Trying to Get Pregnant

August baking/cooking/crafting/home improvement thread

What's everyone working on? (I added home improvements because so many people are doing those and I love seeing pics!)

Re: August baking/cooking/crafting/home improvement thread

• Tonight's dinner!

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/favorite-italian-beef-sandwiches/

I promise to add a pic later. Still has 3 more hours in the slow cooker!

Also this gif is gold @emeraldduchess 😂
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • mindyb2019mindyb2019 member
    edited August 2020
    @inthewoods23 mmm tonight's dinner looks good.. sorry..  I should have said sounds good lol I'll wait for a picture.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh I love this! We’re trying to finish our dining room and kitchen which we’ve been working on for a year. Kitchen turned into a full gut when we found mold under the tile. We’re in the last 2% of the dining room and the kitchen is probably 90-95% done and we’ve done everything ourselves. I’ll post pictures later!
  • @chindimples04 I spot some "on this night" photos  :)  birthdays and wedding day? DH did that I think just for his birthday and his sister's. I thought about doing it for my parents but never pulled the trigger on it. Where did you get all your frames? They're the style I've been looking for!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @chindimples04 love that reading cove!
  • @inthewoods23 Mmmm.. those look soo tasty. Good job! Oh ps.. I dig your upside down bun 😆
  • @inthewoods23 that looks amazing! The starry night pictures are of our dating anniversary, wedding anniversary and *TW*
    DDs birthday
    The two white frames are from hobby lobby. The other two with the prints in them came all together from TJ Maxx. The starry night pictures are just in Walmart frames. I have spent A LOT of shopping for frames and art lately. 🤣
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @chindimples04 cute! I've been meaning to buy some frames for some new prints I bought to replace what's over our stove from the previous owner - I just don't want to spend $20 on a single frame!

@mindyb2019 thanks! Can confirm, it was super delicious 😄
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @chindimples04 I love the reading nook! It looks so serene and cozy.

@inthewoods23 YUM! We are in Chicago, so Italian beef is especially dear to us. I will be trying this out for sure!  As for frames, I love the Ikea Ribba frames. They have white and black in a ton of sizes, they come with matting that you can use or not, they're very reasonably priced and if you want you can spray paint them. 
  • @bbrahmbhatt I'm originally from the Chicago area (Naperville specifically). Italian beef has always been a love of mine! I was SO excited when Portillos opened a few locations here in WI! DH does not understand dipping the entire sandwich in the au jus!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 You’re in Wisconsin? So am I! I missed that about you.
    TTC History

• @chindimples04 ope! :smiley::D Milwaukee area for me. I think you're only the 2nd person I've seen in here living in WI. Even having people from the Midwest feels rare lol I swear it's like everyone else is on the East coast
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 I am on the opposite side, La Crosse area. It is SUPER rare! I’ve never met someone else who is currently living in WI on here.
    TTC History

• @inthewoods23 and @chindimples04 yay for Midwesterners!! 

@inthewoods23 I didn't know you were originally from Naperville! What a small world. Yes, dipped is the only way to go. Did you ever try Johnnies? I'd love to know your fave italian beef and pizza spot!

• @inthewoods23 thank you! I have the perfect crafting gif for December, but I really hope I am not here to use it!
  • @chindimples04 I have been to La Crosse once a few years ago (like 3 or 4?). For a robotics competition of course haha. It's my life.

@bbrahmbhatt I'm not sure I know of Johnnies! Give me some of that Giordanos pizza! Although I'm actually not a huge fan of deep dish pizza. But it makes me feel at home  :) There's actually a bakery somewhere in Chicago owned by a family with my maiden name who are apparently distantly related to us (like they're grandpa's uncle's cousin or something, idk). I meant to go before getting married but never got around to it.

