Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
FTM/STM/STM+:
Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:
Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
Upcoming appointments:
How are you feeling?:
Rants/Raves:
Questions:
GTKY: I think we've only talked about pregnancy-related books so far...what other book(s) have you read lately and/or what are you reading now?

Re: Weekly Check-in ~~~ Week of August 3

• Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 15+5, 1/20

FTM/STM/STM+: STM+

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Orange

Upcoming appointments: MFM 8/10, OB 8/13

How are you feeling?: Pretty good! My biggest complaint is actually energy levels. 

Rants/Raves: Baby kicks are probably my favorite thing about pregnancy and despite an anterior placenta, I get some every now and then! 

Questions: Any ideas to liven up this board? Its a ghost town in here! 

GTKY: I think we've only talked about pregnancy-related books so far...what other book(s) have you read lately and/or what are you reading now? I haven’t been reading anything lately. I have a big stack I want to tackle. Probably should get on that. 
  • @carleym93 I know! I like that it's a small group but it does get quiet. We should do more daily threads, I love Meal Plan Monday! We could do WTF Wednesday (I'm sure we could all use a b*tch session at least once a week!) along with Bump Day. I've been slacking on posting Fit Fri-yay, and another good Friday one could be FFFC (flame free confessions) - I think we've had that once or twice and it can spice things up! Also Unpopular Opinion Thursday was something we did on TTGP...sometimes it can be a little redundant with FFFC but we could try this week!
  • @carleym93 That's a good idea!
  • @supersara2 I loved Talk So Little Kids Will Listen! That and Janet Lansbury’s work totally changed my parenting and made it into such a joyful experience.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 18w+1
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: sweet potato 
    Upcoming appointments: Anatomy scan next week!
    How are you feeling?: Really well for most of the day, and I’m so grateful for that. I have lots of aches and pain by the end of the day so I’m trying to listen to my body and take it easy (as much as that’s possible with a 3-year old)
    Rants/Raves: I also love this group, it’s quiet but everyone is so kind and generous. My previous bmb was an amazing source of support but there was also a lot of drama.
    Also my belly finally popped for real and I feel so pretty :)
    Questions: none right now 
    GTKY: I think we've only talked about pregnancy-related books so far...what other book(s) have you read lately and/or what are you reading now?
    Oh man I haven’t read something new in a while. Last one was the latest Stormlight Archive book (I’m a big Brandon Sanderson fan and love and fantasy books in general). I also used to be such an intense reader before kids, now it feels so exhausting.
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
    18+1 1/4

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: cucumber 

Upcoming appointments:
    nothing until the end of August

How are you feeling?:
    huge already. Trying to really watch my nutrition because I’m not liking how fast I’m creeping up. Other than that still some hit and miss nausea that effects my food tolerances 

Rants/Raves: I started a new workout program that I’m really enjoying. Other than that same old. 

Questions:

I miss reading. I haven’t done much lately. 

BFP #1 November 28, 2013 E Born August 3, 2014
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/20, 15w6d - also for some reason I’ve been thinking my due date is 1/21 and didn’t realize it was wrong until I was reading through and saw the other 1/20 due dates I remembered having the same date as! 😂
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: pink!
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a jar of Nutella 
    Upcoming appointments: August 13th
    How are you feeling?: good, still tired but nausea is mostly gone! 
    Rants/Raves: none
    Questions: none
    GTKY: I think we've only talked about pregnancy-related books so far...what other book(s) have you read lately and/or what are you reading now? Ugh I only ever read parenting books, I need to get back to reading for fun!
  • 14+3 due 1/30
    TTM
    Team Green I think
    Appointment 8/24 I think
    Feeling pretty good!!! I no longer NEED two naps a day
    DH seems grumpy today, but he's probably just tired from our 4 year old getting up at 4:30

