Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Testing and Treatment w/o 7/27

Re: IF Testing and Treatment w/o 7/27

• @keikilove DUDE!!! What DO you eat then?!?! No potatoes? No Ice Cream Cake?! Those are like 2 major food groups! Maybe your follies ran away because you won't give them what they want... potatoes and cake! :D hahaha all jokes aside, I am SO DARN happy and relieved for you! I agree that the delay was a blessing in disguise so that you could focus on a few other things and to get yourselves and bodies in the right frame of mind for the ER! I'm loving your happy dance, friend!
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• akorosakoros member
    @keikilove Wow, that's all so helpful, thank you! My first loss was a TFMR for T21, had no idea that there's a link between trisomies and immune issues. Going to go Google all the terms you mentioned and take notes, thank you so much again. I'm fully prepared for there to be inconclusive or "just another random thing" results, but anything I can proactively learn about is useful. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @keikilove thanks, friend! Yep...this is for our 3rd IUI, but only 1st with injectables. I read your comment about Metformin and egg quality...I did not know that about it and I stopped it several months ago after my RE said it would be fine to stop! 🙁 Yay, I’m so glad your ER didn’t end up getting delayed that much! That’s awesome you have been able to get some thing taken care of in the meantime too...here’s hoping it all helps and you get great results with your ER!! 
    @emeraldduchess glad your interview went well!! That’s good you won’t have to wait long to find out...hope it’s great news too!! 
  • @emeraldduchess Oops! I misread your description of treatment. So now you’re in the patches and injections will start after CD1 & baseline. Got it! I wonder if we will be cycle buddies?! Eeeek!😬 Glad the interview went well, fx for a good result! 

@kpearse99 Girl, you are killing me this week!🤣🤣🤣 Well let’s see... I eat nuts & berries, lots of protein, little carbs... BORING!! 

@bluetickgal Here’s to hoping three’s a charm!🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽 Thanks for the good luck wishes☺️

@akoros I am glad you found that info helpful. It’s also good that you are prepared to have a “random” or inconclusive result. I think that is very often the case with losses, especially late ones.☹️ It was very difficult for me to accept; I still wonder everyday if I could have done things differently for a different result. But as you know, we can drive ourselves crazy with those kinds of thoughts! I hope your genetic testing gets you some answers.💓
  • @acleverusername Thank you so much for your encouraging words. I will be thinking of you for your HSG. I have heard a lot of people say it isn't too bad. Mine was pretty uncomfortable, but I also have a blockage, so don't use my experience as a guide at all! 

@keikilove Thank you for the suggestions. We've definitely been doing all the supplement recommendations in It Starts With the Egg, but that's a great thought about Metformin. I hadn't really looked into it at all. Yay for re-starting ER cycle! FX so hard for you!!

@inthewoods23 Thank you so much! I think we would definitely pursue embryo adoption before donor eggs. I know for some people, it's helpful to have their child be biologically-related to one of the parents, I think it would be hard for me to have my child be related to my husband and another woman. Also, I never responded on last week's thread, but I am also in some CurlyGirl FB groups. I wonder if we're in any together?!
  • @emeraldduchess I definitely don't miss all the needles  :D

@bbrahmbhatt I was probably a little crampy for some time after but felt completely fine later in the day. I had some spotting post-HSG. It's all just that "during" part that really sucks because it's not comfortable to shove fluid through very tiny tubes!

@bluetickgal I was usually pretty good with the belly injections, but I struggled most with the ones in the backside. I did those injections myself so I had to be in a twisted position. I was prone to coming out with the needle at an odd angle so I'd knick myself a bit. I never experienced the major bruising some have from the IVF meds! Seems crazy! My stomach never looked like I got beat up. Glad to hear you've been good since the first injection :smile:

@keikilove yay ER!!! FX for no runaways! I can't remember, are you doing the testing as well or a fresh transfer? DH says he was using the shower even when he was like... 4 - they had a tub too but I think they'd shower with him until he could do it on his own? I don't think the collapsible tubs are the size to fit an 8-10 year old. I still haven't looked at the actual dimensions! At that point I'd just be supervising them in the shower until they had the hang of it. That's what my mom did with us. She'd sit in the bathroom and if we needed help with anything she'd be there to poke her head in through the shower curtain, most likely to make sure we got all the soap out of our hair or something. That probably lasted only a few times.

