Upcoming appointments:
How are you feeling?:
Rants/Raves:
Questions:
GTKY: What is your favorite candy?

Re: Weekly Check-In 8/3

• How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 13+2
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a lemon/jalapeño/matchbox car/clownfish
    Upcoming appointments: 8/12
    How are you feeling?: meh. Some days are better than others. Still nausea and fatigue, but the headaches are intense and plentiful. 
    Rants/Raves: rant: nothing helps the headaches and they make me so tired/lethargic/grumpy. Rave: I had a fantastic turkey and cheese wrap for lunch the other day bc it was the only thing available. Rant: now I really want another one but I’m not supposed to have them. 
    Questions: does anyone have any remedies for pregnancy headaches?  
    GTKY: What is your favorite candy? Right now, preggie pops with B6 😂. But normally anything chocolate. Reese’s are probably my favorite. 
  • How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 12+4

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a kit kat 

Upcoming appointments: This Thursday! 

How are you feeling?:  I've started to feel a bit better in the days. I had a really hard time sleeping last night though, which I don't think will make for a great day today. 

Rants/Raves: We had some friends over yesterday to watch the Avalanche game (so happy to have hockey back!) and we got to share the news with them. It was so fun! 

Questions: I have my 12 week appointment this week and will have blood taken for NIPT. Anything you guys would suggest I make sure I cover with my doctor at this appointment? 

GTKY: What is your favorite candy? Anything with chocolate and peanut butter!
  • Loading the player...
  • szwill86szwill86 member
    edited August 2020
    How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 12+6

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Scoop of ice cream. Not the size of my scoops, obviously! 🍨 

Upcoming appointments: Tomorrow for my 13 week check up, then not again until 18 wks for my anatomy scan. 

How are you feeling?: better than before. Not as all day long nauseous, just more so at night if I haven’t had a lot of water all day/haven’t eaten in a while. 

Rants/Raves: I’m hoping after my appointment tomorrow, I can stop the progesterone suppositories! They are for a lack of a better description...messy. All day. Also, my NIPT results came back and everything is low risk! 🙌🏻 I don’t know if the sex was reported or not in MyChart or on the Natera site, so I’m going to be extra and open both on my phone tomorrow at my appt and have my OB check 😆

Questions: Anyone else get super bloated by the end of the day??

GTKY: What is your favorite candy? Chocolate is a tie between Twix and 3 Musketeers. Non chocolate is gummy bears or peach rings. I’ve always had a sweet tooth, so I’ll rarely turn down any sweet!

Edited bc I always short myself one day on my “how far along are you”
  • How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 12+1 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a plum

Upcoming appointments: end of August is my next one, I just got a voicemail from my midwife that my NIPT and carrier screening both came back "normal" so that's good. I have to call back if I want to find out the gender...I was team green with my first and was never even tempted to cheat and find out early but for some reason I am really tempted to call back and find out this time... <3

How are you feeling?: marginally better, but I'll take it. Still having some bad days but overall improved.

Rants/Raves: on the candy note, I got a giant jar of peanut M&Ms from Costco the other day and I'm super pleased with that decision

GTKY: What is your favorite candy? Almond Joys....which is a divisive choice, I am aware :D runner-ups would be kitkats, reeses cups or peanut M&Ms
  • @moguippy despite the massive quantity of water I drink all day, I have found lately that I am getting headaches from feeling dehydrated. I drink a liquid IV mixed with a giant ice water and that usually does it for me.
  • @babymamadino

first of all , now I want a dumpling

I just got my Blanqui order . I got the half off athletic leggings which are pretty comfortable but I bought the regular leggings and they are sweet. They are super comfortable and they go up to your boobs basically , so full coverage. I can see myself wearing them well beyond pregnancy into post-partum for the support til my body hopefully shrinks back eventually. It can take a little bit though! I think I’m going to get another pair of the leggings and possibly try a pair of jeans. 
  • Currently 14+2
    Next appointment 8/25
    TTM

Ok NOW I think nausea is gone 😂 I've started taking more walks so that's good too

Rants/Raves: my 4 year old keeps waking up at 4:30 😭 fortunately my husband has been getting up and letting me sleep longer though! 

I think current favorite candy chocolate
  • @hannahbananas11 yassss to candy corn! My fave is the autumn mix with the pumpkins in the fall!
  • @szwill86 YES. I also eat them in three bites: one bite for each color. Candy corn is magical.
  • @hannahbananas11 I was way less detailed with my second pregnancy. Very excited about having a baby, but zero brain space for the many weeks I was. I would also get excited about normal things (like having a beer after a professional exam I took) but then remembering oh yeah I'm pregnant, can't do that. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 
  • @babyturtle22 honestly? I feel like something could go wrong until the baby is in my arms and healthy. Because things can go wrong at every stage. But I think the best way to deal with it is to realize that reality, and also to realize that at this stage, the chances are good that if things have been going well so far, they’ll continue to go well. And if things go south, you’ll cross that bridge when you get there.
    Pregnancy is hard because you have to rely so heavily on your body’s ability to just do its thing without your active input. You can’t intervene in many ways, like you can once the baby is earth-side. But your body got you this far, so it has a pretty good idea of what to do. :)
  • @babyturtle22
    I'm in the same boat. We still haven't told anyone yet.  Once we have the genetic testing results, we'll probably start letting everyone know.  I think we'll tell in the next few weeks.
  • @hannahbananas11 1. Yes to candy corn!  2. I am absolutely less excited/connected to this pregnancy. And I feel guilty about it. Part of it definitely has to do with having to wrangle DS, part of it is PGAL brain that I didn’t have last time, part of it is that it’s not the “first time” anymore, plus the pandemic is very isolating. I’ve been in a real funk lately. 

