Trying to Get Pregnant

UO Thursday 8.13

Let's hear those unpopular opinions!

Re: UO Thursday 8.13

• Flared jeans should just not exist. Do they still make them??
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 you can pry my flare and bootcut jeans out of my cold dead hands
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• Loading the player...
  • I hate Fall. It is the Sunday scaries of seasons knowing winter and DST darkness comes next. 
  • Doughnuts are overrated. (With the exception of a good old-fashioned, I'm not really a doughnut person).

@BuckeyeNut05
    Personally Attacked GIFs  Tenor
  • Hahaha @DoubleUp8 and @bbrahmbhatt it is definitely an unpopular opinion but I hate it (with Halloween as an exception - THAT I love).  I LIVE for summer. ☀️ And donuts, especially if they are Oreo donuts. 🍩 

I am also in the skinny jeans camp. 
  • @ashaislurking you can have 'em 😆 I'll stick with my skinnies and straight leg jeans

@BuckeyeNut05 I like fall, but it also has those yucky days of being 40 degrees and rainy and that just feels miserable. I hate the decline in daylight too!

@bbrahmbhatt I would much rather have a coffee cake or some other kind of breakfast pastry (like cinnamon rolls! Mmmm) per a doughnut
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 totally agree!! I pretty much only wear skinny jeans haha

@BuckeyeNut05 also squarely in the “I hate fall” camp. I’ve been teaching myself to like it in recent years by going to lots of fun fall events, but since those will all be cancelled this year I’m right back to not wanting summer to ever end. 

@bbrahmbhatt I love donuts!!! But you reminded me of my UO which is...

Cake is my least favorite dessert. There are just so many better ways to combine flour, sugar, and eggs. Cupcakes are acceptable though. 
  • @runningoncookies I would say it depends on the cake.Like those ones you get at the grocery store, why waste the calories?
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• Is it an UO that I just don't like pants? If I could live in booty shorts for the rest of my life I would. 
    I also HATE summer and LOATHE winter. 
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• @ashaislurking I'd love to just not wear shoes! It's why I love summer. But I love fall/winter for the cute boots! I just can't stand wearing sneakers.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • I have another jeans related UO - I think low rise jeans are just the absolute worst. Finally one day I was sick and tired of my underwear riding up and being visible and bought some higher waisted shorts and pants and OMG so comfortable! I used to think jeans sitting across the belly button was dorky but not anymore!

I've been tempted all summer to get a pair of high waist swimsuit bottoms because I always feel like my crack is showing but I'm just so afraid the cut is going to end up being weird on me and it's not like you can use the fitting rooms these days.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 funny enough i think most people agree they hate low rise jeans.  i on the other hand, prefer them to high waisted.  maybe thats an UO

but i came here to say my UO is i HATE being barefoot. inside, outside, anywhere i must have socks or shoes on
  • edited August 2020
    Team Skinny Jeans over here! But I do own a pair of bootcuts. I hate low-rise jeans!
    I like donuts, but not the cookie-cutter ones you find at Dunkin Donuts. If I am going to indulge in a donut, give me a mom and pop donut shop one!
    I agree that pumpkin spice isn't the quintessential fall flavor. Show maple and apple cider some damn respect! In a similar vein, pumpkin seasons begins October 1. Let apples/apple cider have September!
    Pie is better than cake. 

My UO: Lobsters are scary as hell. Most sea life is scary as hell, except for dolphins, whales, turtles, and manatees. Sharks are ok too. The rest of that spooky stuff can stay away from me.
  • I love Skinny jeans and that’s all I wear too. I used to hate them and would never wear them until my friend got me hooked on them lol. 
    I hate pumpkin spice anything yuck! 
    Summer is the BOMB! Definitely my favourite season. I hate winter! 

@emeraldduchess What do you find scary about lobsters? I think sharks are scarier lol No thank you! 
  • @mindyb2019 Ditto to everything you said! Twinning! 

@emeraldduchess I don’t understand the lobster=scary thing, unless it’s something like this? *TW: Lobster gif*

• @keikilove omg that gif!  😂  Those are some of my all-time favorite movies!
  • @BuckeyeNut05 Same! They were such over-the-top ridiculous movies, but so hilarious to me as a kid! I should watch some of them now and see if the humor still rings true LOL
  • @asf0613 noooooo shoes and socks are the worst!!! I would be barefoot forever if it were realistic. I don't know how ANYONE sleeps with socks on!
  • I agree that pumpkin is not the be all end all of fall flavors, and that pumpkin season shouldn't commence until October. I'm torn about the cake vs pie thing though. I'm also team no pants; I'd rather wear dresses all year round if possible. 
  • @gingermama29 if its super hot out ill take my socks off to sleep, but i could count on one hand how many times a year that is.  and only at home. 
    like do you sleep barefoot in a hotel??!  I seriously CANNOT
  • @keikilove I can't really explain. Maybe because they look like giant bugs and you have to boil them alive? Fish freak me out, too. The aquarium field trip a few years ago was super fun.  :D We spent a lot of time with the seals and the penguins.
    Forgot about seals/walruses/seal lions/otters. Those are cute and they can stay!

• chindimples04chindimples04 member
    edited August 2020
    @asf0613 I own a lot of shoes for someone who hates wearing socks/shoes. 🤣🙈

edited for spelling error
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @chindimples04 It's like you are in my mind. My sentiments about fall and pumpkin spice completely!

~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014