Trouble TTC

TTTC Check-In July 2020

inthewoods23inthewoods23 member
edited July 2020 in Trouble TTC
Please double-check your name and confirm your Dx & Rx. Please let me know if you'd like to update your Dx & Rx! 

QOTW: What's your favorite summer meal?

Any Rants/Raves from this past week? Tell us about it!

2020 BFP Hall of Fame:

To be added to our Hall of Fame, please let us know when you are comfortable with us doing so!

PAGING:

@inthewoods23 - dx:unexplained. Rx: IVF, gluten free & dairy free diet

@chiblackhawkie - rx: IUI

@blackrose-9 - Dx: PCOS Rx: Femara

@hithertorue - Dx: Low AMH/MFI, unexplained Rx: IVF 

@2dogsmom - Dx: unexplained Rx: IVF

@sara_tory - Dx: PCOS, endometriosis, adenomyosis Rx: IUI 

@ase33 - Dx: PCOS, complex endometrial hyperplasia, amenorrhea Rx: Femara + TI 

@olivklau - Dx: unexplained Rx: IUI

@amgpg25 - Dx: Insulin Tolerance, Rx Clomid & IUI

@abarr723 - DX: PCOS, Rx Femara & IUI

@zimmie0818 - Dx polyps, Rx IUI

@Amartuso - Dx TBD 

@nina205 - RX PCOS and low morphology (hubby) Dx Fermara & Trigger

@bbrahmbhatt - Dx: unknown, Rx: weight loss, Clomid trial

*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: TTTC Check-In July 2020

• Following up from last month's thread:

@bbrahmbhatt  Welcome to the board!! I started with clomid as well, I hope it works for you! 

@nina205 sorry to hear IUI #2 didn't work, but hopeful IVF will do the trick for you. I have lots of advice at this point but here's what I would say most of all: 1) don't be afraid to ask question, there is so much to learn about it all and it's better to ask than wonder.  2) Use ice after shots, especially if they are bothering you at all. I am super sensitive to a lot of the meds and would develop welts, but ice for 15 mins solved the problem.  3) Plan to rest & drink fluids on your egg retrieval day and the day after-- lots of people do just fine and are up and moving around (@inthewoods23 was in that boat) but a lot of people need 2 days to feel better & that's okay too. The people who planned to go to work or do something that evening often push through and then stay sore longer. If you give yourself the time and then feel great, it's easy to do stuff (or fill a day off work).  
    I hope it all goes well for you!

@inthewoods23 glad to hear the GF continues to work for you -- I'll be so curious to hear if you end up able to conceive naturally. Hoping this FW is the one for you!  You still had a couple of frozen embryos right?

AFM: We did our transfer and I am anxiously awaiting my beta on 7/6. Praying our little girl is stubborn and sticks! 

QOTW: I don't have one favorite summer food, but I do love taco salads in summer, and I love watermelon! And I make some awesome vegan/GF veggie burgers that are a favorite year round but especially in the summer. 

• @2dogsmom mmm watermelon! Always a good summer choice. We still have 3 embryos. All girls though which was really hard for DH because we lost both of our boy embryos (1 didn't survive the thaw) in the failed transfer. He very much would like to pass on the surname if he can since he's the last male in his small family. That made the failure extra hard. So hopefully we can naturally conceive a boy, but I will gladly accept either naturally of course!

QOTW: can't go wrong with a good burger! Especially with corn on the cob! BBQ chicken is also great.

AFM: AF is finally on her way out today so DH and I will be hitting the sheets pretty soon 😉 it's also our anniversary tomorrow. 4 years, gosh! This year marks 13 years of being together and man can it be a roller coaster but we're still quite smitten with each other. I should credit my therapist with some of that whom I started seeing back in March. I've learned a lot about myself and have really improved my attitude which has definitely improved our relationship lately.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • Happy Anniversary! Ours is 7-7 so coming up as well!  I remembered that your dh really wanted a boy and you were out of boy embryos. If you don't get one, maybe a girl will pass on the name as a middle name or something to keep it alive. There is only one male in from my generation with my mom's family name and he is adamant that he isn't having kids (& his wife agrees) so I've thought of using that as a middle name. Good luck with this cycle, I really hope it works for you!!

