November 2020 Moms
Options

UO Thursday 7.30

Let's hear your unpopular opinions!

Re: UO Thursday 7.30

• Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts I've been wondering that too! I've been wondering about bagged lettuce since I've been eating a lot more of it. Hopefully it isn't contaminated! 🤞
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I completely agree with this one. I didn't read Expecting Better until later on, so at the beginning I adhered very closely to all of the food limitations. I told DH once about how pepperoni was now off limits except if cooked. Fast forward to this month, I was quite amused when he got annoyed with me for eating "his" slices of pepperoni pizza when there was cheese available. I said he should have let me know, and his response was, "Well I thought you couldn't eat pepperoni anyway." Lol...
  • Options
    FTM me when pregnant with DD I followed ALL the food restrictions until about 3rd trimester when all I craved was Jimmy John's subs 😂🤣

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts I literally don’t even bother with the lunch meat thing. Also, if I don’t scoop the cat litter, it’s not going to get done so 🤷🏻‍♀️ The main one I strictly abide by is alcohol. If I were into eating sushi/fish with high mercury levels, I’d avoid that too but I don’t eat that anyway. I still get my steak medium, I eat my eggs over medium too (I rarely eat eggs so I think I’m probably fine). I’m also careful with medications.
  • Options
    Deli meat 🤢 It’s a texture thing I can’t get passed. 
    FFC- I will occasionally have a glass of red wine. I always plan to have my one glass, and then forget to pour me a glass. I think I’ve had 3 glasses the whole pregnancy... not counting the super trashed I got before I found out I was pregnant.. 😳 
  • Options
    At my last appointment I asked my OB about the beef jerky made by the neighborhood butcher and she said "that sounds delicious - enjoy it, within reason!"

I've generally been avoiding deli meats but have snuck pieces here and there - I agree with many of you, Expecting Better was a soul-soothing read for understanding risk.
  • Options
    My unpopular opinion is that I don't like turning right on red when driving. People around here beep if you don't go, which irritates me because if I were to get hit for rushing a turn, it would be 100% my fault. If it's a busy time or the visibility is tough, I won't go. 
  • Options
    The thing DH points out and I tend to agree on is...when it comes to women’s health it seems like there are so few data points. I just think they don’t want to test on pregnant women so therefore they say don’t do all these things???  

I’m at the heartburn stage but otherwise my UO is I drink about a glass or half glass of wine per week. 
  • Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts My MCV was high... so, that could be a vitamin deficiency or sign of chronic disease, or... nothing. I think. And I saw something about it being linked to alcoholism, but that's really not the case here. 🤷‍♀️
    Do you know anything about it?
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Options
    edited August 2020
    @hedgepig ahhhh so MCV refers to the actual size of your red blood cells. Meaning they are physically larger in size which could mean a vitamin deficiency primarily b12 or folate. There is a link between chronic alcoholism and MCV but yeah... A few sips here and there won't give you a high MCV.  I'm surprised they aren't more concerned about a potential folate deficiency esp while pregnant! Obv not a doctor as I said but make sure you're taking your PNV w/ folate or folic acid (and/or maybe consider changing PNVs to one with a more bioaccesible version of folic acid) and eat lots of dark leafy greens if possible!  Other foods high in folic are legumes, broccoli, asparagus, brussel sprouts, grapefruits, papaya, nuts/seeda, uhhmmmm... Beets I *think* (Just google foods high in folate/folic acid 😆) 

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts Yep, that's what I thought too. My PNV has plenty of folate/folic acid, and I eat a pretty varied diet, so 🤷‍♀️ I think they're not mentioning that part because I'll be doing follow up testing this week to see if it is a b12 or folate deficiency, and they don't want to freak me out if it doesn't even wind up being the case. There's definitely a little part of me freaking out that I'm one of those people for whom folic acid isn't bioavailable, but trying not to worry too much until I get results. I definitely ate a huge salad for dinner last night though...
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Options
    edited August 2020
    @hedgepig ahhh I gotcha 💚 let us know how follow up testing goes! I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry too much until they get the follow up results. Hoping it's nothing to be concerned about or something easily correct with a diet change or something since a lot of the foods rich in folic are more bioavailable than PNVs.  I love me some salads for dinner! We had chicken cesar salad wraps the other night that were perfection. One of my favorite salads from a restraunt here in WI aren't available this summer due to the pandemic and it's massively bumming me out. I ate soooooo many of them w/ DD. I could make them at home, but... #lazy and MH won't eat them 😑

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• Options
    @hedgepig vitamin deficiency? Sounds like you need more beer! 🙃
  • Options
    @name1109 and @potofgolden I definitely still drink wine, maybe a glass every week or two and I put down some NA beer. @hedgepig My OB doesn't support / condone drinking while pregnant, but she never says anything or makes me feel any type of way for having my wine (and nothing has been said about any of my bloodwork)... 

@warmwinter I'd honk, but I'm a super bad / impatient driver lol (*knocking on wood* though I've never been in an at fault wreck, just got rear ended one time but a guy who was speeding and couldn't stop in time).
    ECat504
    SO
    SD (11/2010)
    DD1 (09/2014)
    DD2 (10/2015)
    Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)