Questions: do we have a product spotlight thread schedule? Those are always fun 

Just finished reading Mexican Gothic and it was crazy! Tonight or tomorrow I'll finish my business book on lean manufacturing
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 
    1/3  18+4
    FTM/STM/STM+:
    Stm+
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:
    Pink.... yay
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
    A cucumber.... yummy
    Upcoming appointments:
    AS in two weeks. 
    How are you feeling?:
    Like I'm alot farther along than I am. Bloated and fat
    Rants/Raves:
    Being a big girl prepregnancy people.are.looking at my fat bump and saying how big my belly is getting when in reality, I'm barely showing at all
    Questions:
    Not much time for reading. I was trying to read a book and cant remember the title.or.the author because I was only able to get a few chapters in. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/28 15 weeks today!
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a magic 8 ball

Upcoming appointments: a week from today. My OB practice has given me a choice each time to do virtual or in office and I keep choosing in office but wondering how a telehealth visit would work? I think i'd still like the reassurance of an in person visit, even though it is a pain around my work schedule. 

How are you feeling?: so. flipping. hungry

Rants/Raves: I wish I looked pregnant instead of just bloated

Questions: see above about telehealth 

GTKY: I think we've only talked about pregnancy-related books so far...what other book(s) have you read lately and/or what are you reading now? I love to read most nights before bed. My recent favorite was Oona Out of Order.
    Me: 36 DH:41
    DD born 1/3/2019
    EDD for #2 1/28/2021
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @lacroixliz my telehealth appointments have been chit chats and discussion of exams, things to look out for over the next few weeks, etc. I’ve appreciated them because it saves me time driving into the office, and these in-between appointments don’t add much if they’re in person (at least with my OB).
  • @lacroixliz my office also could do telehealth visits but my doctor said there wouldn't be much point besides saying "hey how are you" at all of my appointments they check urine, blood pressure, fetal HB, and measure my belly which is what would catch something if there was a problem. I think if you had a conflict then doing an occasional telehealth visit could help
  • @jumpy57 We haven't done product spotlights yet but YES we definitely should! I started adding a couple things to a baby registry but panicked when I got to strollers and car seats and have been refusing to look at it for like a week haha. Why can't there just be one perfect car seat?! Anyway -- I found this spreadsheet on the March 2021 board with a schedule for products...we have a bit of a late start and I haven't looked closely at it yet but we should definitely start posting them! Will look more this evening! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IrF0iah5XaJFdFTHzNVcIEq4ujZTwq_j1bG9W-bovNs/edit#gid=0
  • @amm126 I hope the ear infection resolves! That's the worst.
    @supersara2 I've had that muscle-pulling feeling when sneezing and getting up too, I feel like it's round ligament pain?
    @happyfeet34 Ooh what workout program did you find?
    @lacroixliz I think I would do in person when possible, maybe I would opt for telehealth if there was a big local outbreak or something. But yeah it does seem like being there is important so they can get a look at you! It's nice that they offer it if you have a conflict tho!
  • @whitealbum29 I normally really like strength training, but I find that lifting makes me so nauseous still. I started the new beach body Barre program and it’s been really nice. Way more low key than I’m used to but great on my hips and keeping me moving. 

BFP #1 November 28, 2013 E Born August 3, 2014
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 19 and something

FTM/STM/STM+: STM+ (#4)

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a sweet potato? Might be making that up. Starting to feel some movement so however big that is. 

Upcoming appointments: I'm cheap and our new insurance doesn't kick in until Sept 1 so anatomy scan Sept 1 at almost 23 weeks.

How are you feeling?: Not terrible. Thanks second trimester. 

Rants/Raves: I was fairly active the first few weeks here, then fell off the planet in June when we moved cross country. Things are starting to settle down so thought I'd hop back around! Also we're starting virtual learning tomorrow for my 7 and 8 year old so FML. 

Questions: 
    Just finished listening to Untamed by Glennon Doyle and enjoyed it. A little long and meandering, but she made some excellent points and gave me lots of food for thought.