Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Wednesday 8.5

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: TWW Wednesday 8.5

• Month/Cycle: 9/8

CD/DPO: 33/2

Timing: -2, -1, O

Typical LP length: on progesterone so at least 14

Testing: waiting until next weekend

R/R: Sorry to ghost yesterday! Honestly the day just got away from me. DH and I started watching the umbrella academy last night, it’s so good! Not really anything going on today. I think it’s supposed to be nice out so I’m thinking I’ll get some good time to read outside which I always love.

CS/Q: fallback rise? Hopefully my temp goes back up tomorrow!

• Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD/DPO: 28/4

Timing: -4, -2, -1

Typical LP length: 13 days 

Testing: I'm not sure. 

R/R: I haven't been eating very well at all so I'm going to try and be somewhat healthier today. The workdays just seem so exhausting that it's easier to eat junk - but will try and turn that around!

@runningoncookies Reading outside is so nice and relaxing!! Hope you get time to do that today :)

• Loading the player...
  • @priyadoc I totally know how you feel about eating more junk when you’re busy! I fall into that trap all the time whenever my routine changes. I always try and plan my meals in advance (so at least I don’t have to think about it), and have my fruits and veggies chopped so my healthy snacks are just as easy to get to as my not healthy ones!
  • @runningoncookies Those are great suggestions :) Is it just the two of us in TWW?! WTO is hopping! Lol
  • @priyadoc I was thinking the exact same thing!!! Like hellooooo? We need more people to O and come hang with us lol!
  • *lurking from WTO*

I will be joining you guys tomorrow!
    Happy Dance GIFs  Tenor
  • @runningoncookies what are you reading? Your day sounds lovely. I just had a coworker recommend The Umbrella Academy.

@priyadoc my go to snacks are banana with PB and chia seeds, eggs or yogurt (whichever I didn't eat for breakfast - I'll get drinkable yogurt or kefir for real crunch weeks).

I'm here but this week is crazy and I'm super stressed. I'm also at that weird point post-O where it's boring but I might take a Proov strip tomorrow and see what it says for my progesterone (which isn't really a concern...saving the rest for day 10 to see and then confirm O in future cycles on what I think is 2 or 3dpo.

Month/Cycle: 3/2

CD/DPO: cd24/6dpo

Timing: All. Of. The. Days.

Typical LP length: last month was 18-19 days

Testing: Next Monday (11dpo) at the earliest but I might wait a few days just b/c my LP is so long, it's kind of heartbreaking to get a BFN a week before AF.

R/R: This week is going by quickly but kind of stressful. I'm trying not to look up if stress does anything during the TWW (I don't think it does, or at least, it has more impact when WTO). I ate the pineapple core, etc. so I'm really all in but trying not to get my hopes up (but I think I'll be kind of crushed, especially with long cycles).

CS/Q: boring and flat. I'll probably post my chart if/when I get a day 7-8 implantation dip, which last cycle taught me I get even when not pregnant.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @runningoncookies netflix keeps recommending umbrella academy but I know literally nothing about it. Is it scary? I'm currently watching man in the high castle but it isn't holding my interest. 

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 22/7

Timing: quite literally every day

Typical LP length: still unknown. Ovia is claiming 13 days

Testing: Gonna try and wait until next wednesday

R/R: Life is pretty boring over here. DH and I are in such a good place (probably bc of all the sex) so that's nice. I've also been really motivated with school recently so that makes me feel accomplished. Nothing much to rant about other than the TWW is taking forever as always. 

CS/Q: Random question, how many of you keep HIO during the TWW? I've been trying to keep up with EOD but I'm not sure how worth it it is. 

Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @Amphibious22 ha I do not keep doing timed HIO during the TWW. We did ED timing and then I needed a break. It took me a couple days to confirm O b/c of poorly timed wakeups and a slow rise on 1DPO (so above coverline once it calculated it, but not *too* high to be obvious, then badly timed wakeup on 2DPO so we did 2DPO timing). Unless you are unsure whether you've ovulated, just do whatever you want for fun, but it'll have no impact on a BFP. I also have long FPs that I feel like could all of a sudden be short any cycle so we HIO'ed 12 times this cycle in 14 days, I think.

• @kvh22 I just finished Girl Gone Mad during my outside time today! It was free on my kindle through the prime first reads program, which I’ve been using a ton during this stay at home time! Not always the best books but they’re entertaining and it keeps me busy.

@Amphibious22 it’s not scary at all! We are really loving it! It’s a little like a superhero show, which I’m hit or miss with...but it’s great! I loved Man in the High Castle for the first couple seasons, and then I felt like it really went downhill. 
  • @kvh22 yeah I'm not temping or using opks so my o date is an estimate, so I try to make my fertile window like a week and a half just to be safe. But I did read an interesting article from a study done in 2015 about how having more sex outside of the fertile window can actually increase your likelihood of getting pregnant bc it increases the number of helper T cells that are used for implantation. Not sure if there's validity to that or not, but DH will use anything as an excuse for more sex.  :D 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @Amphibious22 oo do you have the link? DH would love that! If I can get O a bit more accurate (or ever O early), I could try it.