Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Wednesday 7.29

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: WTO Wednesday 7.29

• Month/Cycle: 37/27

CD: 2 (yes you read that right)

WAYDTGKU: all the wrong things apparently, considering a 2nd opinion with a different RE

R/R: work yesterday got a little hectic in the afternoon so that stressed me out, then AF decided to show up around the end of the work day - a day EARLY. Booooo 👎 I just don't feel like I can do this anymore even though I know it's only been a few months of trying with this diet. It's so hard. Shed a million tears yesterday... I am not having a good time right now.

CS/Q: temps are dropping to their pre-O state.

*TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • gingermama29gingermama29 member
    edited July 2020
    @inthewoods23 noooo. I'm so sorry friend. Sending hugs 💕

Month/Cycle: 14/8

CD: 27

WAYDTGKU: WFAF

R/R: sorry i missed you all yesterday. It was not a good mental health day for me. My district released it's plan for the year and it has is going back in person full time 5 days a week. I had a full out panic attack immediately after reading the email and several more throughout the evening. I'm trying to wrap my head around this and struggling hard with the decision that been made. Things could still change if our governor says schools can't reopen. My principal is looking at a trimester schedule too to reduce exposure but I'm freaking out.

Edited to add that masks are required and they are ensuring social distancing measures.

CS/Q: 
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh @inthewoods23 I’m so so sorry for AF.

@gingermama29 ugh! Sorry for the work-related stress! I can’t believe that they’re planning to go back full time! Right now our district is planning for a hybrid schedule where 50% of the school is in person 2 days each per week. A logistical scheduling nightmare but we will see what it ends up looking like!

Month/Cycle: 8/8

CD: 26

WAYDTGKU: temping, tracking CM, OPKs, PNV, baby aspirin, progesterone after O

R/R: It’s my last busy work day of the summer! I’m pretty much going nonstop from now until 4, but then tomorrow is our last day of summer school and should be a pretty easy day. Then next week is just for wrapping up some loose ends and attending a couple meetings. Then a few weeks of relaxing and pretending September isn’t going to be stressful!

CS/Q: honestly I’m just so over this cycle. My OPKs aren’t even close to positive and they’re not getting any darker. I’m wondering if my hysteroscopy messed with my O, which doesn’t make me excited for the probable HSG next cycle. Ugh. Come on body, get it together already!!!

• @inthewoods23 I'm sorry :(

@gingermama29 I don't really get how schools are going to be able to do the social distancing thing.  How is there enough space?

@runningoncookies Is it possible you did O but just missed it on the opks?  Sorry if that is a noob question.  I'm wondering if I could have missed mine too or maybe I'm just having a longer cycle.

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: opks, tracking cm, hio

R/R:

CS/Q: 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @gingermama29 ugh, I can't believe you will need to go back full time! We need to be minimizing physical contact. Part of me wonders if the schools that are opting for full time in class don't have the proper equipment, training, or setup to be able to host classes online. I know for some schools in our area, they were just done back in March. There wasn't even teaching online because they weren't using any online tools nor were set up for anything like that. The kids at our high school all get Chromebooks so they've had the capability to do online learning.

@runningoncookies hope you can get some good relaxation in next month before school. I'm sure that will be a challenge though! When did you have your hysteroscopy? Was that during this cycle or the last one?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • bows22bows22 member
    Lurking from TWW

@inthewoods23 I’m so sorry you are back over here ❤️

@gingermama29  My MIL is a teacher and between worrying about her and also worrying about whether we should see her once school starts, I’m having so much anxiety. I can’t even imagine how you must be feeling. I’m sorry your district is letting you down ❤️
  • @kadeephd since I’m temping I can actually tell for sure that I haven’t O’d yet! So when you O your bbt increases and stays high. Mine is still squarely in the pre-O temp range. I’m actually super glad that I temp when weird stuff like this happens so I know I’m not going totally crazy. It’s nice to have the extra data sometimes. 

@inthewoods23 so it was CD11 of this cycle. I’m realizing now that I probably should’ve asked my RE when I was there if it could impact ovulation, but it makes sense to me that it could make things a little wonky. 
  • @runningoncookies hmm, wish I could help! My hysteroscopy was during a cycle of BC before the stims for our transfer so I didn't have to worry about ovulation.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 ugh, that sucks about AF. I'm sorry it's been a rough couple of days, especially since it was early and you weren't even expecting it. Sending you virtual hugs. 

@gingermama29 and @runningoncookies this whole mess is so stressful! MH is a teacher and they are a unit district, which makes it even harder. He has been having twice weekly meetings about what should be done, and they're no closer to a solution. He's spent all summer converting all his preps to an e-learning platform, but it seems like the board wants to be back to full time in the classroom. 

Month/Cycle: 13/11

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, OPKs, tracking CM, timing, finished our first cycle of Clomid

R/R: Its our anniversary this weekend, which *should* correspond to O day if the Clomid worked as advertised, so I am hoping that is a good omen. 

CS/Q:  Not yet. 

• asf0613asf0613 member
    edited July 2020

@inthewoods23 sorry for CD2 and for the stress of this all.  i guess it never gets easier.  internet hugs!

@gingermama29 WOW surprised to hear that schedule.  I guess a lot can happen between then and now but i certainly understand the stress.  hopefully something shifts so its more palatable

@runningoncookies i hear ya on being "over" a cycle.  that was me last month.  who knows, O ould be right around the corner! FX!