@shoogapoff I totally understand where you're coming from. I remember having no problem with donating our embryos but then... when I started thinking about it, the whole idea seemed weird to have a fully biological child of ours out there being in the world! Are you part of the Curly Girl Rejects group? Cuz I definitely am :D There are groups out there that are so strict about it. Like it's a sin to even mention the word shampoo. I use "approved" products and try some of the techniques but I would go mad if I never used heat ever again. And on the rare occasion it's fun to straighten my hair!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @keikilove hooray for your ER cycle moving ahead! I didn't know they could control the timing so precisely. But I guess that's what BCP does. Question: what will have happened to the 2 runaway follies? Also, you're like a well of information. All that stuff about Vitamin D and Reproductive Immunology... wow! I didn't even know RI was a discipline. Also, what is TE? 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• @emeraldduchess Keeping fx on good news for the job! And yay for starting protocol, it feels good to be doing something to move the ball forward. 

@inthewoods23 House projects are the only thing that is keeping me sane these days! Hope you are enjoying yours! There are so many bathing options these days I wouldn’t even worry about a tub. The only time it crosses my mind is for the resale value of the house if you are in a family dominant area, but even that isn’t worth considering if you prefer just a shower. You do you! 

@kpearse99 I go back and forth so much on saving space, things, etc for “future baby”. Part of me thinks if I let it go, then maybe something will happen, but of course that is as irrational as saying if I let it go or change the space it never will. But I can see why it would be hard for YH to know that you haven’t given up on it. Hope you are enjoying the summer and the NTNP phase! 

@akoros So sorry for your losses! Regarding vitamin D, it is something my RE tests and adjusts the levels accordingly. Sounds like you got lots of great advice from keikilove ❤️! 

@bbrahmbhatt Clomid has such crazy side effects! Sorry they are hitting you hard! 

@misshelen86 I didn’t go back and read last weeks post, but sorry the IUI didn’t go as well as you hoped! I feel like so much of the process is such a luck of the draw that it is crazy it ever works right. I hope you are one of the 2%, someone has to be! 

@bluetickgal Yes, when I was doing injectables I always ovulate a few days early. It depends on how you respond to them though. With the additional monitoring it does give them the advantage to up the dosage to get you to ovulate sooner too! GL! 

@legallykate Yay for 3 frozen!  That is a lot of waiting! Hope it all passes quickly for you! 

Back for more tags later! 
  • @keikilove So glad you are able to get started again so quickly, FX for Tuesday!

@emeraldduchess Glad the interview went well, hope you hear good news soon!

@ramzlau Congrats on being off the bench! Agree that hopefully 2020 can get its crap together for the last 5 months.

No real updates from me, still no AF despite cramping on and off since the weekend. They were so bad overnight they woke me multiple times but still no sign when I woke up. The PMS (or withdrawal from injectables?) has made me a weepy mess, I cried yesterday because I didn’t want to eat what DH was making for dinner. I never have PMS this bad so I just need AF to show up and make me normal again and so I can get this stupid wasted HSG cycle over with as quick as possible. 

*TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• DH never signed the documents for embryo testing. They sent it electronically to him back in MARCH along with multiple reminders to his email. I am SO mad at him right now...apparently he thought I was handling everything, so he ignored the emails. 
  • @emeraldduchess at least you could do that electronically! I either had to schedule appointments that worked with DH's work schedule or he'd have to schedule it separately himself because he couldn't make my baseline appointments.

So stupid that this is a common theme
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 and @emeraldduchess ugh, that is so frustrating!  I feel a little bit of your pain; I made our first RE appointment, which will be September 1 and MH said he might not be able to make it, even though it is a ZOOM appointment. To be fair, he is a teacher and the latest appointment time I could get was 1pm. Ugh, but still. 
  • @inthewoods23 I see what you’re saying about the tub. Makes sense to stick with showers in your house. We grew up with only a tub, no shower until a much later bathroom remodel, so my brain has a hard time imagining life without a tub.😬 Congrats on starting to seek out 2nd/3rd opinions. Sorry it kept you up late, though. This doubting & worry that comes along with IF is brutal. FX that the Fall brings you a transfer cycle that works right away so the 2nd/3rd options aren’t even necessary! AFM, my RE expects to get few eggs so she has told me the best plan is to do a Day 3 fresh transfer. The dr from CNY said the same thing so it makes me think it’s the right plan. But if we get more than a few embryos I’m pushing for them to try to get them to Day 5 & do testing. It’s nerve-wracking to even think about. I wish I had more control in that part of it. Don’t we all! Sigh....

