February 2021 Moms

Weekly Randoms 8/5

Late to the party but what random thoughts are going through your mind this week? 

Re: Weekly Randoms 8/5

• Thinking of taking the kids to Starbucks drive thru (an old pastime before covid) but I don’t know what I want to get as a pregnant lady. I generally drink a few sips of coffee in the morning but would like to get something fun. I wonder if they make the salted cold foam cold brew in a decaf? 
  • @birdiejo I love Sbucks. I used to do drivethru a lot when I lived in Atlanta, but we don’t have one in my part of Alaska. 😭
    I love the strawberry acai refresher (without added berries). It’s got caffeine, but low amounts. When we visit Anchorage this weekend (which does have a drive-thru!), that’s what I’m getting! :)

• Loading the player...
  • @birdiejo I am not a coffee drinker but I love anything cider and Starbucks has a Carmel apple spice year round and I just treated myself to that yesterday after my appointment!

@cmoon3 yay to the bleeding being resolved!
  • @cmoon3 yay for no more bleeding! I’m in the same boat 32 weeks and on going in twice a week for NST. It’s actually quite relaxing. I think it’ll be the only quiet I get the next few months 😂 
  • @wildmaglet 🎉 glad you like the new office!

@cmoon3 yay for resolved bleeding!!!
  • @WildMagelet
    That has to be a huge relief. I'm glad you like the new MFM practice.
  • I went to bed at 8:45 last night. Now it’s 3:30 am and I’m wide awake thinking about ethical clothing after hearing about forced labor in China yesterday on NPR. What a fun party it is right now here in my head. 🤦‍♀️ Pregnancy sleep is so frustrating.
  • @WildMagelet that’s great to hear! 
    @cmoon3 hooray for hopefully no more bleeding! 

@hannahbananas11 I have been having the strangest pregnancy dreams with “have to pee” wake ups peppered throughout. The joy of pregnancy! 

School starts on Wednesday for my Kindergartener and we chose the virtual option. Still have no idea who her teacher will be, if were receiving a tablet for her, or how to access the software.... cool cool. 
  • @birdiejo I saw your post and thought "how could school be starting! It's not even August!!".....and then I realized it is. Not sure how we got here so quick. I can't imagine what parents of school aged kids are dealing with right now. It sounds really tough. I'm sure you will get through it! Good luck!
  • lena1024 said:
    @cmoon3 yay for no more bleeding! I’m in the same boat 32 weeks and on going in twice a week for NST. It’s actually quite relaxing. I think it’ll be the only quiet I get the next few months 😂 
    One of my weekly visits will be to MFM for an ultrasound, the other is to my regular OB for a NST.  I was really surprised to hear I'd be going to so often, but I won't complain about a weekly ultrasound. It's going to be awesome! 
    And with your great point about quiet time, and the suggestions on the book thread, I'm all ready for the weekly NSTs!
  • I just turned 35 Tuesday. That alone is blowing my mind. I've been to Starbucks maybe a handful of times. 
     I haven't had an appointment yet and the waiting is driving me crazy. The new doc didn't have any openings til Aug 14th, and I called in June when I first took my test. So I am down to one week til we finally get to see/hear baby. We haven't told anyone but our kids and then a really good family friend figured it out. We haven't even told my mom yet. The last two times we told them within 1-2 weeks of finding out. So knowing for 2 months and not telling anyone is killing me. We are waiting so we could tell my mom and his dad in person but trying to see anyone in person has proved difficult. My mom is coming over tonight so we finally may spill. I've been thinking of fun ways to announce to my derby team and then to friends and family on facebook. So many fun ways to announce!
     I'm definitely worried how the school year will play out. I have a feeling that we'll be back to homeschooling by Oct. Wishful thinking but honestly, if adults can't follow instructions, how can we expect young children to follow and keep following for an entire school year. We'll see.. 
  • @hannahbananas11 you are the quilter right? I am on the last step of my first quilt. It’s a disaster but my daughter is super into it so she can have my awkward placemat. 

This was a super beginner tutorial but I also don’t know how to use my sewing machine so it was like a double learning experience. 🤪
  • That’s great @moguippy

What was the pregnancy spotlight for this week? I want to talk about bras. My boobs have expanded and my comfy aerie bras are now too tight. Yay for big boobs, boo for tight bras. 
  • @birdiejo I’ve given up all my normal bras for comfy stretchy nursing bras. I’m want to get some actual cup ones ar some point, but figure it’s a waste until my boobs stop growing.
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• made my H go to the store to get a cereal I was craving (despite the fact that we had other cereal at home) and they didn’t have it. He got something similar but it isn’t the same. First world problems over here I know 
  • @moguippy - Sometimes you want what you want. Today I was craving french toast and grilled cheese, so both of those things happened. I haven’t eaten that much bread in months, lol.
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• This weekend we spent a lot of time at my ILs house. They have a small dog and often there are small.... “poop bombs” in the grass. After I found a third one my FIL says “wow you have a really good eye”. I didn’t have the heart to tell him my pregnancy nose can smell it and then I look around for it so I don’t step in it.  Then tonight I was talking to H and he was like “you could probably go head to head with like a drug sniffing dog”.... umm thanks?