Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 7.27

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Previous pregnancy experiences may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for?

Month/Cycle?

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

Rant/Rave?

GTKY: What is something you can do this week to de-stress?
TTC History- *TW* LC
Me: 24 Dh: 46
Married: 10.2018
DS #1: 06.2014
Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

Re: TFAS w/o 7.27

• kvh22kvh22 member
    What number are you trying for? #3

Month/Cycle? 2/2

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 3 in a few weeks (!), 14months

Any thoughts about this cycle? We're HIO every day and my OPKs are getting higher. After having a shorter FP than expected last cycle after my first postpartum period, we had questionable timing. It should be much better this cycle so we shall see.

Any questions? For those BFing and/or having kids closer together, did you get any blood work done or taking anything specific to try to rebuild nutrients depleted during pregnancy/bf?

Rant/Rave? I am really feeling th constant mess. I used to be able to straighten or put clothes away during work calls (like all hands, webinars, etc.) An hour or two a week while working from home and actually paid better attention than if I was sitting down distracted by emails. It was so nice. DD1 dropped her nap about a month or two into SIP so we're dead tired by the end of the day with work and 2 young kids so it's spiraling. I'm clearing out closet space to organize more of the toddler's toys and craft supplies (that I guilt purchased mostly from Amazon once daycare stopped 3.5 months ago). 2 adults working from home with 2 kids under 3 in less than 1,000sqft w/ no backyard is TOUGH! DD1 starts daycare part time next week since I have a virtual "off-site" planning meeting 5hts each day but DD2 will be home so my coworkers are going to see a lot of her 😂 I'm the only one in my team with young kids. A few have 10yo and one guy has a 6 or 7yo but also a SAHW. Everyone else's kids are older. We have specific drop off/pick up times (8:40-9 and 12-12:30) and I'm already in my meetings for all of them so idk how DH is going to do it but I might have to tell my boss I'm taking a few of the early sessions in the car b/c this isn't really possible for a two working parent household during corona. It'll be fine, just sucks to be the only one having this conflict.

GTKY: What is something you can do this week to de-stress? I'm going to try to prioritize exercise.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• What number are you trying for? #2!

Month/Cycle? Month 8/Cycle 9

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 2.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? It’s our last cycle before I talk to my doctor about bloodwork and next steps so I’m just trying to focus on not stressing too much (ha! Right.). I ended up on Clomid for 3 cycles last time so that will likely be the next step after bloodwork (assuming they are allowing it during COVID) but I’m trying not to think too far ahead.

Any questions? Nope!

Rant/Rave? None this week. 

GTKY: What is something you can do this week to de-stress? I want to start walking in the mornings before it gets too hot. I haven’t been active for months and I know I’ll feel more like myself if I start doing something!
  • Loading the player...
  • What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 2/2

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 15 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? Timing was really good, OPK was really dark, I’m cautiously optimistic! :-)

Any questions? Nope!

Rant/Rave? I totally f’ed up temping this morning, of course at 2dpo so I don’t think I’ll be able to for sure confirm O this cycle, but everything else my body is doing is telling me I did, so I’ll just have to rely on that. Oh, and I finished my master bath vanity project today! Flooring company comes tomorrow to quote new flooring for our main level and master bath. I’m so ready!

GTKY: What is something you can do this week to de-stress? My house feels like a constant pig style and I’m over it! Its a major cause of stress in my life. So, I’m on a purge spree and have been selling things and decluttering left and right. I’m ready to make this house feel like a home again! 
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @kvh22 definitely take prenatal vitamins if you aren't already. As far as labs are concerned, I wouldn't worry about that too much unless your cycles are or become SUPER irregular OR you've hit the 6/12 month milestone depending on your age. I definitely feel you with the work call/kids conflict. I have a full week of virtual residency (meetings 8am-5pm, sometimes later every day) at the end of next month and I'm still trying to figure out the logistics on it. It really sucks. Hang in there and know that you're not alone!
    @gusgus14 Definitely try not to stress too much. I'm sorry you've been down this road before, but on the plus side you know a bit of what to expect! Is Clomid the one that has a lifetime cycle limit on it? Would they consider Femara instead once you hit that? Fingers crossed you get answers soon!
    @chindimples04 What does your chart look like? I'd mark your 2dpo temp as abnormal and if there's a general upward trend from there I'd be fairly confident you O'ed. I really want to see photos of your bathroom project once it's done! (I'm a sucker for a good renovation)

