples04 :  Night terrors are so strange!  DD has had a few (back when she was 2) and it's so weird how they don't remember them at all!  

• @bows22 - I didn't notice before but it looks like our girls are about the same age! And now I want to play the ice cream game hahaha.
    @chindimples04 - I'm so sorry about the night terror! That sounds awful.
    @lcking82 - good call on the camper! Tent camping in the south in the summer can be miserable. 
  • @gusgus14:  we dream of becoming like "real" campers and getting a trailer - so renting one for a long weekend is a nice start.  Both DH and I just really like the idea of making it easy to "go" and get in the woods!  Right now, we have to haul our Rubbermaid boxes full of tent and such down from the attic.  It would be so awesome to have a little camper to keep all our camping stuff in, and just attach and go!

• @gusgus14 oh yes they are! DD is a little older than 2.5, but I don’t intend on changing it until she hits 3 haha. Her birthday is in November!
  • @bows22 - hahaha mine is a January baby and I'll probably say she's 2.5 until about November/December and then I'll switch to "almost 3"
  • *lurking* in with you @bows22 DS is almost 3 too, in November.  and he’ll be 2, until the last second! 😂