Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Thursday 7/30

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Thursday 7/30

• kadeephdkadeephd member
    edited July 2020
    Good morning!

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 18 (I downloaded the premom app yesterday and realized I had been counting wrong.) 

WAYDTGKU: opks, tracking cm, hio

R/R: I woke up last night with a stomachache and just couldn't get back to sleep.  Still not feeling great but must forge ahead because...

CS/Q: I got a blazing opk this morning!  I tested three times yesterday and they were all faint so it kinda came out of nowhere.  As I mentioned, I downloaded the premom app and put in my typical cycle length as 32 days, which I kinda pulled out of nowhere but it sounds about right, and it estimated I'd ovulate in 2 days based on that cycle length.  We haven't hio since Sunday night so must find time to do it ASAP.  Hopefully we didn't miss the window since I tested at 10pm last night and it was negative.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kadeephd Good luck with the positive OPK! I hope you have a good night :) 

Month/Cycle: 1/1 of actually trying AL

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: Getting back into tracking, planning OPKs but I need to order some more

R/R: My state has spiking COVID cases and there has been talk of possibly getting sent to work in the hospital, so I am crossing my fingers that does not happen. If it does, I am planning to put off trying this month and I don't want to have to put anything off.

CS/Q: I told myself I need to get back into temping, but so far it is day 2 and I have not taken a temp yet. Oops! I am pretty sure though that temps during AF aren't really going to matter. 

• Loading the player...
  • @kadeephd yay positive OPK! Definitely get a HIO session in today!

Month/Cycle: 37/27

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: HIO, supplements, GF and DF diet, temping, OPKs, and a 2nd and maybe 3rd opinion

R/R: I submitted a contact form yesterday for a different clinic to get a 2nd/3rd opinion. Hopefully they call me back so we can get something set up. I think DH also asked his coworker for their doctor that they used (also for a 2nd opinion). I'm feeling better now that we're doing things in parallel. I just want a f*cking kid before 2021 ends.

CS/Q: nothing exciting yet

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @fitzfizz I'm so sorry for your loss.  I hope you don't get sent to work in a hospital right now.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @fitzfizz FX you won't have to put trying off. You should be good as long as you start temping back up around the time AF ends (or like CD7 if your periods are short I suppose). Mine are still a bit high being CD3 today. It is what it is.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @kadeephd FORGE AHEAD! glad you got the positive OPK!

@fitzfizz hopefully you don't need to go into the hospital! and yeah i think its okay to start in a few days~

@inthewoods23 hopefully you get some good reccos and some good 2nd/3rd opinions to work off of!

Month/Cycle: 7/7 AL

CD: 10...i should probably start OPKS

WAYDTGKU: prenatals, CoQ10, temping, OPKs, conceive +

R/R: today my big work project kicks off and i CANNOT wait until 530pm when its all over!  tonight's wine will be under the category of 'celebratory' and not 'coping'for the first time in a week lol.  otherwise WFH today and trying to get things done here too

CS/Q: 

• @kadeephd sorry you’re not feeling great but YAY for a positive OPK!!

@fitzfizz ughhh I hope you don’t have to go into the hospital! 

@inthewoods23 I hope that you’re able to move forward quickly with getting some second opinions!

@asf0613 yay for the celebratory wine tonight!!

Month/Cycle: 9/8 (safe to say these don’t match anymore)

CD: 27

WAYDTGKU: temping, tracking CM, OPKs, PNV, baby aspirin, progesterone after O (?)

R/R: So after my OPK this morning being the exact same as all the rest of them this week, I’ve decided to stop testing twice a day because I’m totally burning through them. The past few cycles I’ve caught my surge in the morning anyway, and I’m stressing myself out over when I’m “allowed” to drink/not drink water. I called my RE’s office this morning, and the nurse that I talked to kinda just brushed it off saying that I might just be having a longer cycle. She thinks it could be related to starting the levothyroxine, which I started on CD20. Ughhhh, she pretty much said that if I haven’t O’d by next week when I have my consult with my RE to talk about test results he will probably bring me in for bloodwork.

CS/Q: right back to the flat temps

• @runningoncookies i am so frustrated for you!  another week is a long time to wait.  hopefully O comes sooner
  • @asf0613 thanks, I’m really hoping it comes sooner too. I’m worried that it’s going to end up being an an-O cycle, which I suspect I’ve had in the past but not since we started TTGP. Just so annoying to not know what’s going on! I’m still hoping my body gets it together but at this point idk if we’d even have a chance this month. I’m getting sick of HIO EOD!
  • kvh22kvh22 member
    @kadeephd yay for a positive OPK! How was the premom app's timing different than what you were doing? Also, premom seems to put O 14 days before AF no matter what so was super off for me when I just put all of my data in. I admittedly didn't have OPKs which it's optimized for, I imagine. But my LP was 19 days last month so it estimated my O to be super late for this month.

@runningoncookies ugh so frustrating! I hope it's not an-O and you get your positive OPK any day now and don't need that bloodwork in a week.

