Pregnant after IF

PAIF New Mommies July / August 2020

edited July 2020 in Pregnant after IF
Lots of new babies around here!!!

<p>Calling!!</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/bluguitarhannah">@bluguitarhannah</a> EDD 7/1 (girl) - Baby girl is here. YAY!!</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/hanshotfirst77">@hanshotfirst77</a> EDD 6/21 (girl) - Baby girl is here. YAY!!
</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/wildrainbow">@wildrainbow</a> EDD 8/16 (Boy) - Baby boy is here. YAY!!</p>

Re: PAIF New Mommies July / August 2020

• Congratulations!
  • @wildrainbow
    How are you and the little doing?

~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Loading the player...
  • @mbradfo2 Today was a super hard day. He had terrible reflux while getting a tube feed, to the point he was crying. It was awful and I cried. They think it's his fortifier that is making it so bad. So his next feed he just has my milk and did much better. They will start him on a new fortifier for his next feed and we will see how he does. His crib is angled because he can no longer lay flat. 

Overall he is very lazy with his PO feeds and if he takes a whole bottle one feed, he needs at least another to recover because he sleeps. So, for now, we are stuck in the endless loop of waiting on him to click with his feeds. His dr thinks it will prolly be closer to his DD before we can discuss discharge. 
  • @wildrainbow My son had some trouble with feeding too, initially. He was also called lazy about feeding. One of the tricks that helped was warming up the milk (turns out my son hated room temperature milk). Hope your baby learns to feed soon. 

Congrats to all the new mamas and hello again to all the veteran mamas! I’m due in two weeks and my first born is sensing something because he’s super cranky these days (or he is just being a normal 2 year-old). The sheltering in place has made him super clingy and I’m just afraid that the new baby will just upend his life. He is even regressing with the potty training. Sigh. 
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET  
  • @wildrainbow
    This must all be so upsetting :-(  Hopefully the new fortifier is better and he starts doing better at his feedings. I'm sure your doctor just wants to make sure he'll thrive once he gets discharged but it must be so painful to think of him in the hospital for so long. Do they have him on anything for the reflux? It can be so hard to find the right mix of formula/feeding and reflux treatments for each baby.

@cashewchicken
    I'm sure he'll adjust -- there have just been so many changes over the past year with the pandemic/etc, I think all kids are showing some signs of their attempts to cope with it. Although I think 2 years tend to be a bit cranky in general, they're developing opinions and desires but don't yet understand that they can't get everything they want! Anne was really upset yesterday because I didn't have a Frozen t-shirt for her to wear (the Minnie one wasn't good enough I guess). And kudos for you doing potty training. We've decided our current box of diapers will be the last but we still haven't bit the bullet and done it, just need to...

AFM, with the cases surge in Florida, DH doesn't want Anne going to her summer camp so she's still at home with me. It annoys me that restaurants in our state our open but not -playgrounds-. I just spent 30 minutes driving around to see if any were open for her to play in since the landscapers are working on our lawn today. She's become quite the chatterbox over quarantine despite everything -- she prefers to talk in full sentences so she intersperses "I need daddy!" or "I want fries!" with the more typical one or two word combos. She's also obsessed with having a clean room when she goes for a nap or bed; she tosses everything in the toy box (while complaining that she has to nap)! She is currently learning to sing "Let it Go" and insists on listening to it -ALL THE TIME-. 

I got my bloods and cycle work up done with my RE and it looks pretty dismal. My AMH was even lower this time (0.62 to 0.28) and my AFC was down as well. Since we only got 9 mature eggs with my first cycle, the RE is being pragmatic says we could maybe hope for 4-5 eggs if we did another cycle. Since our 9 mature eggs translated into 1 normal embryo (2 day 6 blasts, 1 stopped developing, 1 became little Anne), we're feeling a bit like this is the end of the road. I guess I should feel lucky that I do have my little girl, but a part of me feels sad over the family I always imagined having. 
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks

