Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Testing and Treatment w/o 8.17

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): 

How are things going?: 

Any questions?:

GTKY: What are some good movies you have watched recently?

Re: IF Testing and Treatment w/o 8.17

• Loading the player...
  • @legallykate I don't know about the first cycle after ER being longer, but it makes sense. If that's the case, I'm probably in for an uber-long cycle. This last one was 41 days. Ugh. I have Cetrotide in my fridge, but they haven't told me to take it yet. Maybe after my blood work tomorrow they'll have me start. I also have Lupron, too.
    I'm glad you were able to take a break from work on Saturday! 

@misshelen86 I'm so excited for you and your DH with starting IVF! That's great that your manager was so supportive.
  • @legallykate I don’t know the answer to your question but I’m excited that your FET is just around the corner! Glad you have had a bit of a break from work this weekend too. 
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• @kiki047 Crossing fingers for you! I would feel both excited to get going but also frustrated! It's like our bodies are perfectly behaved when it doesn't matter but once it does, it decides to act weird.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @kiki047 uuuugggh. WTF to your body and hormones?? I hope your RE can work his magic and get you in for your FET sooner rather than later. Hugs to you.  <3
  • @inthewoods23 thank you! My RE was totally unfazed by it, which puts me more at ease. I told him to treat my hormones like a hostile negotiation - don't assume they'll do the 'right thing' and never, ever turn your back for a second in case they pull some funny business. :lol:  I'm so sorry your ILs are so triggering. I totally understand that. FX you have a little embie in there who wants to get nice and cozy and settle in for the long haul. <3 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @inthewoods23 so excited for your second consult this week! I'm sorry you're feeling down again. That happens to me frequently after time with my in-laws, too. I adore my MIL and FIL but there are other family members who definitely require a lot of mental and emotional stamina. One in particular causes me major anxiety and my body goes into panic mode around them. 

• @kiki047 Keeping everything crossed that your can get in for your FET and your scans are good! 

@inthewoods23 Hoping everything goes well with your consult! So frustrating about your IL’s. I don’t understand how they can just “forget” that you are GF/DF. I have a few of those people in my life as well that I really need to limit how often I see them. 
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• akorosakoros member
    edited August 2020
    Diagnosis (if you've been): AMA, RPL (1 trisomy, the other technically unexplained) -- side note, I hope it's ok that I'm here, since I don't know if "RPL" is really "IF" since it implies that I can get pregnant...that said, you all here have been immensely helpful as I go through testing to figure out what's going on. If it's inappropriate for me to be here let me know and I'll stop.

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): WFAF, first one after my most recent loss, so anxious for it to show up so I can figure out where my cycle is

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): Testing, have a follow-up on Friday with the MFM to go over the results. Based on my uneducated read of the lab reports they found heterozygous Factor V Leiden (not sure about Factor II or protein C, I thought that was on the order but haven't seen results come in), so I'm anticipating that the call will discuss the medications I'll need to take if I get pregnant again to avoid clotting issues.

How are things going?: Not bad, kind of anxious waiting for my period and the doctor's appointment, but in general doing ok. Finished my "testing" spreadsheet, so I have that all ready to go for Friday

Any questions?: None right now

GTKY: What are some good movies you have watched recently? Ford v. Ferrari was good (and I'm not a "car person"). We watched "Project Power" over the weekend on Netflix and it wasn't bad...predicable, but still fun. I also watched "The Kitchen," which was good for a little "female power". 

@emeraldduchess I haven't watched "Spotlight" yet (on my list), but a while ago did watch "The Keepers" on Netflix, which is a documentary about some former students trying to find a nun who went missing in Baltimore back in the '60s, which then gets into similar abuse issues. Definitely difficult to watch, but I thought it was good. Listening to the way the women talked about the power of the church in the Baltimore Polish community reminded me a lot of how my mother talks about her childhood (Ukrainian in Philadelphia), minus the horrible parts, which made it hit home a little. 

@legallykate Glad you were able to get some breaks! I remember having periods like that at work, it's exhausting. 

@kiki047 I'm sorry your body is being such a little punk. I hope you have good scans and can get some questions answered.

@inthewoods23 Good luck with your consult!

@runningoncookies It's so exhausting to talk over all that stuff, so hear you on taking a break. As much as we can we try to keep what's going on to ourselves
  • @kiki047 others freaking out is so helpful! Like ok, they have no concerns so I shouldn't either phew

@emeraldduchess ugh yes, so much mental and emotional labor. With SIL complaining about having to wear a mask at work and her BF talking about guns again I was so IRKED.

@runningoncookies welcome! I never bothered to talk to family about our IF. I don't like people poking for updates. It would just make me more anxious. I think AF came for me within 3 days of ending Provera (I only had 6 pills instead of 10). Hope AF doesn't butt in on your vacation

@misshelen86 I don't think MIL will remember unless I specifically state it to her. For my SIL's birthday dinner they tried finding a DF ice cream for me after I mentioned not having the cake. They couldn't find any at the store they were shopping so I brought my own store bought GF cookies for my dessert. I just went ahead and did the same this time 😒

@akoros I've never been in your shoes, but I believe RPL does fall in the IF category. Some of your stuff may be better asked in the loss thread though

@shoogapoff yes with natural transfers they'll monitor for when you ovulate then transfer the embryo 5 days later. I wonder if they can give you something to help build your lining?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 I THINK they are going to give me estrogen and PIO ahead of time, but I am honestly not sure. Protocols vary so much from person-to-person and clinic-to-clinic. It's kind of crazy!
  • So we had “the talk” with my IL’s last night and while I nearly had an anxious breakdown before we got there overall it went okay. They have promised to not ask us any questions and just be there for support on our own terms if/when we ask for it. They are really pushing us to tell DH’s siblings, which I think we will get to eventually (we’re all very close). We told them a handful of times that we need a break from talking about everything and they finally seemed to be (a little) receptive to that. 

