December 2020 Moms
Options

Best Baby Carrier

Hello Ladies! So I'm looking to get a new baby carrier. I have a Moby wrap which I struggled with when I had my older son. I also bought a cheap baby carrier which was really hard to get baby in and out of. What carriers do you like, preferably one that won't break the bank?

Re: Best Baby Carrier

• Options
    @MelanieCSU I think this is super individual, and also depends on when you plan to wear baby the most. Can you borrow or try some on? I prefer a stretchy wrap or a ring sling for a little baby (but there is a bit of a learning curve for both). For a bigger baby, I LOVE my Tula. We used it soooo much from about 8 months on and still use it occasionally now at 3. 
  • Options
    karmbakarmba member
    I have a Lillebaby all seasons which I really like.  I too had a moby wrap that I hated.  I felt like I could never get it tight enough.  This time I plan on buying a ring sling, so if anyone has any good suggestions on those I’m all ears!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @karmba I've got my eye on a hope&plum hemp ring sling! I haven't purchased yet, but I think that's what I'm going to get!
  • Options
    I don’t know if any of you like sewing but it might be a fun/easy sewing project to make the ring sling.  I’ve been having fun dying fabrics so I might get some  linen cut it in half and indigo dye one and Maybe ice dye the other. 
    (I also have 10000 other ideas so we’ll see this actually happens )

https://thedoingthingsblog.com/2017/03/diy-ring-sling-sewing-tutorial/
  • Options
    I could not figure out my ring sling and I hated it. I loved my ka’tan but when I gained weight it felt like I was crushing my son. 
  • Options
    I have a couple mei tai carriers and a couple ergonomic Infantino brand ones I got at Target. I love them all and each was between $35 and $50. They aren't ideal until 3-6 months depending on baby but they are comfy, easy to adjust and front carrying is super easy to do alone.
    image     image