TTC #2
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

• @mbradfo2 (((hugs))) That is a tough pill. And it's a lot to go through all over again, with no guarantees.  I know you will do what's best for your family, but there's still a lot of acceptance, either way - acceptance that you may just have one beautiful little girl(!) if you don't go back to treatment, and acceptance of the inevitable heartache that goes along with trying again.  Sigh.  I still have that not too far from my mind at all times, that there are no guarantees (after 3 losses and two pregnancies) that we have another THB waiting for us in our remaining two embies.  And if not, we will most likely not be pursuing further treatment.  So that is something I wrestle with constantly, that come what may, that will be the end for us.  I wish a lot of things... but ultimately it is what it is, and we are lucky and blessed to have the success we have so far.  But acceptance isn't always easy either. ❤️

@cashewchicken So close!  Good job too with the potty training so far. 👍 It's a journey regardless.  We started introducing it several months ago now, with some success, but it was hard with her not being verbal enough to tell me clearly, plus appointments and things... We still offer the potty, but I'm not pushing it.  Hoping there will be better opportunity to practice once I'm glued to the playroom with a NB anyway lol

@wildrainbow I'm sorry to hear about the feeding struggles, and I hope they can get that fortifier sorted.  It's got to be so hard waiting to bring him home, and just watching him in the NICU.  (((Hugs)))
  • Congratulations to all of the new summer moms! :)
  • @mbradfo2 and @BusinessWife I may have given the wrong impression that I was further along in potty training with my son lol. He is so not even close to completing his potty training. Three months ago he started telling us when he pooped, and occasionally would warn us when he was about to poop (usually like 1 min warning though). So we thought, oh maybe he’s ready for potty training? We bought a potty training toilet seat that attaches to the toilet, step stools to climb up to it, and we started asking him to just sit there for a minute or so every couple of hours. And gave him treats. Nowadays he does not like to go anywhere near the toilet and now refuses to acknowledge that he’s pooped, when it’s clear that he has! So we are pretty much back at square one. Oh well. Luckily my son’s daycare doesn’t require him to be potty trained (they’ll train him actually), so now my goal is getting him trained by 3 years old. If he’s ready. We also bought him a miniature toilet that looks like a toilet and makes flushing sound when you pull the lever to see maybe this might get him excited again. 
  • @mbradfo2 Anne is so cute! We haven’t introduced our son to Disney songs so he’s still mostly singing nursery rhymes. My son is quite chatty too except that his sentences are a mix of gibberish and words familiar to us (but not necessarily to strangers). Having a clean room before napping sounds awesome. My son is the opposite. He pulls out every toy he’s got on the floor before he naps. Yikes. 
    I’m sorry that your bloods and cycle work up weren’t where you wanted them to be. If you do try again, I hope it’s successful. 
  • @BusinessWife thanks for the shout out. 

Hi everyone! Hannah is 5 weeks old, she was born 6/15.  And we’re starting to get into a rhythm with a routine. Though I am struggling a bit with balancing taking care of her and my son who is 6. He has been home since March due to covid and there is no summer camp. He does really well at independent play. He was an only for so long so he is used to it. But I think even for him he is dying to have other kids around or some sort of structure. And I find myself falling back on screens way more than I’d like. And me and him have had such a bond for so long. He was not just an only child for 6 years but it’s just been me and him for the last 3 years and sometimes I feel like I am always telling him no or I can’t cause I need to feed Hannah or sister needs me. He loves his little sister and helps however he can but I worry there will be resentment eventually. 

@mbradfo2 I’m sorry for the rough appt. I struggled a lot with whether a second child would ever happen for me. Secondary IF was brutal for me. And I still think about it now cause I always wanted 3 kids and I have this feeling my family is not complete. I have 1 embryo left and I worry what if it doesn’t take or if I MC again. Idk what another retrieval might look like for me. It sure is a hard thing to deal with when the picture in your head isn’t always what can or does happen in real life. I hope if you pursue another retrieval that everything works out and if not that you find a way to make peace with it. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• @cashewchicken
    She definitely did not get the 'neat' gene from me, that's sure. I was one of those kids in school whose locker would barely close XD XD 

We've decided to start potty training this weekend. I have a ton of undies (Frozen and Minnie, of course) for her, we have her seat set up...it's just a matter of doing it and DH says we just need to bite the bullet and do it. 