@fitzfizz sorry to see you here 💕 I temp vaginally so don't temp during AF unless it's super light and I realllllly want more data 😂 I tried to do it this month b/c I never got a temp drop before AF and was curious how it came down. Last cycle I think I started 4-5 days before I O'ed b/c I had to find my thermometer and had been TTA b/c of getting an MMR booster. In hindsight, I wish I'd started at CD7 even though we weren't allowed to be TTC until a week later than that (I O'ed on CD19).

@asf0613 Enjoy! 🍾🥂

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 18

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPKs, PNVs+, CM, HIO ED

R/R: ugh I. Just want a temp spike already 😂 I made zucxhini bread last night and it's delicious 🤤 we might get through the loaf today. I have bananas that are turning brown so I might make banana bread.

CS/Q: I'm going to go lurk the TWW threads to get an idea but I'm just like 🤔 over no temp spike today. I suppose I could ovulate 48hrs after my peak which would be right now. I just feel like we need to keep HIO until my spike just in case and I'm over it lol.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Good morning ladies!

@kadeephd yay for positive OPK! FX for perfect timing!

@fitzfizz I'm so sorry for your loss. Hopefully you don't get called into the hospital.

@inthewoods23 that's great you are working in tandem now. FX you get some positive consultations with more options. 

@asf0613 I'm CD11, we are almost cycle buddies! Good luck on the work project today!

@runningoncookies ugh that is SO frustrating! I hope you O soon and won't need the bloodwork. 

@kvh22 FX mmm banana bread!  FX that you get that beautiful spike soon!

Month/Cycle: 13/11

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, OPKs, timing, tracking CM, first cycle of Clomid

R/R: Still no EWCM yet and OPK negative yesterday. I usually ovulate on day 17-19, but my OB was pretty adamant that I should O around day 14 on Clomid. Hopefully start seeing some cm changes tomorrow. 

CS/Q: Nope

• @kvh22 I just wasn't counting days correctly.  I knew my period started 7/13 and somehow managed to be a day off on what CD it was.  Premom corrected me.  I didn't expect Premom to necessarily have a good prediction of my O since my cycle length varies and I don't know how long my LP is, but I thought it was auspicious that with the estimated cycle length I put in, Premom estimated I'd ovulate tomorrow, and I just got a positive opk this morning.

@asf0613 Congrats and enjoy that wine tonight!

@runningoncookies Sorry your O is taking forever this cycle.  Hope it comes soon.

@inthewoods23 I hope you can get appointments set up soon to 2nd/3rd opinions.

When do I move over to TWW?  Tomorrow?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kadeephd fingers crossed you caught the window!

@fitzfizz hope you don't get sent to the hospital! I think starting temping a few days in is fine. 

@inthewoods23 glad you are getting some other opinions. I hope they have some new answers.

@asf0613 Enjoy that glass of wine tonight! Sounds like you'll have earned it!

@runningoncookies I'm sorry you are not getting helpful responses from your doctor's office. :-(

@kvh22 come on temp spike!

Month/Cycle: 3/3?

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: HIO, CM/CP, BBT

R/R: glad things are returning to normal. Hoping this is a straight forward cycle after all of the confusion earlier in July. I had some hair shedding in the shower this morning, which sounds gross, but is pretty normal for me. Looking back for much of July I had not. I had thought is was probably due to the prenatal vitamins, but maybe my hormones were out of wack. Hoping this is a sign things are just returning to normal. I was watching Good Bones last night on HGTV and the main person is 35 and dealing with fertility issues, so of course my anxiety went up since at 36 I am considered AMA. I know this is silly because many women my age and old have children with no problem, but of course my mind immediately went there. 

CS/Q: change in CP, so I am hoping that I will see a temperature spike in the next week or so. This will hopefully be my first normal cycle that I temp.

~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• kvh22kvh22 member
    @kadeephd, oh yea, if you have a 14day LP, it'll be spot on without any history/OPKs. Definitely helpful when the predicition lines up.

@DoubleUp8 FX for a straightforward cycle! Were you watching an older episode of Good Bones? I actually have only seen one episode but have followed her journey. Or maybe they haven't had any new episodes b/c of Covid.

• @kvh22 The episodes are new, but the were obviously recorded pre-COVID when they could all be together. I know she is pregnant now from their social media, but I haven't read any spoilers on how she finally becomes pregnant with her second. 

~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• @kvh22 yum to all the breads! Hopefully you get your temp spike tomorrow!

@bbrahmbhatt hopefully you start to see those changes and O soon!!

@kadeephd I move to the TWW boards whenever I’m sure that I O’d! It seems like based on your OPKs you’d be safe to head over tomorrow or for sure by the next day!

@DoubleUp8 I’m glad it’s looks like it’s shaping up to be a normal cycle for you!
  • kvh22kvh22 member
    @kadeephd I forgot to mention this in my first response. I move over to TWW when I have a temp spike and/or FF confirms O. This is my first cycle using OPKs effectively (tried once before when my cycles *had* been really long and completely missed my LH surge) and I'm 48+ hours past my peak with no temp spike yet so idk what I'll do tmrw if it doesn't spike. My one hesitation with moving over to TWW before my temp spike (based solely on OPKs) is that you, in theory, can have an LH surge without ovulating. Since I still act like I'm potentially fertile, I stay over in WTO. BUT that's just me and my sometimes-long-very-unpredictable cycles