@acleverusername Yeah, I knew none of this stuff until I had to learn! It’s been my quest for answers to my losses that’s gotten me here. Anyway, the cancelled cycle turned out to be some drama that I thought I’d spare you all, but since you asked😬: Dr thought the larger follies would continue to grow faster than the rest and that I’d ovulate within a week. She advised us to have sex this cycle & after that we’d try a round of natural IVF. I was excited by this, because I’d wanted to avoid BCP from the very beginning. But then my blood results came back & showed no elevated hormones (LH or estradiol) so Dr decided the follicles must actually be inactive cysts that would disappear w more BCP. She’s been working w me for over a year & has never seen any cysts before so this surprised us both. I think it’s because of the BCP throwing my body off so badly. I had abdominal/ovarian pain & bloating the whole time I was taking that higher dose. So she put me on the lower dose of BCP and so far, no problems. FX the cysts really are gone at next week’s baseline U/S. As far as “What is TE?” It is simply a typo, hahaha! I meant “RE”. My phone is insane with autocorrect & messes up my typing all.the.time. 

@ramzlau Welcome back!!! We’ve missed you. Congrats on getting off the bench! Agreeing w you 💯 about 2020 needing to get itself together for this second half. We could all use some good stuff coming up!

@legallykate Ugh, Sorry for the PMS-y delay of AF. Hope it gets here soon & gives you some relief! 

@emeraldduchess & @bbrahmbhatt Sorry for your frustrations! Ooooh, I’d be SO  annoyed with both of those situations! Why can’t our guys understand how much of this we already handle, & how it would be great if they’d be fully on it for the few things they need to do? Sigh...

@shoogapoff I just saw this helpful post in one of my FB groups. It’s a bit much—I don’t take all this stuff—but it looks like a really handy guide. There was also a good discussion & helpful article links about the benefits of 600mg of N-A-C on egg quality & preventing miscarriage. Maybe you’re already taking that too from ISWTE? Anyway, hope this chart is helpful to some of us here. 

• @ramzlau welcome back! Hooray for being off the bench!
    @bbrahmbhatt I get the appointment scheduling frustration. BOTH DH and I are teachers and very few doctors/dentists have schedules that match up with ours. We always have to take time off and it's super awkward asking for a personal day or half day. 

• @bbrahmbhatt haha yeah I remember my RE isn't in until 8AM but you can do your monitoring appointments with the nurses as early as 7. So having appointments that require the RE and DH are a pain to get scheduled because I hate scheduling things mid morning or afternoon. If I can get in right away or possibly sometime around lunch is more ideal so I'm not out for half a day of work. But my boss is awesome and basically gives me free range if I ever needed to because he knows I get shit done.

@keikilove I'm the same with my brain! The idea of no tub was like "what do you mean no tub?!?" like it was such a preposterous thing. I couldn't wrap my head around his growing up in which all 4 of them shared 1 bathroom which is why, when we bought our house that doesn't have a master suite, I was so hesitant. I was hoping we could add a 2nd sink since there's the room to do it, but then where do all my daily essentials go that I currently have on my side of the counter?  :D So funny how our experiences affect the way we see things.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Eh, figures. That place I submitted the online form to called me back. It's one of those that just do the actual treatment. They don't do anything with diagnostics and what not. So essentially you get referred by your doctor to use them and then you agree to their pricing etc. Still waiting on the name of the doc DH's coworker used, but he's a busy guy so we might not hear back for a little while (as I remember when we first asked he had to get the name from his wife). Plus I think this was a doc from 10+ years ago so maybe he's not even in the practice anymore, but I can still give that medical group a call and set up an appointment.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 that's great that you could get an appointment so soon! You must be so relieved that you won't have a long wait. 
  • @emeraldduchess yeah I'm hoping August flies by! I'm curious if they will want to do all the diagnostics again since it's been 2 years and if they do, well at least AF would be due about a week after the appointment so there won't be so much downtime waiting for AF to show up! I know we got kinda screwed on that 2 years ago. I was somewhere between AF and ovulating that time so that wait felt like forever.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Ooof I've fallen behind on this thread. Hopefully I'm not missing anyone.

@bluetickgal glad AF arrived when you wanted her to. Small victories for sure! And yay for starting injections! Things are starting to really move ahead!