@hanshotfirst77
    I think everyone who's been out of daycare/preschool/school due to the pandemic is in the same spot, little sister or no. I know we've been using screens alot more than I would like, but we're all just doing the best we can. I need to work during the day at times and her dad is at home working too, so we're trying to find that balance. I can't imagine how much more difficult it would be to balance that with a newborn to care for...I feel inadequate with just my little one by herself at times. Frustrated that I'm saying 'no' or getting upset when I would like to be calm and patient. I thiink that sibling relationships are constantly evolving also. I remember resenting my little sister a little when she was first born and my mom and dad were spending so much time with her. But that evolved as we both got older and more understanding, especially once we could play and talk together.
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @hanshotfirst77 Like what @mbradfo2 said, I’m sure you’re not the only one falling back on screen time. My son is definitely getting more tv time. I try to limit to 15-20 min at a time but then he gets frequent tv time throughout the day 😩 It’s hard. Can’t get anything done without the screen time. 

@mbradfo2 I heard that girls are much easier to potty train than boys. My coworker suggested just spend a week without a diaper and just do it. With my boy though, not sure if he’s ready for that method yet. 
  • Holy crap on a cracker, y'all! Benjamin pulled out his ng tube before his 2pm feed. They decided to leave it out to see how he did. It's still out!! Holy crap! He's done his 5pm and 8pm feeds fully PO!! If he keeps it up for 24hrs we can room in and he can come home. Y'all I'm trying so hard not to cry and celebrate. 
  • @wildrainbow go Benjamin!! Guess he was ready and told everyone! Hoping the next few feeds go just as well!!
  • Ah!!!  That's amazing!  @wildrainbow  I love that he's just like, yoink! Don't need this anymore! 🤣 Keep up the good work, Benjamin. Fx you guys can room in, and all go home very, very soon...❤️❤️❤️🙏🙏🙏

• It's happening!! Room in tonight! Squee!! After a loooooonnnnggggg month, my baby is coming home tomorrow!! I can't believe it!

• @wildrainbow Congratulations!!!! Sooo excited for you. Good job baby and good job mama!
  • @wildrainbow yes!! That is great news!!! 
  • Congrats @wildrainbow!!!

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• @wildrainbow - Yay!!!!! I'm so happy for your and Benjamin. I know your over the moon!

@hanshotfirst77 - Hey lady. Glad to hear the baby is doing well. Your mom is still around to help with the baby, right? I couldn't remember if she lived with you or was just visiting. I know it's hard with everything being shut down. 

• @wildrainbow
    This is so wonderful to hear!! He was ready to go!
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• Ah! What a beautiful sight! @wildrainbow  he is just gorgeous, and resting to peacefully - I'm sure happy to be a nicu GRADUATE!!! 🎉🎉🎉 As well! ❤️❤️❤️
  • @wildrainbow Congratulations!!! Baby B is soooo cute. You must be thrilled to have him home. How are your older kids handling it?
  • @wildrainbow Congrats! He is adorable!

@31magnolia yes my mom is. She lives with us. We have a raised ranch style house and the downstairs was converted into an apartment for her and the upstairs is me and the kids. Her help has been amazing, especially MOTN. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• @cashewchicken Thank you, I'm in love for sure.  The boys are enamored with him.  Ds1, who's 21mo, does have a hard time with not being able to be in my lap all the time,  but he's so sweet with B. He calls him Benjin, and always tries to hug him.  Ds1 is an awesome big brother.  He's quick to help out with anything.  
  • Tagging <a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/angelina1919">@angelina1919</a> EDD 7/29 Baby Boy is here! Yay!!

@wildrainbow how's everything going at home?
  • @BusinessWife It's a madhouse here!! Holy crap!  B is the chillest dude ever,  thank God.  My other two are very high needs,  and good grief the toddler meltdowns! H has been a godsend and I will legit cry when he goes back to work. B has some pretty terrible reflux, which has been keeping us both up at night. We go back for a weight check on the 10th and I will have to tell my dr about it. He's not much of a spitter, his is mostly silent. It kills me tho when he's grunting and wiggling around and arching his back. He's not a crier, so that's all he does. He is nursing well, so for that I'm thankful. 
  • Awww. @wildrainbow - thanks for the update. Yeah, not sure which on is worse, when they cry or the wiggling around in frustration/pain and not crying. Glad the nursing is going well and he is overall a calm baby.