@babyturtle22 I had the same anxiety with DS and it’s even worse this time. Last night we told some family friends (not my idea) and the only thing I could think is, “if something goes wrong, this is 2 more people we will have to explain it to” instead of being happy and excited. Personally, we waited until after the NIPT test came back since they say a lot of MCs are from chromosomal abnormalities. Plus I was 12 weeks and starting to show and experiencing a lot of symptoms. We will wait to make it actually public until after my appt at 14.5 weeks bc I want to hear the heartbeat one more time before we publicly announce. 
  • @babyturtle22 I feel the same. My close family knows but I’ve had no urge to tell any extended family or friends. I think , like @cmoon3 , after the results come back next week I’ll let those close people to us know. At that point if something did happen I know I would be okay telling those people. I don’t think I’m planning to announce anything on social media I think that’s where it gets tougher. 
  • @hannahbananas11 definitely less excitement this time around for a lot of the same reasons @moguippy said (Toddler running around, PGAL brain this time, and the isolation of the pandemic is debilitating). I do feel really guilty about that and I'm hoping once the sickness of the first tri passes then I can be a little more excited/present for this baby. I'm also considering finding out the sex this time (last time we were team green) just to help us bond a bit more? 
  • @KLS123 I think finding out the sex can really help with bonding. Especially because then you can decide on a name, and start calling baby that name. I think I’ve come to terms with the fact that this pregnancy will be not as joyful as with DS, but that once the baby arrives, I’ll be equally over the moon. I hope this pandemic doesn’t mess up the birth too much though. I’d really like to have a doula again, but right now the hospital only allows one birth partner. Maybe I’ll train H to be a doula. 😂
  • @adorebel hahahahah my H hates candy corn and always makes fun of me. I only eat it when it’s “seasonal”. One year I didn’t get any before it left stores and I was sad. I prefer anything chocolate over candy corn but I need at least need a bag a year. 
  • @babyturtle22 if your close family and friends start spreading the word that you are pregnant, then they can deliver the disappointing news if something happens to go wrong so don't feel like you would need to be the one to reach out. Also, at this point the odds strongly point to everything being fine. That anxiousness of something happening to your baby never truly goes away, but it changes over time from miscarriage to safe sleep to not running in parking lots... Welcome to motherhood, sorry that part is a bit of a bummer
  • @hannahbananas11 - I also eat candy corn in 3 bites by color  :D

@babyturtle22 - Honestly it's something I still deal with everyday. I was bound and determined to wait until after the NIPT to tell even our immediate family, but once that was no longer an option (since it came back No-Result) I had to talk myself down off of the ledge and just let it go. I'm still nervous, but I pay close attention to my body everyday and I trust in the team of healthcare professionals that I have on my side. I have the same symptoms I've had the entire time, minimal occasional cramping, no spotting, baby has a steady heartbeat, and my bump is visibly growing. Now I'm just waiting for SD to get back from her army leadership exercise so we can finish telling close friends and family, before telling the co-workers and whatnot. I'll likely be apprehensive and waiting for the other shoe to drop at any moment until I get to hold him/her in my arms, but for the moment I'm just trying to focus on staying busy, staying healthy, and enjoying pregnancy.
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Sorry I dropped off the face of the planet!  Work got super busy and i also forgot my password. ugh.

How far along are you? (Weeks + Days):
    13 weeks!
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: lemon!
    Upcoming appointments: my next appt is on the 19th
    How are you feeling?: i've been having sleep trouble lately.  I am not a side sleeper naturally, so its really bothering me having to change it up.  And I've randomly been having some fierce night sweats which is super fun.
    Rants/Raves:  My company was bought out 2ish years ago (?) and i finally got my official job offer from the new company.  We also signed a contract to start an addition on our house!
    Questions: same as @adorebel - I am currently the size i was at 18 weeks with my daughter.  :|
    GTKY: What is your favorite candy? I love sour patch kids in the fruity/sour genre.  For chocolate, my go to is a York peppermint pattie.  

*TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• @hannahbananas11
    @WildMagelet
    @cmoon3
    @Birdies08
    @moguippy

Thank you all so much for your responses!! It helps me feel a little less alone and crazy knowing I'm not the only one having these thoughts 

@jumpy57
    Definitely appreciated your comment saying the anxiety of something happening never goes away and just transfers to something else once baby is here and growing:) I guess this is motherhood and will probably make me understand my own mother that much better

Best wishes to all of you waiting for test results and sharing the news with your friends and family when you are ready! I will try to focus on trusting my body, my baby, and whatever will be will be. 

• PSA:  Candy corn is nasty and should not be consumed. 

However, a lovely co-worker, educated me that candy corn, when eaten with peanuts, it's actually quite tasty.  Almost like a Pay Day. Salty and sweet, and addictive in a yummy way.