@bbrahmbhatt sounds like a good omen to me! hopefully you guys can make it special

Month/Cycle: 7/7AL

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: prenatals, CoQ10, opks, temping, conceive+

R/R: finally talked to doc yesterday and she said all looked good so next step is CD21 testing (or the equivalent CD) for progesterone.  im glad nothing is wrong but we shall see soon!  in the office currently and tying up some loose ends for a big project that happens tomorrow.  then i'll be able to breathe a bit

CS/Q: not pretty yet.  actually i take that back, it looks like the big dipper, but too lazy to post it

• and a tag from yesterday so i dont resurrect:

@acleverusername no, we have not even touched on that subject yet of SA.  my mentality on that is i will do my progesterone testing first, then we wait 2-3 more cycles and then i will bring that up.
  • @bbrahmbhatt hopefully it lines up perfectly!!

@asf0613 I’m so glad that everything seems good! Hopefully the CD21 tests are just as good. 
  • kvh22kvh22 member
    edited July 2020
    @asf0613 lol now I want to see your chart!

@inthewoods23 ugh, sorry to see you here.

@gingermama29 OMG I'm sorry about the district's decision. Did you say which state you were in? NBD if you don't want to share, that just feels crazy but where I am in CA is pretty cautious (relatively speaking). My sister is applying for an OT position at the school district where I grew up on the east coast and they haven't made a decision. Numbers aren't bad there so I'm a little worried she'll be in person, but it'd be part time to start if she gets it (she did not graduate/pass her boards at a very good time for finding work - got her official letter that she passed the same week $H!T hit the fan in mid-March and didn't even have anywhere open to send her letter to to get her official license for another month+). It's crazy the situation teachers are put into right now, especially with little/no consideration for any health concerns that might put them more at risk.

@runningoncookies I'm sorry that O is taking it's damn time but feel the same about being glad I temp when my cycles get wonky like that. Hopefully that's the pre-o dip I was talking about yesterday (which I don't have this cycle - yet at least - and I know you normally don't get) and you get a + OPK today!

@bbrahmbhatt that would be FABULOUS timing for O! ;) 

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPKs, PNVs+, CM, HIO ED (which is getting exhausting)

R/R: Peak OPK yesterday morning, high last night, back down a bit this morning. So last night I started having this pain in my lower left abdomen. This happens a few times a year but never while TTC (and first cycle using OPKs). The reason I know it's on the left side is b/c I always look up which side your appendix is on (and then always forget) and it's never on that side :D I'm super curious if this has always been ovulation pain. On the positive side, DH and I sat out on the porch last night and read and it was soooooo nice and relaxing. We usually watch TV which I also enjoy but he recently got a kindle and I've found some books for him in kindle unlimited that he's really enjoyed. I love to read and he's a slow reader so not as avid as me and this is such a big change for him. He took about 4 years to read the GOT series. He enjoyed them, just reads slowly and gets discouraged which slow progress in such big books. I'm hoping to make this a new thing we can do a few times a week in the evenings.

CS/Q: lol just waiting for a temp shift over here. I'm kicking myself for not doing OPKs sooner b/c I want to know how long after my peak I'll get that spike and confirm O.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @kvh22 it looks like the dipper!

also kudos to you for ED.  DH could nevah!

• Thanks ladies! Lets hope the stars are all aligned for an anniversary ovulation day <3

@asf0613 FX for normal CD21 equivalent labs!  

@kvh22 I usually have either left or right sided pain that corresponds to ovulation.  It's been pretty regular for me. The first time it happened to me was in college, and it was on the right that time so they thought I had appendicitis lol. 

• @inthewoods23 oh no! I am so sorry. Sending virtual hugs

@bbrahmbhatt Happy almost anniversay! I hope it is a lucky one!

@asf0613 glad you are going to have some slower time at your work. I hope the testing gives you some answers.

@kvh22 reading on the porch sounds lovely! We had a big front porch on our first house and it is the one thing I would change about our current house.

*I'm sorry I have been MIA since last week. I had a family member going into surgery on Monday, and we went to the lake for a relaxing long weekend before a 4 hour procedure and overnight in the hospital. Things went smoothly and I am so glad to be back home with COVID being at the hospital was extra stressful.*

Month/Cycle: 3/3?

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: HIO, CM/CP, BBT

R/R: Still spotting some. DH keeps saying I should call my doctor, I keep telling him spotting for a while after isn't unusual. I think part of it is he has never had a reason to pay much attention to spotting and the length during my cycle before now  :D I'm sure some of it is just the over night at the hospital on the awful pullout chair bed and the regular wake-ups when the nurse came in and out. I went to bed before 9 last night and plan to do the same tonight. Hoping my body gets the message and I start to see signs of pending O in CM/CP. 

CS/Q: Chart is looking ok, definitely fluctuating around an average range. Hoping I see a spike from O in the next 7-10 days :-)

~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• Catching up with tags. Mental health today is still not great. I'm feeling very numb about everything.

@runningoncookies sorry for such a frustrating cycle. Glad you'll get some relaxation time before the insanity starts up soon.

@kadeephd I have no idea how they think it's going to work. There was a 75 page document that accompanied our announcement detailing social distancing and masking protocols.

@inthewoods23 we have Chromebooks for every student in my district too. I was shocked by the announcement yesterday. I assumed we would be hybrid at the worst so I was completely blindsided.

@bows22 than you friend.

@bbrahmbhatt there is honestly no good solution for school in this pandemic. But I won't feel safe being back at school until there is a vaccine. Happy anniversary!! Hope you two can do something special to celebrate!

@asf0613 yeah I was pretty shocked. Glad things are looking good and slowing down for you soon!

@kvh22 I'm in NY. Cases are largely under control in NY, and we only have a handful of active cases right now which is good. But I've basically been quarantined since March and DH is the only one who shops and goes out in public. So the idea of increasing my level of exposure from 1 person to hundreds is terrifying. Your evening reading sounds amazing. Also I'm a huge GoT fan!!! Loved those books so much!!

@DoubleUp8 glad to hear things went smoothly with your family member's surgery!