@legallykate congrats on the day 7 blast went having 3 frozen! That's so exciting!

@shoogapoff hugs friend. I'm sorry you're feeling that way. Sending all of the positive vibes that your embryob will be a tiny perfect THB!

@acleverusername I hope your HSG went smoothly and wasn't as bad as you were expecting.

@keikilove oooh yay! Glad to hear the ER is only delayed instead of canceled! Crossing everything for you!!

@ramzlau thank you friend! So glad to see you back and SO happy for you that you're also off the bench!!!

@emeraldduchess ugh so frustrating about YH!

@kiki047 ugh PCOS is the worst. It's been a lot of years since I took provera to force a period so I don't have any information but I hope things move quickly for you so you can get started on your FET! 
  • @kiki047 Oh, I hope AF hurried up for you!! No experience here w provera, sorry. But I hope that it makes everything work quickly! Recently I’m on here trying to figure out who I might get to move to a BMB with... FX for all of us that we can all get moving soon! 

@gingermama29 This thread is massive this week! Thanks for that hilarious gif earlier—I forgot to tell you how much I enjoyed it too.😆 You had everyone up in here laughing our heads off with that one! Oh, the days when TTC felt like that hahaha...

@inthewoods23 Hooray for that 2nd opinion appointment getting scheduled so soon! Way to go, you got that accomplished almost as soon as you put your mind to it. 
  • @legallykate that is WONDERFUL news! FX you get your HSG done with no hiccups!

@bluetickgal that seems like promising news! FX for some progression  in the next few days!
  • @legallykate bravo! that's wonderful!

@bluetickgal Mine are sometimes oblong I think? I guess that's why they always look at the average for what they consider the size of the follicle to be.

@emeraldduchess sorry for the job rejection  <3
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @legallykate @inthewoods23 glad it’s not just me with oblong follicles! Haha. I’ve watched him measure width and height, he has just never given me all the numbers. I’m pretty sure he just hadn’t done the average yet because I asked sizes right after he finished the US, so I was worrying/wondering for nothing! Lol. 
    @legallykate that is a wonderful update!! I hope your HSG cycle goes well...hoping all is good with the HSG and the rest of the cycle flies by!! Fingers crossed so hard for your BB embryo!!! 💜
    @bbrahmbhatt thanks, lady!! 
    @emeraldduchess right...I can’t even tell you the countless weird searches I have done since we began TTC! Just have to laugh about it...and sometimes clear search history! 😂 Oh, I’m so sorry for both the extra hormones and another job rejection! Obviously that’s good that it is not a reflection on your teaching abilities, but I’m sure that doesn’t make the blow much easier!! I’m so hopeful the perfect teaching job is out there for you and you are going to find it very soon!! 
  • @bluetickgal Yay, so glad you’re getting better growth with the injections! FX they keep right on track & you can trigger soon. 

@legallykate That is big good news!!!💗💗💗 I bet you feel so relieved! Hope the hsg comes & goes so easily, so you can get the transfer scheduled. So exciting!  

@emeraldduchess Oh, I’m sorry the job hunt is getting you down. It is hard to not take rejection personally, but try your best to remember it really isn’t a reflection on your teaching.  Am I remembering correctly that you were at a private school before? Are you applying to public or private openings? 
  • @keikilove yes, I was at a private school, but I am mostly applying to public schools now. In general, private school teachers are not paid well and there were things going on in the lead administration of the larger system I was in (regarding how they treated the staff) that were unacceptable. I loved the school community I was in, but it was time to move on. 
  • keikilovekeikilove member
    edited July 2020
    @emeraldduchess I see. That stinks when the leaders are being unethical. Sorry you had to go through that. I also had to leave a private school system for those reasons. It sucked. 

