February 2021 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 8/11

Re: Weekly Randoms 8/11

• Options
    I have this constant recurring dream. Anyone want to do some dream analysis with me?

The dream always starts in a different way but the main idea is that I get to a point where I need to leave and because I need to leave I need to gather or pack up all my stuff. And then the dream just turns into me rushing to find everything I have that I need to grab and it takes forever.  End.  🤣

I’ve been cooking recipes the past couple of weeks and really enjoying it! Food tastes better when I make an effort haha.
  • Options
    I'm super stressed out today. MH and I are both teachers. Our school is starting full in-person classes in 3 weeks. Our DD is therefore going back to preschool. We don't feel ready or happy about it, but we don't have any other option. We can't exactly quit our jobs to keep her home for another year. I might be able to do my classes online because of being pregnant, but MH and DD will still be "exposed" every day. Just feeling stressed.
    Rainbow Baby? {2.1.21}
    MC at 8 weeks {EDD 9.2.20}
    Rainbow Girl! {2.28.16}Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby boy, lost at 16 weeks {EDD 6.10.15}

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @adorebel I was just talking with a friend about how awful everyone is treating the teachers and staff in this situation. This has got to be the most stressful experience for all of you and I can’t imagine what you’re going through. I’m just so glad I have the opportunity to keep my kid home. I wish they gave you all that option too! It’s such a shitty situation. 
  • Options
    Thanks @birdiejo, it really is anxiety-inducing. Short of literally quitting my job, I feel like my family's safety is just... out of my hands rn. 
    Rainbow Baby? {2.1.21}
    MC at 8 weeks {EDD 9.2.20}
    Rainbow Girl! {2.28.16}Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby boy, lost at 16 weeks {EDD 6.10.15}

• Options
    @adorebel I 100% feel you. I posted about it in my weekly check in, but my district hasn’t even made a decision if we are doing hybrid or full in person and we start in 2 weeks (the board of education is voting tonight). My OB has no prob writing me a medical exemption to do digital only, but that leaves my caseload in someone else’s hands and I could be seeing any child whose parents opted them out of in person learning grades K-12. Or, I can be exposed to 24 classrooms of kids/their family’s germs every day with the in person teaching option. We have to let the district know by Friday what our choice is and I’m just so worried either way 😣
  • Options
    I am really glad I don’t have school aged kids right now. It just seems like there is no good answer to how education should happen right now. We will have to put DS back in daycare starting next month and I’m super worried because he picked up everything when he was there last year from from viral fevers to stomach bugs to hand foot mouth and everything in between. Normally I would think that is good for his immune system but I definitely don’t want him picking up Covid. 

I have no idea what to make for dinner but this afternoon has been a “hungry afternoon”.  No matter what I eat I’m still hungry. 
  • Options
    All of the crap choices for education right now suck. As a parent of a kindergartener and sister to a kindergarten teacher, I really have a lot of sympathy for teachers and schools right now. I don’t think there’s a good or right answer for anyone. We chose to homeschool after our options came out from the school and they were so poor. I just don’t think a 3 hour Zoom call 5 days a week plus 2-3 hours of additional distance learning which may or may not be more Zoom is feasible, especially with a two year old at home too. 😑

In other news, I am so glad to be on the farm with my parents for the next couple of months. 8 days driving with an almost four year old and a two year old and two dogs was a lot. 😆
  • Options
    animommyanimommy member
    edited August 2020
    @birdiejo i LOVE this post! saw it when I was wide awake in bed. Haha! Thanks really needed the laugh!

I used to teach preschool & drive bus and I can't imagine what you guys are going thru right now with the school system. It's so crazy to think this is still going on! I agree with @mdfarmchick and not sure there is a right answer but I worry about the teachers who still have to report into the building. I can't imagine what the parents are going thru right now either & often think what's the difference between this & home schooling? I don't have anything better to add but just wanted to applaud all of you who are having to go thru this parents and teachers alike. Hopefully after this strange time, we will all come out stronger and be able to exchange "remember when during covid" stories. Hang in there all and stay safe.
  • Options
    @birdiejo Very insightful. Agreed that I'm not sure how they expect especially the little ones to sit there engaged with a screen all day (so much for me saying no laptop in their early years! lol) and that's a valid point-give the option if they want to teach in person esp if it's not a high risk area. (No idea if that's a thing right now as I don't watch the news) but I hope it blows over soon and wish you the best of luck with this whole shebang! 
  • Options
    Currently sitting in the parking lot outside the lab for my glucose tolerance test. I already had my fasting drawn and drank the drink but I’ll be here for another 3 hours. It is supposed to get hot today so I’m not excited about sitting in the parking lot
  • Options
    @moguippy omg my ac went out while waiting in a hot parking lot the other day. 
  • Options
    @birdiejo the A/C in that car is wonky. The actual cooling unit works fine but the blower cuts in and out. Luckily there was a breeze and it didn’t start to get really hot until the end.