Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Newbie Intros w/o 8.3

Welcome, new members! Please read The Ultimate TTGP Guide pinned at the top of the board (https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12685680/the-ultimate-ttgp-guide-newbies-read-this-first). It's full of information about TTGP and about our community here on The Bump. Please introduce yourself and share as much (or as little) as you would like. Once you're ready, feel free to jump into any of our daily/weekly threads to participate in the community!

Ages (you and SO): 

How many months have you been TTC?: 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.):

Re: Newbie Intros w/o 8.3

• Options
    Welcome @mamasnek! I hope your stay is short! 🤞🏼
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    negfnegf member
    edited August 2020
    hi! I’m new. TTC 1 month so when I say new I mean new haha. Got a very passive welcome yesterday but hoping to feel more welcome today :) 
  • Options
    @negf hello! Tell us more about you and your family! Be sure to check out the newbie threads to start learning acronyms and lurk around to get a feel for how the board operates.
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    Ages (you and SO): I’m 30, he’s 29

How many months have you been TTC?: this is our first real month!! :) 

What are you doing to get knocked up ?: Tracking CM, temping, going to try OPKs for the first time! Ive been tracking my cycle off BC for a couple years so I have a decent idea of ovulation time but we have a kind of low key sex life (long hours, shift work, etc So we don’t do it as much as we would like) so timing might be tricky but we’ll see!

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.): no kids yet, we have a dog and a cat! I work in veterinary medicine and He works in construction :) we are in the process of house shopping as well so that’s been keeping us pretty busy - it’s actually way more stressful than I thought it would be but the right house will come along! 

I’m excited to be here with you guys and can’t wait to learn from everyone and experience this journey ! 

A & J

me: 23, SO: 26

together since september.18.2009

loving our lives with all our furbabies : dogs, cats, horsies, fishies, snakey :)

TTC #1 since december 2012

image image

• Options
    @negf Hi and welcome here 👋 Feel free to jump into any of the daily threads. All the ladies here are wonderful and so supportive! 
  • Options
    Hi! 

Im 28 and SO is 39 

TTC for 2 cycles 

Have just been tracking my chart, Started the OPK last cycle

We are a blended family and have 3 boys 8,7,6 so it’s obviously WWE in our house. We have 2 dogs and a cat. My husband has been getting testosterone shots for 6 months and we just found out it has a high chance of stopping spent production. We now have gotten off of those shots and will be trying HCG shots for him instead but we are hopeful we can still get pregnant! 

Looking forward to getting to know you ladies

• Options
    @ktinarose I'm also gearing up for a career change to teaching! I'm getting my second masters along with my credentials but I'm dragging it out as long as I can. I know it's the right move for my family, but it's hard to step away from the zoo world. What are you planning to teach? 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Options
    @ktinarose Hello and welcome 👋 and Happy Birthday 🥳 Hope you have a very Special day! I hope your stay here is short. This community of women is sooo amazing and will be able to answer any questions you may have along the way with TTC. I’ve never been a bartender before but I think it would be fun and I would love that too as I love making drinks for parties etc. 
  • Options
    ktinarosektinarose member
    edited August 2020
    @Amphibious22 I'm working on a master's in education and a multiple subject credential for k-8, but my favorite age group is 1-3 grade. It's been a long road for me too. Changing careers seemed scary at first but I believe it's the right move. I've always loved working with kids and it genuinely makes me happy. What are you hoping to teach? And you work in a zoo? That sounds like a dream career already! Lol
  • Options
    ktinarosektinarose member
    edited August 2020
    @mindyb2019 thank you! Im glad to have found a place for support while TTC. Getting the BFN has been more stressful than I'd imagined. It's helpful to know there's a community of women facing the same thing.

I love bartending! It is a lot of fun. I also think it'll be interesting to get Prego while bartending. I taste a lot of the drinks I make, especially when it's an intricate recipe .. so that's going to be a big change.

Thank you again for the welcome!
  • Options
    @ktinarose I'm doing single subject general science with the goal to teach middle school science. And being a zookeeper is wonderful and definitely dreamy most days, but it doesn't give a lot in terms of work life balance and that's been hard in recent years. It's going to be a tough career to say goodbye to when that time comes. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Options
    @Amphibious22 I wish you the best of luck on your journey TTC and with your career change! I think science teachers are always the coolest teachers ☺️