Edited to add spoiler for long response. Not sure if this is helpful at all, but I’ve conducted many interviews for private & public school hiring. Maybe these thoughts are helpful? If not, please disregard. 
    In the public system, it was sometimes assumed that private school teachers weren’t fully prepared for the rigors of the public system’s structures. This is no reflection on you whatsoever! I’m just sharing a bias some interviewers might have that you will want to address directly or indirectly in your responses. For example, many private school teachers did not have to follow the Common Core, and were not ready for the rigorous standards that had to be taught in every curricular area. They also weren’t prepared for (or sometimes didn’t agree with) the frequent testing and progress monitoring that is done in public schools. (The evils of constant testing.) The biggest question was whether they could handle the behaviors and diversity in the public school setting if they had come from a sheltered private school setting. So, in some ways the private school teachers were at a disadvantage against experienced public school candidates. 
    I remember you shared some things about your school being diverse, and the usual student behaviors, so you could talk those things up to your advantage. I’m not sure what your experience is with the other areas I mentioned, but in your interviews I’d definitely speak to teaching to high/rigorous standards, getting X% results on student achievement data, awards you earned, etc. Sorry if you’ve already done all this & nothing I’m saying is helpful. Just wanted to share my insights from the hiring side in case it illuminates anything helpful for you. Feel free to message me with any other thoughts/questions. 
  • @keikilove thank you. I know exactly what you are talking about. I can PM you later tomorrow with some details about what I have experienced so far. 
  • This thread's happening this week (need to graduate more people! Hopefully in the next 2 cycles... looking at you / sending you ALL OF THE WISHES @emeraldduchess @legallykate @keikilove @misshelen86 @shoogapoff @bluetickgal @kiki047)

@kpearse99 I'm your you're an excellent cook / YH isn't lying to you. Congrats again on the marvelous weight loss achievements! I concur with you re: WFH is great for cooking more/better. 

@bbrahmbhatt reporting back on my HSG in my update below. 

@bluetickgal thanks for the positive vibes! I definitely felt them. ☺️ Congrats on your follies getting bigger than last time! FX this is a positive sign and that all goes well on Monday. Either way, it sounds like things are lining up for a trigger sometime next week! Yay. 

@ramzlau Congrats on being off the Bench and being BACK IN THE GAME! Good luck with all the testing. 

@inthewoods23 I hope that 2nd opinion is gonna put some wind back into your sails!!! Sometimes it's all that it takes. I have a friend who recommended me the clinic we've ended up going to because her friend had a successful IVF round there and that's after several unsuccessful ones in NY! So, a change in clinic/doctor/protocol can be the difference!

@emeraldduchess Men and paperwork. I can't handle it. I'm going to have to do all the same things you're doing. Latest was asking him to create a profile with fertility clinic so that he can receive his blood labs. I am so sorry about the job rejection. I can bet that those hormone are magnifying the experience. And what the heck does "we're going in a different direction" even mean? Grrrr. Something WILL work out. I bet lots of opportunities will come up in August, though I know it's tough to ke

@keikilove LOL. Sorry for squeezing all the info from you! LOL. I'm glad(?) that those two "follies" weren't run away follies at all. I guess it's easy to confuse follicles with cysts? I'm adding the question marks because I really dob't know. Anyway, it's a good thing they're double checking everything with blood tests and can proceed with your ER confidently! Also, holy cow that grid is both useful and intimidating. I'm not taking half of the stuff on that list. Should I?! I think I'll email the NaPro just to confirm what I'm taking is enough. 

@kiki047 Hello my Canadian friend! 🇨🇦Dang, I'm sorry your body is messing with you. I hope you get your AF with provera and can get that FET underway. Don't think about it failing! Positive thoughts only! Btw, I can't remember if you report on how the mock transfer/biospy went last week. Did you get those results right away? 

@legallykate Yay for PGT testing results (although, what's a mosaic?), and yay for AF, and yay for HSG and yay for transfer next cycle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

*** out of breath *** I hope I got everyone above! 

AFM,

I've been kinda MIA in the last few days; super busy with work, and needed a mental break from the hyper-focus on TTC leading up to my HSG yesterday, which wasn't so bad. Like... I wouldn't eagerly sign up for another one, but it was less uncomfortable than I had thought it was going to be. The best part is that nothing was blocked! Woot. So, hopefully we can move on to superovulation + IUI next cycle! Also WOOT for DTD. Haha. I've been feeling very amorous the past few days and couldn't do anything about it!

At this point, I think our dX is late luteal phase defect, but why? No idea. My TSH is too high for TTC, which apparently can be a cause. So, hopefully taking levothyroxine will help. Not sure if I should go forward with my pelvic MRI. It's currently scheduled for Aug 11, to check for adenomyosis which is a potential source of infertility. The RE said that a dx of adenomyosis won't change the protocol though, so wondering if it's worth it. It's so freaking expensive and I'm not sure if my insurance will cover, so currently checking on that. Costs in spoiler. 

