December 2020 Moms

8.2 - 8.8 Weekly Randoms

How is it already August?! 
DS born 2016

Re: 8.2 - 8.8 Weekly Randoms

• Sorry if this was talked about elsewhere or this is the wrong thread, but after just hearing about the Nub Theory, I'm looking back on my 12 week ultrasound! Anyone out there into this and have a guess? Lol We find out in a week but I'm just too anxious to find out! :)
  • @elmich3 I’ve never heard of the theory 
    DS born 2016
  • Loading the player...
  • Anyone else feel like time is going super slow? With DS the last few weeks went quick but I think being home is making the second trimester go soooooo much slower!
    DS born 2016
  • @jbal918 yes! Time is going by SO SLOW. I think it’s for sure being stuck at home not having things to look forward to. Hoping for the future of post-Covid life is making time go slow too. 
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Time fees like it’s moving at a weird pace for me. I found out the other day that my immediate bosses at work have no idea when I’ll be called back 😣 I was joking with DH about how they’ll end up calling me while I’m on the way to the hospital to give birth 🤣

I’ve spent the evening doing some housework and determined that I need a standing dustpan because of my existing back issues being exacerbated by the pregnancy. Apparently neither Walmart nor Target carry them, so I ordered one off Amazon 🤷🏼‍♀️ 
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • So my MIL has been taking a break from her normal role as diva-grandma, which has been great! Also my husband finally  acknowledged it and told me I need to just shut her down, but also said he’d talk to her. I assume he did since she’s backed off, But she was back at it today. We got a spot in a daycare we like for next April (a Goddard campus) but it’s not close to our house. They are opening another campus close to us, and we’ll be able to easily transfer when a spot opens up 🎉 I’m calling this a win. We told my MIL this via text and sent her photos from the AS today, and her response was to first question us about why we want to send our daughter to daycare, and asked when we plan to start, and then she said “I know you would only have her in a REALLY good place, so I am glad.” 

I then just said “Well that’s good.” Like wtf? Is something inherently wrong with choosing daycare? And she responds saying, “I wish I was a really young grandmother who didn’t have to worry about health, so I could keep her until preschool.”

Some details about this - my MIL is 70, and healthy, but she lives 90 minutes away from us, so for that reason alone I’m confused about why she thinks she would ever be the one to watch her, but ALSO we literally have never had a single conversation about her watching out child, but apparently she thought she’d be the babysitter for 3-4 years??!? the comment about age and health was definitely a guilt trip, and not that she actually acknowledges that she’s not the best to care for her.

DH said to respond by telling her we both want daycare, and that she’ll still get to spend plenty of time with her, but omg. This is, I’m sure, just the beginning of the guilt trips and comments about our choices. 
  • @elmich3 that Nub theory seems interesting. From what I Just saw looking it up, it’s hard to tell from your ultrasound. Do you think baby is M or F? 
    maybe boy ? but I really have no idea. 
     Have you done the “Chinese gender predictor” that’s in Bump app?  I did it after I had already gotten my NIPT result and it was correct but it does have a 50% chance of being right.  . It Would be fun to know your theory about Nub and what Chinese predictor says and then what the AS tells you next week. 

@j@jbal918 for me time seems to be going fast.  Lots of not doing much, and also time just goes by and I don’t get any of my important summer projects done and it’s almost time to go back to school.   Weird fast/slow time 

@shelmcclel
    sorry the MIL is bugging you!  Seems crazy that she expected you to ask her to be the baby sitter living that far away. Also it’s a big ask of someone if she hadn’t offered it already. And she said she’s too old and lives too far so she wouldn’t do it anyway ‘but Why didn’t you ask anyway ‘and get a different weird guilt trip)
    do you have other children? Is it her first grandchild? 
    Daycare is the right choice I’d you're already feeling this way. can you imagine all the guilt trips and comments about your choices If she was the one with her full time for work days? 

ALSo. It will be good to have your kid in daycare for socialization and learning.

I think maybe her distance and age is making her feel left out in some way. Like she really wants to be able to have a really strong roll in  your child’s life. Perhaps there is something special that you know she is good at they you can ask her to help with so she feels that she has an important grandma roll?