What number are you trying for? 3
    Month/Cycle? 6/waiting for 6 (unbenched) 
    WTO/TWW? WFAF (still) 
    Ages of other child(ren)? 2, 6
    Any thoughts about this cycle? I want it to end? I'm calling my ObGyn in the morning (they open in about 4.5 hours and my insomnia is awful). I was going to wait until tomorrow but I'm 13 days post Provera with no breakthrough bleeding. I at least want to get some labs done to check hormone levels and talk to my ObGyn about next steps. 
    Any questions? Nope
    Rant/Rave? My head has been killing me for a week and I'm still stuck in cycle limbo but other than that things are going well. Two weeks left of my grad semester and I'm KILLING it. Hopefully I'll get my grade back on one of my term papers by the end of the week. The rest of my grades have been fabulous which I'm so happy about. I hope to have the second term paper done by Friday too so I can enjoy my weekend. Fingers crossed!! 
    GTKY: What is something you can do this week to de-stress? I'm in the process of making my last 30 keychains for an event that's supposed to happen in late September (I've made 170 so far) . Even if it doesn't happen making them is soothing and I can roll them over into next year! 
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section

• chindimples04chindimples04 member
    edited July 2020
    @ashaislurking how freaking annoying! Can they do another round of provera? I’m not sure how that all works. I’m so sorry your STILL in limbo! I put today’s chart in the spoiler. I had a temp rise today compared to Sunday, my cervix was firm and closed yesterday, and my LH is still super low, so I’m fairly confident calling it. We’ll see what tomorrow brings! ETA: I put pictures of the vanity in randoms. 

@gusgus14 im so sorry you’re struggling. Hoping for success this cycle so you don’t need to go down that road again.

@kvh22 my midwife said the PNV was plenty enough for TTC while breastfeeding. That and a well balanced diet. 

Chart in spoilers

TTC History

• @chindimples04 Even with the wonky temps they're still obviously on the up trend. As far as my cycle, not getting breakthrough bleeding after a Provera challenge is more likely indicative of a problem with my estrogen levels (which is why they'd likely bring me in for labs) so doing a second Provera challenge without supplementing with estrogen (which is usually a 21 day round of estrogen with Provera on days 17-21) likely wouldn't yield different results. This is all from things that I've read and picked up on from friends who have been through this though because I've NEVER had this much of an issue with my cycles so I'm very curious to hear what my ObGyn has to say.
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• @ashaislurking yes, the number seems to depend on the doctor but generally I think it’s 6 cycles in a lifetime? I haven’t brought it up to my doctor yet so I’m not sure if she’ll want to try another go with clomid since I had success on it last time or switch to femara. I’d be comfortable maxing out clomid but we’ll see what happens. My appointment is in a couple of weeks and I’m not out this cycle yet so fingers crossed!
  • kvh22kvh22 member
    @ashaislurking I was thinking more for nutrients you'd depelete that you'd need if you got pregnant vs. labs for whether TTC is impacted. @chindimples04 my GP tested my iron and vitamin D levels and I was at the low end of normal for both - which is fine for a regular person but not if you get pregnant - so supplementing a little (was already doing a lot to increase dietary iron and became anemic during both pregnancies - and I have fair skin so need sunscreen). I'm also taking choline since I don't eat eggs every day and most PNVs only have 10% of the RDV. I've been pregnant or BF (or both for 4+ months) the past 3.5+ years which takes a lot out of you nutritionally. In hindsight, I wish I'd asked to be tested for MTHFR but I'm taking PNVs with folate instead of folic acid just in case (but it's $$$)

@ashaislurking ugh I'm so frustrated by your cycle I can only imagine how you're feeling. It sounds like you're doing all the right things and advocating for yourself. Sorry about the insomnia but I hope you got through to your OB. And great job this semester!!!

@gusgus14 walks in the morning would be sooooo nice! Hopefully you don't need to go back to your OB but glad you have a plan! Now im tempted to put my coffee in a to go cup and get my girls in the wagon for a walk before I start working (west coast over here).

• @kvh22 do it! I missed my opportunity today (way too hot and humid already) but might try to do some sort of short workout video or something later after work.
  • kvh22kvh22 member
    @gusgus14 I did it! It was so nice. Just what they needed, too. I hope it helps the day go a bit more smoothly. Mondays and Tuesdays are our crazy days for work meetings so they're a bit more "free range" on those days😂

• Just an update for me, I talked to my ObGyn this week and we're holding out one more week before doing any sort of testing to be totally sure this round didn't work. I'm definitely not holding my breath for AF to start between now and then. 
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• @ashaislurking I’m so frustrated for you. Wasn’t she due like...4 weeks ago? I feel like that is sufficient enough of a waiting period. 🙄 I’m sorry.
    TTC History

• @chindimples04 She was due 6/22. I have no idea what my body is doing this cycle.
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• kadeephdkadeephd member
    edited July 2020

@chindimples04 I feel like I'm on a constant quest to de-clutter and still somehow surrounded by clutter.  It's a lifelong battle with stuff.

@ashaislurking Frustrating about your period but wtg with the school work!  It's always empowering to feel on top of it.