Cost of pelvic MRI if billed to insurance is an ungodly $9466. My co-pay is 20% so either way, it's a lot of $$$. 
    If insurance doesn't cover it, the self-pay rate is $3137. I think it might still be worth it though to know for sure since after babies are done, if my periods are super painful (which was reason I had the u/s back in 2016 which showed suspicion of adenomyosis) I might need to have a hysterectomy. 

Also, DH and I went to get the last of our RE-ordered blood tests for him and that was an "exciting" trip to say the least. Posting the details in spoiler since I've already talked about it in WTO daily. 

Now, excitement of the day: DH and I went to get our remaining blood tests done (before IUI hopefully next cycle) and, well, DH has always told me he’s afraid of needles and in fact getting him to go to a doctor is about as likely COVID being over by August. Anyways, he PASSED OUT! 😱😱😱 And that’s after a bout of seizing and making ungodly noises. Scariest thing ever for me. I got called in/did my tests first and was patiently waiting for him in the waiting room when the phlebotomist called my name again. I rushed over and saw it all happen. He was so pale and clammy and sweaty. Anyways, after a while he came to and the 2 phlebotomists took him to the back area and had him lie down for 5-10 min while he recovered. 

They didn't get all the vials they needed out of him, but the phlebotomist seemed to think they could make do with what they got. I hope and pray that he doesn't have to go in again. 🙏🏻

As a treat, he ruined his Whole30 streak by eating a frozen pizza for lunch. I felt so bad for him, so I couldn't say anything. Although I felt pretty bad since he's been doing so well and losing the stubborn weight he hasn't been able to lose! 

Final update is that I got all of the results that the NaPro doctor ordered. A few interesting / confusing things:

1. My 6DPO progesterone was 15 this time, up from 6.97 last month. I've been doing seed-cycling and taking melatonin and both are supposed to help with that. Now I'm wondering if I should just keep doing that, or if I should take progesterone supplements as both OB and RE have said (RE said to take 200mg AM and 200mg PM). 
    2. My 9DPO progesterone was at 4.5; not surprising since AF started that evening. Hence definitely a diagnosis of LPD. Estrogen was super low too. Once again, not suprising. 
    3. MTHFR... holy hell this one's confusing. Apparently I have C677T and A1298C. What does that mean? What should I ask my doctor? The PNV I take has folate, not folic acid. 
    4. @keikilove this might be one for you. My Vit D came back at 33. It's above the lowest point of the range (30), but the NaPro stated it's too low. 
    5. Cortisol came back at 9, which is below any range, but NaPro said it's too high, and claimed I'm stressed. I looked online and that seems like a fine number to me. Measurement taken 1s thing in the morning. 

Anyways, all other tests came back normal. I've got a few more tests to do for NaPro (3 E2 tests during my FW: one before peak, one at peak, and one after peak) and then she'll make a plan for me. She's already hinted that it'll be Letrazole / Clomid. At the same time, plan with RE would be to do super-ovulation + IUI as early as next month. So, I'm not sure what to do. 

The only testing left for us is genetic carrier screening spit test which is a mail-in kind of thing. 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022

• @acleverusername wow, that's quite an update! I am so glad that the HSG wasn't as uncomfortable as you anticipated and that nothing is blocked. I hope your DH is feeling better after passing out. I have a similar reaction to needles/medical triggers sometimes. It's called vasovagal syncope and it can be scary as hell. Your nerves misfire, your heart rate and blood pressure plummet, you get tunnel vision, etc. I would encourage him to request that he lie down for all blood work in the future (that's what I do, there's actually a note on my chart). His reaction is a legit medical issue and I'm sure the phlebotomist would rather have him already lying down rather than faint and get hurt during the fall.  
  • @emeraldduchess thanks for letting me know that it's an actual disorder! The phlebotomist also told me to make sure that whenever he had a blood test in the future, to make sure he is lying down. Question for you: do you react the same way to flu shots? I wonder if I need to be extra vigilant when DH has one of those too. 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022

• edited August 2020
    @acleverusername I do OK with shots, actually. Maybe because there's really no blood involved and the needles are smaller? I think with shots they're also much faster than getting blood drawn so you have less time to think about it. 
    ETA make sure he drinks a lot of water and has something to eat before a blood draw (unless they tell him he needs to fast before it, like a cholesterol test). If you're hydrated it's much easier!
  • @acleverusername I'm glad the HSG wasn't as bad as you anticipated, and even more glad that it was normal! Hmm, some of those are confusing. Is your RE having you do supplements? How long is your LP, if you don't mind my asking.