Trying to Get Pregnant

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 7.27

• Hope everyone dealing with Hurricanes Douglas and Hanna are doing alright  <3
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • @chindimples04 it's beautiful!!
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• @chindimples04 that looks awesome!
  • @chindimples04 it looks great!! And seeing more of the room I think the light tile in there for sure
  • @chindimples04 that color looks great!!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @chindimples04 it looks great! How difficult was it? I would love to do something like that to ours.
  • @bbrahmbhatt not at all! The prep work is the hardest, then the waiting. You do need to clean, sand, and clean again everything before you can start painting. And the wait time between coats suck, especially the poly because it’s 4 hours, but I got it done in 5 days from start to finish.
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @chindimples04 I can't wait that long lol. We've been going back and forth with our bathroom vanity and it just seems easier to completely replace it than all those steps to paint it.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • kvh22kvh22 member
    @chindimples04 now I want to paint my mom's. My brother did a half-assed job painting the walls and trim but the vanity is still a wood color. She's gearing up to potentially sell it in a few years (so many little projects to make it sellable but more decluttering 35 years of stuff than actual painting). I stripped wallpaper and painted the living room which had tons of trim (old house with 4 doors, 5 windows, and valances in that room - 2 of the doors had panes of glass rectangles that were a nightmare). That made such a difference and would be great. Remind me, are you also painting the top? Hers is that off-white color that was popular a while ago and so outdated now but idk that it's possible to paint it.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @kvh22 no plans to paint the top. Its some sort of gross stone. I’d replace it but I don’t think it will be worth the hassle or increase the value much. So, we are just leaving it and going with the faux marble vinyl tile for the flooring that has some white, cream, and gray in it to try and tie it together a bit more. I’m not sure why off white was so popular. It just looks dingy to me.
    TTC History

• @chindimples04 I know what you mean about off-white! I swear every room in our house was beige, and we have the same look to our bathroom cabinets and vanity. Its all variations of beige, ugh. I did a ton of painting in April, and went with light gray for the walls and painted all the trim white. It looks so much more updated, but I haven't touched the bathroom yet. 
  • @bbrahmbhatt Our trim is so cheap that I’m afraid to remove it to paint it because I’m pretty sure it would just break in half. 👎🏼 So, the gross honey oak trim stays. 
    TTC History

• Haaaaaalp!! 😵

I am having the worst time with my menstrual cup right now. Does anyone else have issues with getting it to open/unfold once you insert it? Tips? Tricks? Help a girl out!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • kvh22kvh22 member
    @inthewoods23 I have friends who use them and they had some good websites. I know they used the putacupinit.com quiz so maybe this would help (no personal experience): https://putacupinit.com/insertion/

@chindimples04 hmm when I painted the trim at my mom's house, we did not take it off. Is that the way they do it on newer construction? Her house was built in 1930 and has beautiful solid wood trim (which had been off-white for decades until I painted it lol). Don't you just use painters tape to block it off and paint (after sanding, etc.)? That'd be what I'd do if we were going to paint what's in our 1980s apartment - but it still seems pretty sturdy - and what my ILs did on their 1980s house. I've never heard of removing the trim.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @inthewoods23 I agree, I'm not a personal user, but a few friends are and they raved about the primer at put a cup in it https://putacupinit.com/menstrual-cup-folds/  It goes over a bunch of different fold techniques to try. Hope that helps!

@kvh22 that's what we did, just sanded and used painters tape. It worked out pretty well, and looks so much nicer than the honey oak. 
  • @kvh22 @bbrahmbhatt thanks ladies :) I'm thinking I either need to adjust how I'm holding it or maybe I need to switch to using the small size instead of regular. This is only my 3rd full cycle of using it so I'm still a noob.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 you're braver than I am! I would love to try a cup to cut down on waste, but I am too chicken.
  • @bows22 I saw that! I'm actually looking for one that says "Don't Make Me Unleash the Flying Monkeys" or something similar. I'm much more "Wicked Witch of the West" than "Sanderson Sister". ;)
  • bows22bows22 member
    Yes!!! @inthewoods23 I was going to tag you in the TWW but I didn’t know if you had started the May hype already and I didn’t want you to be like yeah welcome to the party bows. 
  • *TW* LC mentioned
    My first BMB is Its Gonna Be May ‘19 and it is the most supportive and amazing group! The May hype is real!

TTC History

• Haha I love the May hype!  My grandmother was a May baby, and so is my mom. 

@emeraldduchess yass!  Give. Me. All. The. Witches!  Or you could get one that says "student tears" lol
  • FX for your @asf0613! April is always my dream EDD bc the birthstone! I'd totally be that April mom that needs all the birthstone jewelry (diamond) 🤣
  • chindimples04chindimples04 member
    edited August 2020
    @_orchid_ seriously, diamond is the perfect birthstone! It goes with everything. I’m an August baby so peridot is my birthstone and it’s just ugly. 👎🏼

Edited for spelling errors
    TTC History

• @chindimples04 I don't like my birthstone, either (December). Well, there's three listed, and I like tanzanite, but zircon or aquamarine are a no from me. 

• @emeraldduchess honestly, there aren’t many I do like. 🤣
    TTC History

• @chindimples04 my favorite color is green, so I actually like peridot and emerald.  :D 
  • @emeraldduchess I'm a December baby too and that's why I have April envy 😂
  • @_orchid_ DH and i are both april and i love having diamond as my birthstone!