@emeraldduchess hope you won't need it!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @kpearse99 omg girl that is soo cute. I LOVE it! You did an amazing job. What a great idea. I like all the little grapes in it. How long did it take you to make? 
  • @mindyb2019 Thanks, friend!! I started it back in January and got 75% finished with it but ran out of corks. I had enough corks to finish it by the end of March (hello quarantine haha) but didn't really know how I wanted to "finish" it and stores were all closed so I couldn't go browsing. I finally got myself to Michael's yesterday afternoon and found the stuff (olive branches, fake grapes..etc) and finally finished it yesterday! I'm always looking for things I can do with our corks!
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Late to this but @intothewoods we lived in Plainfield for 7 years!  We’re in OH now. We have a Giordano’s so we’re good on the pizza front but I would kill for a Portillos with a Barnelli’s in it, and an Oberweis, too. 
  • @kpearse99 I LOVE that wreath! I would love to make something like that for my FIL. He makes his own wine. Unfortunately I usually buy screw-top wine so it would take forever and a lot of $$ to make one.  :D
  • @BuckeyeNut05 you can always have Portillos delivered!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @emeraldduchess If he makes his own wine, ask him for corks!! Or ask him to save corks when he opens bottles and to give them to you!  It was time consuming to make, but super easy!
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @kpearse99 I wonder if I could just cheat and order corks off of Amazon?  :D
  • @emeraldduchess You could!!I honestly looked into that too haha
    Our TTC Journey

• Okay finally circling back to add my dining room that we are *almost* finished with. We are constantly doing home improvement projects and this is one of my favorites.

Here's the before:

And here it is mostly finished:

Since the last photo was taken, we've painted the ceiling, finished the ceiling trim, painted the door out to the garage (the white door in the photo), painted the door jamb to the pantry (the one with no door), and started refinishing the pantry door that we got from my in-laws' crawl space (no photos of it yet). We also just replaced the wood hutch with a different furniture piece this weekend because there's some unpleasant odor in the hutch we cannot get rid of. I'm hoping to finish the pantry door this weekend and then clean up and call it DONE! Still need a new dining table but we're on the lookout for a specific vintage table so it might be a while and we're debating adding a rug but I'm not sold on a rug under a dining table. 

• @kpearse99 - that wreath is beautiful!
  • @gusgus14 I LOVE the bold color and the print. I always chicken out about bold colors. Probably because I am still regretting my choice of bright aqua for my bathroom ten years ago.  :D 
  • On the cooking front, raided our freezer meat stash made a big batch of pulled pork tacos last night...which means delicious tacos for lunch. Not at all regretting the decision. We just got our produce delivery, so I can also make some cilantro rice for when we run out of tortillas (which is imminent). 
  • @emeraldduchess - thank you! It's waaaaaay out of my comfort zone but I love how it turned out and the wallpaper is removable so if I get tired of it I can just pull it down. The dining room is open to the kitchen and I carried the green over and painted our cabinets (just lower) the same color. Finishing the kitchen is our next project so I'll have to share that soon!
  • @gusgus14 that wallpaper is quite bold! But it works really well in the space.

@kpearse99 that wreath looks straight out of Pinterest it's so awesome looking!

@akoros mmmm pulled pork! I was craving BBQ chicken over the weekend so we had that for dinner last night. Also cilantro rice is *chef's kiss*. Love that stuff so much. Made my own for the first time a week or 2 ago and it turned out really well!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @gusgus14 I LOVE it! It is bold, but it works really well. 

@kpearse99 that is a super cute craft project! It turned out great!

@akoros mmm...tacos!
  • I recently bought a Magic Bullet and now I'm on a smoothie kick. I made a cinnamon roll smoothie this morning and it was SO good! I found the recipe on Pinterest, but I forget where. It's just a banana, half a cup of Greek yogurt, about half a cup of almond milk (but you could use any milk), a teaspoon of brown sugar, a few shakes of cinnamon, and one fourth cup of oatmeal. Blend and drink! I've also made banana/mango, strawberry/banana, banana/maple/almond butter, and peach/blueberry. 
  • @emeraldduchess oh I would KILL for a cinnamon roll right now. That sounds amazing.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 cinnamon rolls are one of my favorite things ever. I rarely have them, because I have zero self control around all that cinnamon-y goodness. 

• @emeraldduchess for real, give me a dinner plate sized cinnamon roll and you can bet I'll devour the ENTIRE thing
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • DH spent his furlough last week mostly with his 3D printer. He made one of the drones from the movie Oblivion. Here he is on a stand using red and black instead of white and black

*TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 wow, that actually looks pretty good 👍 How long does that take to make?