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 1/1

WTO/TWW? WTO, CD 16

Ages of other child(ren)? 20 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? Just hoping to O soon.  I am already exhausted by trying to have sex so often and we just started.  I started having EWCM (a little bit) like last Thursday but still no positive OPK.  Idk how people with kid(s) maintain this for months and months.  Maybe next month if I temp I'll have a better idea of when to time sex so I won't feel like we need to hio every other day (not that we've even been managing it that often tbh).

Any questions? none right now

Rant/Rave? My son is taking two naps today, praise be. 

GTKY: What is something you can do this week to de-stress?  This is a good question.  Does a daily bowl of ice cream count?  If so I'm crushing this de-stressing thing.  I am cutting myself some slack in the exercise department because 1) I lost my bike helmet and need to buy a new one 2) It is ten million degrees outside even at 7am 3) We don't have daycare and I'm tired all the time.  I know it would make me feel better to exercise, but I just haven't managed it lately. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • kvh22kvh22 member
    @kadeephd Not having daycare is killing me!!! DD1 starts part time next week b/c I have 5 hour meetings in the morning and DH has always had 3 or so hours of calls in the mornings. I'm torn on whether to keep sending her after that or not. DD2's room isn't open still but it'd be a lot more manageable with just one at home. My company puts on a huge conference which is the end of September this year and I'm the lead for our team so have 4 extra meetings almost EVERY DAY in preparation for it already plus tons of extra work. DD1 turns 3 in a few weeks and I'd been doing a lot of good preschool play based activities with her and it's become impossible now. Idk what to do. My kids have been very free range these past few weeks but at least they have each other and have gotten much better at independent play. Finding time to do something for me is so hard so I've just been saying F it and running in the heat (with the jogging stroller) which DD1 LOVES. I figure if she's happy and I get my workout in, I can deal with the heat but it's not ideal. Also, we have 2 kids under 3 and last cycle's timing was crap so I told myself we'd do every day this cycle and it is TOUGH! We are just so tired by the time we go to bed and, ngl, I'm touched out some days and have to force it. DH would DTD every single day of his life if I was game, though. If that doesn't work this cycle, idk what my plan will be but I was really discouraged last cycle with how poor our timing was - especially since I have long cycles (last one was 38 days with a 19 day FP and LP each).

• @kvh22 I have no idea how you are managing all that!  I've read you can do every other day and it's really not much less likely to get you pregnant since sperm can live like 5 days anyway.  Last time I got pregnant it was after having sex on a Monday and getting a positive opk on a Thursday.  We are only doing about once every 3 days which probably isn't great, but that's why I'm trying to watch for my O so I can try to be sure we have done it recently or do it right away when I catch it coming.  I tend to have longer cycles too, but I'd rather it take a while than have sex every day at this point.  I just can't muster the energy/enthusiasm to do it every day.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • kvh22kvh22 member
    @kadeephd yea I think it doesn't increase the odds that much to do ED but I figure every little bit counts and I can manage. But I just figured out OPKs (kind of) this cycle so that's a good point. Next cycle I'd probably switch to EOD. We conceived with ED timing in the past so I don't think DH had any issues to be concerned about (which is when EOD is definitely better). I've O'ed on CD14 before so thought I might do that this month as I regulate (it was CD19 last month) so we started early. I'm sitting here tapping my foot waiting for my temp spike so we can take a break 😂

• @kvh22 yes! We started EOD timing on CD8 this cycle as I was hoping to regulate more and get closer to my old O day around CD13-14. 🙄 Well, I didn’t happen until CD19 this cycle (17 last cycle). So. Much. HIO. 🤣 We were both done by the time +1 rolled around and just skipped it
    TTC History

• The cycle that never ends keeps getting better. I have an extremely painful 2.4cm cyst on my right ovary. 😑😑
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• @ashaislurking seriously, f*ck this cycle! 
    TTC History

• @chindimples04 I'm honestly so mad. I just want it to be over. 
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• @ashaislurking ugh I'm so sorry!
  • kvh22kvh22 member
    @ashaislurking oh no! That sucks. Are they putting you on anything to shrink it or just letting it run it's course. Also, does that mean you O'ed on that side or are you prone to cysts/it's there for another reason?

DH and I organized the girls' toys last night and they played SO MUCH BETTER today with less in their face. It was actually amazing. I'd been slowly pulling things out but didn't remove enough for it to not be a disaster after 5 mins still. I moved our coats out of our living room closet and put some clothes organizers in there and filled those with toys that I can rotate. We're in a small apartment we never meant to be in this long but are trying to move across the country soon so I don't want to buy any more storage. I'm hoping this helps us keep up with the organizing. And DD1 starting daycare part time Monday might help.

• @kvh22 we don't know the cause of the cyst, especially with me being at a weird point of my cycle. It could be hormonal, we're not sure. I don't usually get cysts aside from VERY occasional ones that are really small and don't cause pain. If my pain isn't better by Monday I'll get in for a repeat ultrasound to check the size again. 
    TTC History- *TW* LC