Breastfeeding

Relactation?

Hello! These boards were so helpful to me during my three year IVF journey that I'm back for more advice <3 Looking to hear from any of you ladies that may have had some success with relactation...

TW**** I have EBF my daughter since she was born in January. I got my period over July 4th and I felt like my supply was decreasing and I stopped responding well to the pump. At the time I just figured maybe this was time to stop so I weaned (three weeks ago a little after she was 6 months). It’s been those three weeks and I really regret it and am having a hard time. I don't know why it just hit me like a ton of bricks and I'd do anything to go back to BFing. I’ve also gotten another period earlier this month. Since Monday I’ve been pumping every two hours (every three hours at night) and eating lactation cookies and Goats Rue. I have talked to a LC so I do have support there - I'm actually seeing her Friday to rent a hospital grade pump. I’m getting drops right now each time, but that’s something? I guess I just want to be realistic but I’m super emotional. Is there anything else I can be doing? Also going to talk to my LC about possibly using a SNS. My LO will latch to comfort nurse which I found out this morning so hoping that might help my supply better than pumping,

TIA!

Re: Relactation?

• Hello! These boards were so helpful to me during my three year IVF journey that I'm back for more advice <3 Looking to hear from any of you ladies that may have had some success with relactation...

TW**** I have EBF my daughter since she was born in January. I got my period over July 4th and I felt like my supply was decreasing and I stopped responding well to the pump. At the time I just figured maybe this was time to stop so I weaned (three weeks ago a little after she was 6 months). It’s been those three weeks and I really regret it and am having a hard time. I don't know why it just hit me like a ton of bricks and I'd do anything to go back to BFing. I’ve also gotten another period earlier this month. Since Monday I’ve been pumping every two hours (every three hours at night) and eating lactation cookies and Goats Rue. I have talked to a LC so I do have support there - I'm actually seeing her Friday to rent a hospital grade pump. I’m getting drops right now each time, but that’s something? I guess I just want to be realistic but I’m super emotional. Is there anything else I can be doing? Also going to talk to my LC about possibly using a SNS. My LO will latch to comfort nurse which I found out this morning so hoping that might help my supply better than pumping,

TIA!
    Weaning does come with a new surge of hormones as your body adjusts. Working with an LC is a good idea. A local La Leche League would be another great source of support and information.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::