December 2020 Moms

WTF Wednesday 8/12

any WTF's?
TTC History:
Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
Due date was Nov 2020
DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
TTC: March 2021
IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

Re: WTF Wednesday 8/12

• edited August 2020
    This one is kind of silly but....

After all of the insanity of California sister's wedding several of us (Indiana family) received thank you notes today. It would be an amazing and welcome gesture... if they had not clearly been written by someone other than the bride or groom. 

I mean, seriously. WTF.

ETA: I'm not so much offended as vicariously mortified given that either
    A) my sister didn't know this was happening 
    B ) she didn't realize the dramatic faux pas of allowing it to happen

My family doesn't live strictly by Emily Post's Etiquette by any means, but something like this seems so tacky. (Especially given that B is the more likely scenario.)
    image     image
  • @mom_of_the_vogels Stoooop! Who wrote them??
  • Loading the player...
  • edited August 2020
    @laurenspdx I'm pretty sure it was the groom's Mom. Not in a "thank you on behalf of the couple" way but actually in the first person as if my sister wrote it.

Pretty sure my sister would not address a personalized note to our Mom by Mom's given name...
    image     image
  • @mom_of_the_vogels. Like what?  That makes no sense at all.  It would be a nice gesture if the MIL had written a note from herself for how nice the wedding was.  But pretending to be the couple is a no.  You have a while to write them I think (like a year).
  • @mom_of_the_vogels that’s so odd!  What would possess her MIL to do that?  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• @karmba I'm guessing the MIL offered to be helpful and sister accepted because she's so busy with dental school (and kind of lacks common etiquette understanding). That's purely speculation but it's the only version of events I can wrap my mind around.
    image     image
  • Omg! Is anyone going to tell her?
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • @babymakes9 probably not for now. It's the kind of thing that will likely come up as an embarrassing story a few years down the road. She's still in "new bride" mode so any criticism would probably put a cloud over the happy memories she's still firming up.
    image     image
  • @mom_of_the_vogels WAIT the MIL wrote thank you notes to your family. Stop. I cannot even fathom this. Someone HAS to say something. Like she needs to know it’s so rude. 
  • edited August 2020
    @shelmcclel as best we can guess my sister's new MIL wrote thank you notes, as if she were the bride, to at least my Mom and I. We absolutely know it wasn't the bride/my sister based on the handwriting and verbiage.

We don't know for sure if MIL did it of her own accord or with the knowledge or approval of the bride. My suspicion is it was with the knowledge of the bride.

Honestly, when we do question her it will be in a light-hearted, probably almost joking way to give her a chance to deflect with some grace. This particular sister is so far removed from standard social etiquette that she probably doesn't realize how insane this is. I mean she has table manners and can interact socially like a normal human, but she is far from Martha Stewart.
    image     image