I'm just over here anxiously wishing the 3 day weekend would hurry up so we can get to the beta LOL! 
  • @2dogsmom hope your beta results give you a nice anniversary gift!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • So sadly not the results we were hoping for.... we aren't 100% out yet, but it's not looking too good either.  I go back tomorrow....praying it goes up significantly by then. 
  • @2dogsmom I'm sorry you didn't get the results you were hoping for. FX for a better number tomorrow (or today I guess). You're in my thoughts ❤️
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Happy Anniversary @2dogsmom and @inthewoods23 !

@2dogsmom I'm so sorry the Beta didn't go as planned. I really hope your numbers increased today! Thinking about you! Thank you for all the IVF advice, I have been debating taking off work and I think you just pushed me over the edge. 

@inthewoods23 so glad the diet is still going well! It is going to be really interesting to see how that affects conception. I am game for anything at this point! Fingers crossed this is the month! 

@bbrahmbhatt Welcome to the group! I started on Femara, similar to Clomid. Fingers crossed that works for you! I don't have any experience with blocked tubal issues, but like @2dogsmom said luckily IVF is a solution for you. I know its alot to take in.. I recently did all of my fertility testing back in December/January. More than happy to be a resource to you! 

QOTW: ICE CREAM! Does that count as a meal LOL?

AFM: Not much going on these days. I stop taking BC for a break bleed this week and then have my doctor's appointment to go over all of my med protocol next week. Starting stims on 8/2! In other exciting news we get our new puppy on 8/15, right after my egg retrieval.. August will be crazy busy but hopefully in the best way. 
  • Hi everyone! 

@nina205 thanks for the welcome! That is great to know, it will be so nice to be able to talk to someone about this! We are just starting the process, and doing a Clomid trial. DH is doing a semen analysis as soon as we can get into the lab, and then we will see the RE. Weirdly, my cycle was off and ovulation was delayed this month, so now we have longer to wait to start Clomid. At first I was excited, but with all the failed cycles, I doubt one more natural one will make much of a difference. 

@inthewoods23 so sorry to hear about your boy embryos. Hopefully the diet changes will help with a natural conception, FX!

@2dogsmom thank you! I’m hoping as well. The pharmacist actually said “I hope you only need one script for these” today when I picked up the meds. DH thought it was weird, but I think she meant well. 

QOTW: Hmm, I’ve been making bunless turkey burgers on the grill once a week, so probably that. And ALL the summer fruits. Seems like I’m in good company on that one 😁

• @nina205 August will be here before you know it!

@bbrahmbhatt I wish I could buy a bunch of fruits, but either we completely forget about it and don't eat much of it, or there's just not enough room for that plus all the other things I might have in the fridge. I can't keep a whole or even half watermelon on the shelf because it will essentially take up the entire shelf (it's a side by side fridge). I would love to get a french door fridge.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 I like the mini watermelons at Costco, they’re way more convenient. We have a small fridge, like the old freezer on top deal. I get most of my produce at Costco, but I eat it as snacks and dessert so I usually get through most of it. Summer produce IS MY JAM. 💜
  • @bbrahmbhatt I definitely have a few Costco's near me but not a membership! It's hard to justify when it's just DH and I.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @nina205 Yay starting stims is exciting (and a little scary).  Sounds like you'll have a great August though!  If you find your IVF meds sting (cetratide, which is used to make sure you don't ovulate too soon, was super painful for me at first) use a soft ice pack for about 15 minutes after. It helps significantly.  Also, plan to drink extra water, it really helps off set some of the not so fun side effects from the stims. 

@bbrahmbhatt good luck, wishing you best of luck on the meds! They definitely work for a lot of people, but don't be too upset if it doesn't work the first time or two, remember statistically it could still take a few tries even if they are working.  Do you have a diet plan you're following.....my RE put me on a really crazy diet, not for weight loss per say but just to improve egg quality. I know @inthewoods23 cut out gluten.  It might be worth trying to change your diet to cut out as much sugar as possible and maybe cut out gluten try to maximize your chances with the clomid. 

