Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 8.10

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Previous pregnancy experiences may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for?

Month/Cycle?

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

Rant/Rave?

GTKY: What GIF/meme best describes your parenting style?

TTC History- *TW* LC
Me: 24 Dh: 46
Married: 10.2018
DS #1: 06.2014
Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

Re: TFAS w/o 8.10

• ashaislurkingashaislurking member
    edited August 2020

What number are you trying for? 3

Month/Cycle? 7/waiting for 6

WTO/TWW? WFAF

Ages of other child(ren)? 6, 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? *rips my hair out* it's fine... I'm fine... day 6/10 on round 2 of Provera

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? I'M DONE WITH GRAD SCHOOL FOR THE NEXT THREE WEEKS!!! I'm so excited to finally have a break!! Now if my cycle would just cooperate so I can enjoy the time off!

TTC History- *TW* LC
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section

• gingermama29gingermama29 member
    edited August 2020
    @ashaislurking yay for a nice break from grad school!!! I can't believe your cycle still won't end! Ughhhh. 

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 14/9

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 2.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? Officially off the bench and I'm ready to go!!

Any questions? is anyone on any type of anxiety meds while TTC?

Rant/Rave/Brag: Sorry, I've been terrible about keeping up with this thread lately. I called daycare to re-enroll DD after the announcement that schools were resuming in person came out. I'm still waiting to hear back from them to confirm she has a spot. I'm so anxious about sending her back. I think she'll adjust just fine; she talks about her friends there all the time, but I'm nervous about going from relatively no potential for exposure to a ton once school starts up again.

This is a hard question. But I make up songs and change lyrics all the time so this feels pretty accurate:

• Loading the player...
  • @gingermama29 Hopefully the school year transition isn't too bad for y'all. I know it's scary going back in person. We just enrolled ODS in remote learning for at least the first 9 weeks. He'll be with me full-time instead of going back and forth to his dad's like he normally does. I think the school year starting is weighing on a lot of us in different ways. Sending you all the love! I'm glad you're off the bench!!
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• @ashaislurking yayyy for being done for three weeks! ENJOY that break! You deserve it!
    @gingermama29 I am not on meds right now but I was when TTC DD. I don’t remember what I was on but I know it wasn’t pregnancy safe, which I was pissed about. I specifically told my doctor we were going to be trying and she assured me they were safe. Go to my 8 week appointment and told I needed to stop them immediately as they can cause heart defects. She was already predisposed to having heart problems as I’ve had quite a few, including surgery, and her paternal grandpa has had a pacemaker since 40 years old. 🤬🤬🤬 

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 3/3

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 15 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? I’m ready! MAY HYPE! DD was supposed to be a May baby! 

Any questions? Nope!

Rant/Rave? 6 out of the last 9 nights, DD has STTN! I’m here for it! She also stopped nursing at nap time. That I’m sad about. 😭 Shes growing up too fast!

This is definitely me. I have only left DD for daycare reasons. I have never been away from her longer than 9 hours, and never overnight. 

TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Hi all, mind if I join you here? I was active on TB in 2017/2018 with DS, and then popped back on the IF boards in April as we’re trying for #2. 

Month/Cycle? 5/5 (2 AL)

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 22 months 

Any thoughts about this cycle? We have an official diagnosis of “unexplained” so while I intellectually know that it probably won’t work trying on our own, my heart remains eternally hopeful. 

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? Rave - Potty training is going great! It’s nice to not be washing diapers every other day - I guess I’ll enjoy the break while I have it! Rant - still don’t know what we’re doing for childcare and school (teacher) starts on the 24th. I think I’m on creative option #10 now? Here’s hoping this one works... 

DS is working on his 2 year molars, so this is how it feels right now

• @ashaislurking Yay for 3 week vacation! Enjoy the break and the time to reset before fall semester. 

@gingermama29 Yay off the bench! I hope your transition back to daycare goes well. DS was so excited to be back with other kids. 

@chindimples04 Yay for STTN!!!!

@halfanewt welcome! I'm glad potty training is going well. Our schools are still figuring it out too. We are doing hybrid, but I don't know DS's teacher or what cohort he's in. 

Month/Cycle? 4/3

WTO/TWW? TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)? 5

Any thoughts about this cycle? Not hopeful, glad I am no longer dealing with weird bleeding. I guess there's always a chance. DH got some back news about his grandfather's health, so good TTC news would be nice.

Any questions? not today!

Rant/Rave? 

Quarentine parenting was somewhere between this

FreelanceFriday 8 Sanity-Saving Tips for Work-at-Home Parents

or this

Coronavirus moment of levity part II Homeschooling memes and

~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• I can't believe it's already 1pm and I'm just now getting to check in! Work is never not insane these days.

Month/Cycle? 9/10

WTO/TWW? WTO - should be later this week

Ages of other child(ren)? 2.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? Not optimistic. I've pretty much convinced myself it won't happen without assistance with my crappy ovulation and a short LP but it is what it is. Talking to my doctor next week so hopefully I'll get my CD21 labs done after that and go from there. 

Any questions? Nada.

Rant/Rave? I am so freaking tired and unmotivated today which is not good since I need to send out 70+ emails about contract renewals. I just want to go home and sleeeeeeeeeeeep.

GTKY: What GIF/meme best describes your parenting style? She pretty much does whatever she wants right now.

@ashaislurking - enjoy your break!!

@gingermama29 - I hope the transition back to daycare goes smoothly! 

@chindimples04 - yay for STTN!

@halfanewt - I'm jealous of your potty training! Mine has zero interest. She will occasionally have a success but has no desire to go regularly. I'm trying not to make it a thing but I'm so tired of buying diapers and we go through a gazillion since daycare changes hourly regardless of whether she needs it.

@doubleup08 - That second gif was definitely me when we were keeping DD home  :D

• @chindimples04 I'm so happy YD is STTN! That's a huge milestone! I'm also still (barely) hanging on for May hype if AF ever shows! I really hope this board has a HUGE surge of grads soon!!
    @halfanewt Welcome to the TFAS thread! Hooray for potty training! I'm so glad to hear it's going well for you! I hope you find a good solution for childcare when the school year starts!
    @DoubleUp8 I'm glad you're not dealing with the weird bleeding anymore. I really hope you get good TTC news soon!
    @gusgus14 Hopefully you can get some answers soon about your cycle and best steps moving forward with TTC because of your LP. Sending love!

We've gotten details on a lot of stuff hammered out over the last couple of weeks and I finalized some plans yesterday. My ODS went to his dad's on Sunday and he's there for the next two weeks. I get him back on the 23rd and he starts remote learning on the 24th. I'll have him full time until we know what COVID is looking like in our schools here (his dad is a teacher and my YDS has a compromised immune system- it's not safe for us to have ODS going back and forth so we're doing what we can to make it work). We're also spending a week with my dad and his girlfriend (who start their self-iso next week in prep for our visit) at the end of the month while I have virtual residency. They're going to help with childcare while I'm in meetings for school. It's a crazy time to try to figure all of this out but we're getting there. I also got registered for a virtual conference here in October, I take my second of three substance abuse counseling courses here in September and I take the third in November. Crazy crazy times.
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• @ashaislurking you sound so busy! Holy moly! Hope you get some downtime in there somewhere. 

@gusgus14 they change hourly? That is a lot of diapers! We did cloth diapers, which I think helped speed it up. Night training at the same time, so I am still washing a lot of pjs, lol
  • gusgus14gusgus14 member
    edited August 2020
    @halfanewt - yep, every hour unless they're napping! Which 95% of the time, she is not  :D

ETA: to clarify: 95% of the time during nap time, she is not napping!
  • @halfanewt Busy is my normal. I'm on break for -my- schooling until the 31st (unless I decide to take some CEs in there somewhere). I still have just over a week until I have to worry about ODS's school work too which is nice. I usually don't get long breaks between semesters (we get 6-8 weeks of break total every year, including holiday break during the winter term).
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• What number are you trying for? #4 (and final)

Month/Cycle? 2/2

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? I have identical twin girls who are 8, and my little boy is almost 18 months old

Any thoughts about this cycle?  I think our timing was good, my BBT chart looks promising, so I am hopeful.  TTC is exhausting.

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? I am over this week.  Work is crazy and I just need some sleep and a break.

Me:

My kids:

@ashaislurking enjoy your break from grad school!

@gingermama29 it’s such a hard decision on what to do this fall!  I cannot wait until this dies down. 

@chindimples04 my girls were May babies (supposed to be June, but they came early since they were twins) and it is a fabulous month for a birthday!  I am preferable to July but I have missed it every time. 

@halfanewt glad PT is going well!  It’s a whole new world without diapers!  

@doubleup8 I’ll keep my fingers crossed that you get some good TTC news soon. 

@gusgus14 I can definitely relate to your gif!

• @BuckeyeNut05 I've been staying out of the dailies for the most part while I let my cycle figure itself out. Can I get a C/S? I have my fingers crossed for you!!

Y'all I'm so bad at taking breaks. Today I did a TON of continuing education work. Why am I so horrible at putting school down for three weeks? WHY?!?! My fall semester is going to be horrendously busy. I need to SERIOUSLY take the next 2.5 weeks to chill.

ALSO any other midwest peeps in here? How did y'all fare the storm that rolled through earlier this week?
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• @ashaislurking I’m in Wisconsin. We got hardly anything here, one small severe storm
    Monday morning for an hour. DH has to deliver to a bunch of Iowa Kwik Stars, though, because a bunch of them lost power and lost all their freezer and fridge inventory. So he definitely saw the affects. What about you?
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @ashaislurking MW here!  I’m in OH, and prior to here lived in IL for 7 years. We did not see the storm like you did.

I am still learning some of the acronyms - are you asking to see my chart?  Pretty sure O was on day 17, not 16.  Thanks for the finger crossed!  

TW

If I time it right, I don’t struggle to get KU. I struggle with making it to that first appointment at 8 weeks without having a m/c.  Here was my last chart from May: 

End TW

• @chindimples04 I'm on the far western side of Iowa so we were at the very start of the storm. It was bad here but we didn't see damage (aside from the crops). My dad is in central Iowa and is now staying at a hotel in eastern Iowa because they're still without power where he's at. JUST east of us where all the crop lands start is where the storm picked up a lot of its momentum.

@BuckeyeNut05 Your chart looks very promising. I hope you get a sticky take home baby soon!
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• @BuckeyeNut05 That is a nice looking chart! Fingers crossed for a sticky baby.  <3

~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014