December 2020 Moms

Gtky: cookies

What's your favorite type of cookie?
BabyFruit Ticker
older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 

Re: Gtky: cookies

• Pignoli cookies! 
  • @willashbaby pignoli are my favorite too! 

I did JUST make a huge batch of peanut butter cookies and they are totally hitting the spot! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Either oatmeal chocolate chip (NO raisins) or Biscoff cookies.  Milano mint are hitting the spot right now as well.  

@jchpg. In my heart, I want to like peanut butter cookies but I don't.  Not the biggest fan of peanut butter and in the past couple years, I have had two family members develop nut allergies.  So maybe it is just my body saying you just don't want to mess with those nuts!   
  • shelmcclelshelmcclel member
    edited August 2020
    Oatmeal Raisin made by literally anyone but I like them to be ultra soft so those made with shortening end up tasting the best. Also - Levain Bakery’s chocolate chip walnut. Literally the most ahmazing cookie. If you’re not in or near NY they’re just lowered their shipping rates & we’re ordering some! 
  • My grandma (DD’s namesake) used to make these incredible chocolate chip cookies from scratch. She died without writing down the recipe and we’ve been trying to recreate them ever since. My sister is getting pretty close! I can still remember the taste even after all these years.
  • My dad's homemade soft and chewy molasses cookies 
  • There’s a little shop in Soho in NYC caller Maman and they make these chocolate chip macadamia cookies that are the most amazing things I’ve ever eaten. They were even in Oprah’s “favorite things” list one year. They may be what I miss most about NYC haha.

• this is how I feel about nearly all cookies right now  :D

Hard to pick a favorite but a good chewy oatmeal cookie with dried cranberries (+/- dark chocolate chips, depending on the day) sounds amazing right now.
  • Hell, I can’t pick 🤷🏼‍♀️ Especially being a baker, you know? One that’s way up there is a salted caramel chocolate chip cookie, though. 
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • I love a good old fashioned home made chocolate chip cookie with walnuts. Happy with Neslee Toulouse recipe. 
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• My grandma made the most wonderful gingersnap cookies, and they have always been my favorite! I make her recipe now and again, but I always eat the whole batch too quickly!
  • Eating a Black and White cookie right now!
  • @willashbaby. So jealous!!!  I also love those!
  • I love all cookies. I could eat mostly only cookies and be happy 

I like nice chewy ones fresh ones especially. 
    Right now I’d either go for a chocolate chip, or snickerdoodle or oatmeal raisin or these lemon poppyseed ones they used to sell at the co-op 

and Trader Joe’s sells these great super crispy gluten free chocolate chip ones, they Come in ginger with candied ginger in them too. They’re amazing. 
    I think they’re basically the same as the brand “Tate’s” that they sell at other stores. 

Also Trader Joe’s cookie butter ice cream. It’s like biscoff cookie dough ice cream but not cookie dough 
  • @luckypenny11 I always feel like a Cookie Monster 

one time in college my friend and I had a box of cookies and walking through campus. Every once in a while we’d stop and offer a cookie to a random person. One person we offered a cookie to, But told him he had to eat it like Cookie Monster, he did, it was great. 
  • We have a strict no cookie left behind policy in our house. All cookies are enjoyed and appreciated. I lean more toward the classics though - snickerdoodles, chocolate chip, chewey oatmeal raisin.

That said, the one I look forward to the most is peanut butter blossoms we make exclusively at Christmas. The family recipe is specific to that cookie, not just a peanut butter with a Hershey kiss in it.
    image     image
  • @autumn87654321. Your college story reminded me of the first time I met my MIL.  My husband and I started dating in 11th grade, but went on a field trip to DC in 9th grade.  My MIL was our chaperone.  She brought a package of Oreos for us all to eat.  We couldnt bring them into the museum, so I was being a good Italian and guilting everyone into eating more!  Finally I gave up and gave a few to every homeless person we saw along the way.  In retrospect, the microbiologist in me is concerned about giving away open food to strangers, but that was the day she decided I was the woman her son was going to marry.  It took him two years to figure out that we should date!!  
  • Snickerdoodles and homemade m&m cookies.  Also, Walmart has various Girl Scout cookie knockoffs, I really like the fake Samoas and Tagalongs.  Cheaper than Girl Scouts and available year-round!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• No bake cookies for the win over here!
  • I guess this might be an UO: I don’t like Girl Scout cookies! Every year I get all hyped with everyone else and buy them when they come out, and then never end up eating them. 
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• @bearmomma1 I agree. I don’t mind Samoa’s but they’re just overpriced. And they definitely would never be considered my favorite. I could have them sit on the counter forever and never reach for them 

• @bearmomma1 I agree. I like them because of the excitement, and eat them because I don’t have self control, but they never taste good like I hope they will. 
  • Annatto cookies- the fancy kind you can get from bakeries.