Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Friday 8/7

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: TWW Friday 8/7

• Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 24/7

Timing: -5, -1, O

Typical LP length: unsure

Testing: constantly  :D

R/R: rant: I applied for a dissertation grant on March 23 and I STILL have not heard back about it.  It's a reputable organization so I think they will tell me one way or another.  I've reached out twice at this point and they are just super slow to respond and keep pushing back the date they say they'll let me know.  There is a new round of applications for the fall which is annoying since they haven't even gotten through the spring ones yet.  I could work on a new application if I knew I didn't get the spring one.  I also need to apply for a conference if I got it, and the application is due in a week.  I guess I'll just apply for the conference either way.  I know it's a long shot to get it so I'm trying to just assume I didn't, but come on people.

CS/Q: none

I have a general board etiquette question.  Since there are daily threads for WTT and TWW, is it bad form to "revive" the one from yesterday to respond?  Would it be preferable to just post in the new one with responses to yesterday?  I don't always get a chance to check in at night.  The boards I've participated in previously have had weekly threads so I'm not used to the daily ones.  Thanks and sorry if I'm messing up!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kadeephd I hope you hear soon (and good luck). That's frustrating that they keep pushing back when they'll get back to you and that it impacts multiple other things you may/may not have to do. I asked your same question a month or so ago and basically, either way works. I kinda feel like if it's a one off response, keeping it over there is easier, but if it might spark more convo, moving over here is 🤷 no one's going to give you a hard time either way. Does testing constantly mean you're already testing?

Month/Cycle: 3/2

CD/DPO: 26/8

Timing: e'ry day

Typical LP length: last month 18-19

Testing: Monday is 11dpo so not before then but might try to wait longer so I don't have to sit on a BFN for a week+ before AF with the long LPs. It's seriously depressing having to wait that long for a fresh start.

R/R: two short calls and a few emails to send today but trying to do very little work, run, read?, Yoga, get outside, walk to coffee, etc. today and get an early jump on the weekend. I'm burnt out from this INSANE week and just need to relax. Also, I ordered frozen meat and seafood (all pasture raised or wild caught) and it gets here today and I'm SO excited, but need to organize the freezer to make room. Oh and I need to remember to take my Proov strips when I get out of bed.

CS/Q: the flat temps are weird and my RHR graph was so pretty/logical last month and very weird this month so not sure that data is at all helpful. I hate how articles you read and FF tell you to wait until the day of your missed period to test. My LP is so long that's at 20dpo. That's just silly and a full week before that says some other ppl should test based on the same logic.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Loading the player...

• Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD/DPO: 30/6

Timing: -4, -2, -1

Typical LP length: 13 days 

Testing: Going to try my best to wait until missed period, lets see how that goes 

R/R: Praise the Lord it is FRIDAY. Fridays are usually not great for me at work, but just gotta push through and it'll be the weekend! I was weirdly super whiny last night and feeling lots of emotional lability, which I usually do get a little with PMS. But I'm only 6dpo so I hope this doesn't last another week! On the bright side I got a new book to read and am excited to dive in after work. 

@kvh22 I totally agree it sounds silly to wait until 20dpo! Maybe start at 13 or 14dpo instead? I would be super excited about the pasture raised meat and wild caught seafood too, yum!!

@kadeephd I hope you get your grant!! It's super annoying they're not telling you sooner, though. Re: your question - I think either is probably fine, but I'll defer to those who have been around longer than I have :) 

• kadeephdkadeephd member
    edited August 2020
    @priyadoc TGIF!  What book did you get?

@kvh22 waiting 20 days seems SO long to me.  Hope you enjoy your early start on the weekend.  I've been taking it pretty slow on work lately so every day is kinda like a weekend day in some ways.  It's been nice.

Thanks for the responses on how to reply late!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kvh22 and yes constantly means I am testing, but I'm using one expired strip per day until at least CD 10.  I wouldn't trust those tests anyway when it counts so using them now kinda scratches the itch without wasting a good strip.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kadeephd hmm I have some expired cheapies. Does it mitigate the disappointment? I still feel like I'd put a lot of pressure on 11dpo and I want to avoid feeling hopeless that early with the long LP

• @kadeephd that's so frustrating that you're waiting so long to find out.  I hope you get it , and get to find out soon!
    With testing early, does it affect your mood since it is negative, or do you find taking the test to actually calm you? 

@kvh22 I hope you get to get out and enjoy the day soon! The meat and seafood sounds delicious! I am pretty excited to go to Trader Joes today; being excited about grocery shopping...that is how you know you're a 30-something lol.

@priyadoc yay for new books!  I LOVE reading, but haven't been very good about it for the last month or so. What are you reading now? I hope you don't feel like that for a week either, maybe it was just a weird one-off day. 

Month/Cycle: 13/11

CD/DPO: CD19, 2DPO

Timing: -5, -3, -1, O

Typical LP length: 12 days

Testing: planning to test 12DPO

R/R: ITS FRIYAY! I am so ready for the weekend. I felt pretty crappy yesterday, headache, nausea and fatigue (good thing I was only 1 DPO or I would have been like "Oh maybe...!". But I'm feeling better today after going to bed at 730 and getting a ton of sleep and I'm ready to rock this weekend!

CS/Q: Nope

• @bbrahmbhatt So far I find it calming -- like if I could know I would.  It's not negatively affecting my mood because I am expecting it to be negative though. It might start feeling worse in a couple of days.  If that happens I'll reevaluate and maybe take a testing break.    Hooray for good sleep and feeling better!  What do you have planned for the weekend?

@kvh22 yeah I think I'd be a lot sadder if it was negative on 11 dpo than I am right now.  So I might have to stop if it's getting me down.

Pregnancy Ticker

• @kadeephd @bbrahmbhatt It's called "This is your brain on food", written by Dr. Naidoo who is a nutritional psychiatrist. Not sure if I've mentioned it on TB before or not, but I'm also a psychiatrist and am very interested in the relationship between diet and brain/mental health, so I've had it preordered for a while :) 

@bbrahmbhatt I'm glad you're feeling better today!! Totally know what you mean by "reading into" those symptoms, I definitely do it too!
  • @priyadoc oh that's cool! I'm a pathologist; I love meeting females in medicine! The book sounds pretty interesting, let us know if it is any good!

@kadeephd yes, I know what you mean. Even though it is logical that I would get a BFN 8DPO, it still affects my mood, so I've learned the later I can hold off the better for my sanity and emotional well being. 
  • Month/Cycle: 2

CD/DPO: CD17 / 0 DPO (it should have been today)

Timing: -3, -1

Typical LP length: 12-13 days? 

Testing: I have a hard time controlling myself I’ll probably start testing around 8 DPO

R/R: This week has lasted approximately 87 days.  I am on the “FriYAY” train.  I hope the weekend feels just as long!

CS/Q: nope!

• @BuckeyeNut05 I feel your R/R to my core 🥂