• @autumn87654321 yea agree on all! She definitely feels left out, but also has had a bad habit of making this baby all about her and weve has to tell her to back off quite a bit. We’ve been encouraging her to consider moving closer to us because she and my FIL moved a few years ago to her area for its seclusion, and then my FIL passed away last year, so she has no one. DH sends her condos / homes that he finds all the time, but she doesn’t make any attempt to look at them. My SIL also lives near us, and MIL has tried to float giving either of us money toward bigger houses so she could live with either of us. I politely, but firmly, said that’s not happening with us (mostly for my own sanity)! I think my SIL is considering it, but she’s single and 40 and DH is like if she agrees to it that would be the end of her dating life. 

This will be her first grandchild and she’s really looking forward to it, but she just has expectations that do not align with the way we live our lives. Even if she were closer, she would not be our choice for childcare.

@jbal918 I go through waves of time dragging and time moving quickly! Right now time is dragging again but the past two weeks felt like they flew by. I’m trying to fill my time with activities/projects around the house which seems to help, but I’m running out of options!
  • @the_road_to_oz. Yay!  Glad to hear you got some good news.  

My husband just found out about the umbilical cord stump (the technical term I found on the internet) left behind after birth.  He was like WHAT...no one told me about that?  He is freaking out! 
  • @the_road_to_oz I’m so glad for the good news!

@dobiemom11 that’s hilarious! He can do what DH did for DD- he accidentally yanked off her cord stump at 2 days old. 😅 He did it when we were in the hospital and felt soooo bad. I think he got his watch stuck on it or something. Who knows 🤷🏼‍♀️ She has a beautiful belly button anyhow, and we didn’t have to wait for it to fall off! 
  • @dobiemom11 I didn’t really know about them either! DD’s fell off early too and kept leaking fluids so the Pedi had to put more of that stuff to seal it off. (Wasn’t painful) It’s a fine looking belly button now!
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• @the_road_to_oz that’s great news! 

so speaking of cord stumps, we have some really good friends who had their first baby last year, and they were being so careful with it. about a week after it fell off, there were some dark marks leftover on his belly button. When they went to the pediatrician for a check up they asked about and the Dr took out an alcohol wipe, cleaned it off and goes “it was just dirt.” I think they’d been trying to be so careful they just didn’t wipe that area down with a wash cloth 😂
  • @shelmcclel hahaha that sounds about right...

Speaking of dirt...I had a really dark linea nigra last pregnancy and it never went away after birth. Like a few months later it was still just ask dark..and mine ran all the way up to my ribs. So one day after a shower I was drying off and started rubbing the line hard with my towel, and it started to rub off! Not sure what/how/why but it was like the old skin cells had stuck onto me and had to be exfoliated off. Something to keep in mind for the future! 🤪
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN

• Is anyone else suffering with pelvic girdle pain? I had it with my last son and it's starting already at 20 weeks. It hurts on the right side of my pelvis down my thigh, making it nearly impossible to walk at times. Anybody know of anything that helps? Going to talk with my doctor next week but just curious
  • @elmich3 🙋‍♀️ I’m having intense lower back of my pelvic pain...both sides depending on how I’ve been sitting or how I rotate when standing. Never had it last pregnancy! 
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN

• Have any of you seen the Hulu show Pen15. It’s hilarious.  I think I love it because it’s about 7th grade girls In the late 90s so I can relate, also it’s hilarious and awkward. 

