February 2021 Moms
Options

FFFC 7/24

Flame-Free Friday Confessions

Re: FFFC 7/24

• Options
    I've been taking acetaminophen this week. I lost the pill bottle one day and found it another day in my daughter's play room. Should I really be having another kid? Bad mom!
  • Options
    s_montgomerys_montgomery member
    edited July 2020
    Last night my daughter tripped and I laughed because she had done the same thing the other day and I was thinking "How is she this clumsy?" But then I picked her up and noticed she was bleeding badly because when she fell a tooth was knocked loose. I couldn't have felt more ashamed than when I realized how serious it was and I had laughed. I'm up so early because I'm waiting to call a pediatric dentist.

ETA Update: My daughter saw a pediatric dentist right away this morning. The dentist says she has 2 loose teeth and they'll likely hurt for a couple weeks. They would fall out naturally at age 6 or 7 but she might lose hers early. If they affected her daily life, if she were in constant pain, or if she has trouble eating because her teeth are loose, they would consider pulling them. She had an xray, the staff were great with her, and she has a follow-up appointment in a couple weeks. We decided not to get her covered for dental when she was born, and now I don't think that was a wise decision. Although out of pocket cost was only $75.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    cmoon3cmoon3 member
    edited July 2020
    @s_montgomery Oh no! I hope she's OK.
    @adorebel That is hysterical!
  • Options
    @s_montgomery oh no! I hope all goes well at the pediatric dentist and you can get in today. 

Pregnancy hormones are making me so emotional right now. I cry at commercials, because I’m hungry and I don’t know what I want to eat, and when I’m tired but can’t sleep because of the nausea. 😂🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    I’ve been at work 5 hours and I’ve had 5 snacks....and I’m already starting on lunch.
  • Options
    Oh yeah. I had a good confession but couldn’t remember it earlier. I do now:

Last night I ate a bunch of Cheetos dipped in sweet and sour sauce from McDonald’s 🤣😝
  • Options
    cmoon3cmoon3 member
    edited July 2020
    I am so tired of eating. Six times a day, still. 

And then, practically every commercial we watch, I'm like, "Oh yeah, I'd eat that."
  • Options
    @birdiejo I do that! I’m like, I haven’t even had lunch yet but I need to decide what’s for dinner so I can plan lunch and snacks around that 😂
  • Options
    @cmoon3 YES! I am so sick of eating as well, but I also cannot stop eating!
  • Options
    Lol, my husband asked me this morning at 6:15 am what I wanted to have for dinner...
  • Options
    I got to go into work late tonight so I had an extra few hours at home with my toddler. I sat on the couch and watched gilmore girls while i let him "play independently" including but not limited to dumping all the dog food all over the floor and taking things out of the recycle bin to play, and potentially throwing things in the trash that don't belong there.... I mean he was within the same area/space as me but I just kind of let him do whatever (within the boundaries of not getting hurt) I cleaned none of it up before I left for work and my husband will definitly be home before me. HAHA. oh well 
  • Options
    @manditchka24 SAMEE! I wish i Could just stop eating but if I don't eat i feel nauseous or if my stomach gets empty. My goal was to not gain too much weight this time, but alas I think we are starting off very very poorly in that department. UGH. 

P.S. what's the easiest way to tag someone without quoting them? I feel like a noob. HAHA
  • Options
    I picked up the 13 month old from daycare after working all day yesterday and heard him close himself in his room. Instead of helping him get out I sat on the couch and figured it was a good time for independent play. 
  • Options
    All of this snack talk is making me jealous. With having to check my sugars 2 hours after eating I'm super nervous to snack =( But sometimes I just don't wait to wait until lunch or dinner to eat again!
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    @PinkKathryn12 DITTO to all of that! I am usually very conscious about eating well and hate gaining weight, so somehow I thought I would be able to keep eating super healthy while pregnant. Wrong!
  • Options
    @kkfishy9 my husband does that, too! I always tell him what I want can change 10 times before then and that I’m taking it one meal/snack at a time. 
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick - I love sushi, and the only adjustment I've made is only eating cooked and monitoring which kind/how much fish I eat.  But frankly, I don't eat enough fish in my daily diet to have to worry about the "max" portion sizes I've seen recommended, because it's just never going to happen. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    megh1205megh1205 member
    edited July 2020
    @PinkKathryn12 Omg I do this same thing periodically😂 Like, just don’t die, kid. Have fun. 
  • Options
    I’m going on 48 hours of irrational, silent brooding over the fact that my white cheddar cheese and pears didn’t show up in my grocery pickup order....because I NEED to make them into an epic grilled cheese. Nothing else has sounded remotely appetizing for 2 whole days lol.
  • Options
    @WildMagelet I won’t have any while we are visiting family. I stick to my local place that I know is safe and fresh and mainly try to do deep fried rolls, shrimp tempura, but I do usually enjoy something raw. 😆

• Options
    The dental xray of a 1 1/2 year old, for the curious.
    These are bottom teeth. She has 4 erupted front teeth on the bottom. The rest are below the gums and you can also see adult teeth in the jaw.
  • Options
    @s_montgomery okay that is really cool! Thank you for sharing. Not cool that she had to get it done though. What did they say about potentially having to pull some teeth?
  • Options
    @babymamadimo he said if they cause chronic pain, affect her daily life, or if she has trouble eating solids long-term they'd consider pulling. She seems to be fine so it shouldn't become necessary. We're bringing her in for a checkup next week to make sure she's healing well.