February 2021 Moms

Baby movement!

andylandy511andylandy511 member
edited July 2020 in February 2021 Moms
Tell us when you feel your first flutters! This is my second pregnancy and I started feeling “bubbles” around 11 weeks. I’m 12.6 today and SO felt baby from the outside for the first time this morning!! Unbelievable! He felt first kick with our 1st child at 14 weeks, but I had an anterior placenta last time, so it was harder to feel movement. So excited for everyone to start feeling the babies bopping around!

Re: Baby movement!

• Hello!!! Anybody out there? 😂
  • Haha I got nothing so far. 3rd kid 12 weeks 3 days. 
  • Loading the player...
  • ^^^Same.  Still waiting.....
  • First child, 12 weeks 1 day.....thought i might have felt something earlier this week but pretty sure it was just a muscle twitching. Saw her move a lot of ultrasound today though!
  • i keep thinking i feel something but then i get gassy so i'm like OPE. lol 17 weeks with my first. 
    i'm 14 and some amount of days right now. 
  • I thought I did awhile ago and I had my 14 week check on Tuesday and the dr asked if I felt movement and I said I thought I had but wasn’t sure because I didn’t feel my first until 16 weeks. She said it more than likely was since I know what I’m feeling for this time.
  • Nothing for me yet, I did get to see that little baby boppin around on the ultrasound Thursday, so fun to see! 
  • Nothing yet. My OB said as a FTM it might be 20w before I notice anything so not to stress if I don’t.
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• I'm 15w, STM, and I've been feeling it very inconsistently for a little over a week now. Some days it's like a mouse doing a somersault and then other days I'm convinced I must have imagined it, because I can't feel anything, and then I get anxious. AHHHHHH.
    Rainbow Baby? {2.1.21}
    MC at 8 weeks {EDD 9.2.20}
    Rainbow Girl! {2.28.16}Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby boy, lost at 16 weeks {EDD 6.10.15}

• 14+2, STM, and I never knew early on the first time if it was gas or movement. Given my current pregnancy symptom of constant constipation, I’m chalking everything up to gas bubbles till I see movement at my anatomy scan at 18 wks and can correlate what I’m feeling with the visual. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • mdfarmchickmdfarmchick member
    edited August 2020
    15+2, TTM and I’ve been having movement most nights when I “lean” on my bump. I’m a stomach sleeper so I cocoon my belly so it kind of feels like I’m still sleeping on it. 😂 I had an anterior placenta with my first two so it’s fun to have a posterior one this time. 

Edit: 15+2 because I can’t remember what week it is apparently. 
  • I’m so jealous! @mdfarmchick
  • @birdiejo I didn’t feel my second until 17 weeks and everyone else who was a STM was all “I can feel baby at 13 weeks” 😂🙄 I definitely don’t want to brag after that experience for four long weeks. Placenta placement is a big factor. Have you tried laying more on your bump? I can only really feel it then still because they are pretty small. 
  • I haven’t even been feeling gas I’m so bummed. I can’t remember when I felt my second but I remember I was so excited that it was so much earlier than my 1st. I’ve been waiting for it this time but I haven’t even gotten a false alarm yet! I had more phantom baby movements while not pregnant! 
  • I'm 15 weeks now but started feeling tiny little movements at about 13 weeks. This past week I've been feeling it consistently at night lying in bed a bit more so might have a night owl on our hands! 
  • I’ll be 13 weeks on Tuesday and have been feeling flutters on and off for the past week. If these babies are anything like my other three they will be active!
  • @adorebel I might have felt baby earlier but I completely agree the books had me psyched out thinking it was just gas. Last night I felt what I knew was baby without a doubt for the first time move! Super excited! 
  • @adorebel @scottijo2012 I don’t remember when I felt my first but I keep psyching myself out this time telling myself it’s gas. It’s super inconsistent so I don’t want to freak out if I don’t feel it for a day or two. So I just tell myself I don’t have gas that day 
  • I thought maybe I felt a flutter Saturday night, but as a FTM I really don't know what to expect =/
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• I thought I was feeling something a few times last week, but I've been really gassy so I chalked it up to that. But earlier today, I was pretty sure it was baby <3 
  • I had an anterior placenta with both girls so never felt anything until later. This time I don't think it's the case! I was bored and staring at my belly last week and I totally saw it twitch from a baby kick!!! I'll feel movement occasionally but nothing consistent yet (17 weeks)
  • I am REALLY hoping that what I felt this morning in bed was movement. Otherwise I was imagining one of those weird vibrating beds you stick a quarter in. 
  • Still feeling nothing at 15 weeks....FTM and my 12 week US showed an anterior placenta, so I'm not expecting anything any time soon. I'm looking forward to feeling something as I'm hoping it will make things feel a bit more real. As of now I just feel miserably pregnant.....I don't really feel like I'm going to have a baby next year, lol.
  • @manditchka24 I had an anterior placenta with my first and didn't feel much until 20 weeks. Lots of really big baby kicks during loud movies though (star wars, Jurassic Park)
  • I think I may have felt something this morning! I hope it was realllll !!!
  • @birdiejo nice! I keep lying still in the mornings to see if I can feel anything, but nothing yet. I wonder if I have an anterior placenta. That's what I had with DS and it kept me from feeling movement until around 20 weeks (and even then, I never felt strong movements all through pregnancy).
  • I've only really felt baby strangely enough while riding in the car. I never feel baby when I'm lying down, but when my husband is driving and he is talking baby has been kicking every once an a while. It always surprises me!
  • Has anyone felt like a painless contraction type thing? This is my 2nd so I'm not sure if I felt this before with my first and just didn't know that it felt contraction-like or if this could be a problem. I started feeling it probably yesterday and thought it may be part of the baby moving. But now I'm realizing it reminds me of a contraction and am kind of starting to worry. 
  • I had those when my bladder was very full & I was dehydrated. Both of those can cause that. I also think Braxton-Hicks begin in 2nd trimester. I would call your doc. How are you feeling now?
  • tuesdaydaytuesdayday member
    edited September 2020
    I have noticed them with my bladder full but I've been paying attention and also had them otherwise. I'll call my doctor tomorrow just to be safe. I didnt know Braxton-Hicks could start so early! I'm still feeling them but luckily they're still painless. No change really. 
  • @tuesdayday I have them all the time. Like your stomach is tightening? It happened while I was at the OB and she said it was normal stretching and growing of the uterus. I had them throughout my first pregnancy too. I think it’s normal, let me know if your doctor says something different though 😳. 
  • I’m 17.6 weeks now and this baby wakes me up at 4 am every night to host a rave for her. My first daughter did this from 2am-6am, so at least this one is giving me 2 extra hours of sleep. I would say the movements are stronger now but I feel them less frequently. I was resting a tumbler on my stomach the other day and she knocked it right off. Probably brewing another firecracker daughter 😂😂😂