Are there any other hilarious shows I should watch?  I’ve been trying to steer away from depressing shows lately 
  • @autumn87654321 I have not but that sounds good!
    We’ve been watching Schitt’s Creek! Very light hearted And funny 
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN

• @bearmomma1 I had a similar experience where I scrubbed really well and my linea negra went away! It also wasn't super obvious until after birth so it showed up and disappeared in the course of a month or two. 
  • @elmich3 - I had pelvic girdle pain with DD, and it's already started  :s  I'm trying to avoid the activities that trigger it (especially crouching), but that's easier said than done.  The only thing I've found that works is resting with my feet up - but again, easier said than done!  I hope your doctor has some good ideas and that you feel better soon.
  • @autumn87654321 that show is super funny!  DH didn’t get the humor but I loved it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• @autumn87654321 If you like baking shows, Nailed It is hilarious. The first few episodes are them finding their stride, but once they find it, it’s amazing. The premise of the show is people who are terrible at baking trying (and usually failing) to make professional treats.
  • laurenspdxlaurenspdx member
    edited August 2020
    @dreamscapes_ I love Nailed It! Admittedly, Nicole Byer overwhelmed me a bit at first but now I absolutely ADORE her (she’s hilarious in her podcasts too). I like how the show manages to have fun with people but it never feels mean - it’s like everyone is in on the joke and having the best time.
  • @elmich3 I had no idea there was a name for it! I just googled an image! That’s what I have!! I tried explaining it to my doctor but he just looked at me like wtf are you trying to say lol
    DS born 2016
  • @laurenspdx that’s what I love about it! Plus, just seeing how bad the bakes end up is hilarious. 

I forgot to mention, but I’m definitely having the pelvic girdle pain. I have existing arthritis in my hips (no cartilage in my left hip and only about 30% of what I should have in my right). I asked the doctor about it at my 20 week appointment and he said that it’s normal to have pain, especially given the arthritis I already have. 
  • shelmcclelshelmcclel member
    edited August 2020
    @dreamscapes_ @jbal918 @luckypenny11 I think I was having pelvic girdle pain last weekend. Mine was at the joint where my leg connects to my hip. It was the right side one day then the left side the next. I was doing a lot of bending, crouching and walking up and down stairs the week before. Elevating my legs at night was the only thing that helped relieve it. It has not come back and at the recommendation of our doula, I’m now seeing a chiropractor every 2 weeks (and also learned my posture is horrible and i have the start of a dowager’s hump - as if I’m not already self-conscious enough lol). He recommended using an exercise ball and doing some hip circles/exercises on it 10-15 mins a day. And for my hump he said I’ve got to start sitting with better posture.
  • @dreamscapes_ I love nailed it! I always want to be on it. I filled out a whole application but then realized I needed a video and then didn’t get around to making one.    
    Maybe when this dang pandemic is over I’ll actually apply 
  • @shelmcclel o don’t have this pelvic pain but I have bad posture and it hasn’t been diagnosed but I’m pretty sure I have a little Dowangers  hump too (I blame the weight of these dang melon boobs I inherited from my grandma and the teenage self consciousness  that went along with them )   I had much better posture when I was working out a lot and jogging but I’ve since fallen out of that habit.  

I just got an exercise ball . Are there specific exercises they have recommended for posture or simply sitting on it helps force better posture? 
  • @autumn87654321 I would apply, but I know there’s no way I’d ever get on it. I’m too good at baking 🤣 I have teased DH about it, though! The man could burn water 😳
  • @autumn87654321 so for the hump, he said post-pregnancy if I can lose some weight and time my upper body, that will help.   I also need to sit with my shoulders back (I have a tendency to roll them forward and sit almost hunched - my boobs have also tripled in size basically so I’m sure that’s not helping matters) and focus on keeping my back straight (easier said than done). And I also have a tendency to lean my neck and head forward when I’m working on a computer Bc I’m nearsighted so just to focus more on not doing that. My muscles have now all kind of settled in that position so if I can work them to getting straighter again it can go away. 

The hip and ball exercises are more for the pelvic pain and to help prepare for labor. He basically said to sit on it and do hip circles in both directions, to stretch to the right and left and hold it for 10-20 seconds at a time, and to do forward and backward movements (almost like a thrust). 
  • @shelmcclel sometimes sitting up straight just hurts my back. I almost bought one of those little things you stick to your back that vibrates to remind you to sit up but they’re $100 and that seemed silly.   Maybe worth it though? 

I think I’ll go to the doctors to see about my back and maybe start to build a case for an insurance covered breast reduction when I’m done breastfeeding.