@akoros GL on Friday! My RE told me I will have to be on blood thinners when I get pregnant (baby aspirin and lovenox) to avoid any clotting issues. I already take the baby aspirin since all my doctors say it won’t hurt. 

@shoogapoff keep trying to stay positive!!
  • @runningoncookies Glad the conversation went well! It can be really tricky, my parents are very different from in in-laws, particularly in how they've handled our struggles. My mom is the type to check in and talk about it (unless I say I don't want to), whereas my in-laws avoid it at all costs. I think the avoidance is more them trying to respect our privacy, but at times I'm not sure if it's actually that it upsets them and makes them uncomfortable. 
  • @akoros haha I had to have a follow up conversation with my mom yesterday where I explained to her that when I said “I don’t want you to check up on me” I actually meant it!

@legallykate yay for O!! 
  • @shoogapoff well, whatever they do, I hope it's all the right things for your little embryo!

@runningoncookies happy to hear your talk went well. I don't think I could ever have that serious of a conversation with my family. I think that comes from my past of feeling like they haven't supported me like they should have. You should be able to tell everyone on your own time.

@emeraldduchess I'm so surprised they wouldn't want to do an US to check follicle growth. What if they need to boost or drop your meds??

@legallykate the one time to hope for a short LP lol. I love when we get a little backwards here. Gotta love getting excited for AF.

@ramzlau good luck!
    Fut Domingo 8 May GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 Wow! What a turn around from 1% to 6%! Hoping that means good things for this cycle, and yay for YH for whatever he has been doing to make the change. 

@emeraldduchess Seriously why do our ovaries like to have a mind of their own. I hope tomorrow gives better results from the trailing ovary! 
  • @ramzlau the ovarian shenanigans are nothing new. I figure this isn't unusual in IVF land and I am already on an aggressive protocol, so my RE will figure it out. I just want to get to my retrieval already. 
  • @ramzlau I have never heard of back to back IUIs before, FX it went well today, sending you all the May hype vibes!!!

@inthewoods23 Lol right? IF treatments turn everything so topsy turvy that now I cannot wait for AF to show! That’s amazing that YH’s numbers improved that much. Hope your appointment goes great!

@emeraldduchess One of my ovaries responded way faster than the other too. Sounds like you are responding really well overall if your E2 is that high. Hope your ER is soon and very fruitful!

*TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• *lurking*

@ramzlau I hope everything went well with IUI today! FX so hard for you!

@emeraldduchess Aah, it's here already! FX for you on Sunday! <3

@legallykate yay O! Come on short LP!! I hope you get to FET soooon!

@shoogapoff I'm keeping everything crossed for your upcoming FET! The roller-coaster of emotions is always so hard! You're doing great though, we are all so strong. <3

@inthewoods23 sending out good vibes for your appointment today. Keep us updated! 
  • @inthewoods23 You’ve got this! 

@emeraldduchess Yay for a date for ER! I had to do Covid test and so did H for this cycle. He said it wasn’t bad, they started using smaller swabs so it wasn’t painful for him at all, for me it was enough to make my eyes water but nothing horrible. 10 seconds each nasal and then you are done! 

@legallykate Hope AF shows soon! 

@runningoncookies You are brave for having that convo. It isn’t easy, but hopefully it helps relieve some stress from questions. 
  • @inthewoods23 I'm sorry you didn't leave with a warm-fuzzy feeling, but it sounds like the new RE has a plan. It makes sense to do another set of baseline tests, I'd be interested to see what they say after you've been going GF/DF. I know the mental health talk can be hard to hear. I live with anxiety and depression as well and I do take medication for it. Feel free to PM me any time, I am happy to tell you a little more about my experience. <3
  • @emeraldduchess thanks, YGPM  :)
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @ramzlau hoping the IUIs went well...keeping my FX for you!!

@emeraldduchess yay for an ER date!! Hopefully the COVID test isn’t too bad...at least it’s for something exciting!

@inthewoods23 sorry that the meeting didn’t give you the feelings you had hoped for. It seems like it’s a lot to take in. Hopefully redoing the testing continues to give you more answers!

Welp, AF showed today! Which I am simultaneously annoyed and excited about. Excited because we can finally move on from this cycle, but bummed because it came at like the actual worst time. Because we are leaving early for vacation tomorrow and will be gone for the week, they can’t get me in for monitoring, so no Clomid/IUI for me this cycle. Ugh. I’m trying to talk some positivity into DH that we will just try naturally this cycle and keep our fingers crossed. For those who have had an-O cycles, do you normally ovulate around your “typical” time the next cycle? This is the first one I’ve ever tracked so I’m feeling a little clueless!
  • Random question for the IVF ladies. Do any of you wear contact lenses? Can I wear contacts during my ER because I won't be 100% under anesthesia? Or should I just wear my glasses? I'm worried about them getting lost at the hospital. My vision is terrible without them and I will absolutely be walking into walls on my way out if they get lost.  :D I should really look into getting that laser surgery.