As for me....
    My 3rd beta jumped up -- not only did it double but it made up the difference for where it should have been. So after 2 days of crying and being so stressed, we are pregnant! Of course, I'm scared to even say it....I feel like I'm waiting for something to go wrong still. But trying to just focus on the moment and be totally happy. We have our first ultrasound the end of next week -- waiting anxiously for that!  Definitely still feel like I am part of the "TTC" group still, but really hoping all goes well and we get to graduate from our RE in under a month. I can't wait to go back to my regular OBGYN -- she is fabulous and I've missed her! 
  • @2dogsmom YESS YAY WOOHOO!! Best news ever!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @2dogsmom This is the BEST NEWS! Seriously made my day/week! I will be thinking about you, keep us updated. Hoping you will end up back at the OBGYN soon :)

@bbrahmbhatt I have definitely had some funny pharmacist interactions through my journey.. lots of well wishes, when I picked up my Birth Control for IVF the pharmacist was like I see you don't have a refill here- let me call your doctor and I was like oh no that's not necessary and he was like not a problem, seriously let me just call... and then I guess somehow he quickly figured out that my RE called it in and he just kept apologizing. Really fingers crossed the pharmacist was right and its your only cycle. It really does work for a lot of people and hoping you are in that bucket. 

@inthewoods23 did you do any special dietary stuff prior to retrieval? 
  • @nina205 not for retrieval, although I think I tried to drink less soda, but I don't think I was as good about it as I wanted to be.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @2dogsmom THAT IS AMAZING NEWS! Congratulations! Please keep us updated!

@nina205 yes, hopefully it will be the only one. I’ve been doing weight watchers, so I’ve drastically cut down on sugar and carbs. Eating a lot of lean meats and fruits and veggies. Hopefully it will help. 
  • 2dogsmom2dogsmom member
    edited July 2020
    Thanks guys!! We are super excited though  not totally trusting that it's real yet!!

@nina205 My RE made me follow a strict diet starting 2 weeks before stims and all the way through retrieval (then again for the second retrieval and again for transfer).  It was really hard for me at first but then I got used to it. Not positive how much it helped but I had been on it a lot longer for the second round of stims and that second round worked out way better.  On my diet I was not allowed to eat:
    • Sugar (including any hidden sugars -- read all labels, no added sugar)

• High Fructose Corn Syrup, Sucrose, and any other sugar type additives

• Bread/Baked Goods/Anything with flour

• Anything with Gluten

• Cereal

• Instant or quick cooking oatmeals

• Potatoes, any potato products, sweet potatoes, or yams

• Yogurt (any type, even as an ingredient in something else)

• Beer, white wine, other alcohol*

• Ice cream, frozen yogurt, even “sugar free” versions

Like I said it was super stressful at first but then I got used to it!!   Definitely not for everyone, but I always liked hearing what different people did. 

• Hi everyone! So DH got good analysis and it was normal, so now we have to work on figuring out what might be my issue. I’m starting Clomid on Friday and I’m so nervous. I hope you all are doing well!
  • @bbrahmbhatt I know exactly how you are feeling right now. My hubby and I are in the same boat — we have run ever single test and still cannot figure out why we can’t conceive naturally.  I started on clomid — did 6 months of it with ovulation testing.  While it didn’t work for me it does work for a lot of people. The medication itself isn’t bad — I had some night sweats/hot flashes from it but otherwise it was no big deal. I ended up being on it about a year total because it was part of my IUI protocol. I’ll cross fingers that it works for you!! 

Do you mind me asking, how old are you? 
  • @2dogsmom thank you for your insights! I've been reading about possible side effects and I was preparing for something apocalyptic. I am 34, well basically 35 (hello Leo season!). MH is 40. We are still with my OB for now trying Clomid for 3 cycles, then its off to the RE if it doesn't work. 
  • @bbrahmbhatt totally makes sense! I was 34 when I started on clomid too, it's a really common place to start and luckily it works for tons of couples. I actually stayed with my OB for quite a while!

As for me...*TW*....our pregnancy didn't last long. Unfortunately our pgs perfect embryo stopped growing, they have no clue why. In the process of miscarrying (most painful period ever), So waiting for my hCG levels to drop and trying to just stay calm and breathe. Definitely a tough journey. 
  • @2dogsmom I'm so sorry to hear this  <3<3 Take it day by day and take care of yourself.

After last cycle I told myself I would test early because it was such a mindf*ck. Both Saturday (10dpo) and today (12dpo) have been negative, but I did get the highly sought after 1 day temp dip in my BBT chart on Saturday so perhaps I'd get a positive tomorrow? Not sure I will test. AF would be due on Wednesday. If she doesn't show I'll test Thursday, which also happens to be DH's birthday so that would be QUITE the gift. I'm already prepared for AF if it shows so I'm fine with whatever happens. Although an April baby would be nice.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • UGH. AF came a day early! Showed up around the end of the work day. I was so mad and had a whole bunch of emotions. Sigh.... I'll be alright, but only if my damn menstrual cup would cooperate!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause