November 2018 Moms

Anyone still active??

Re: Anyone still active??

• Oh, and on a side note look what I made today!

• @wildrainbow AWESOME! That's wonderful 🙌

We did multiple weighed feedings with Lula and she would transfer like 0.25oz or nothing. It was so frustrating 😞 and hence the reason I ended up EPing. She had such a little bird mouth and a terrible latch and I kinda had/have far too large of nipples. We even tried using a nipple shield with no luck. I saw there's a new style of nipple shield available that wasn't 2 years ago and I'm hoping if the twins don't latch well we may have better luck with that! I did try again once she was a bit bigger and she did a lot better but by then she was so used to bottles that she was too lazy to have an interest in BFing.

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Loading the player...
  • @wildrainbow oooooo! Lobe the scrunchie!
    Random question, where the heck do you buy preemie sized footed jammies? I've had 0 luck finding much of anything preemie size that aren't seperates.

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @wildrainbow I had a mini freak out last night. So as mentioned regarding preemie size pjs, I was looking for some (specifically solid colors, one green and one purple) for the twins as "coming home" outfits and totally freaked myself out and my mind started playing what if I'm jinxing myself 😭😬 the unknowns are so scary. I know I won't ever stop worrying even after they're born just... Yeah.

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts First off, deep breaths. Second, all the hugs. Third, Carters sells some. They are notoriously hard to find. I will say that I've never bought them as my boys have always been too long for them, so that is something to think about. 

Also, the unknown is scary, if it weren't, it would be known. Right now, you need to concentrate on what you do know. You have great Dr's who are being very proactive. Both girls are healthy. You are healthy. I speak from experience when I say tiny babies are warriors. They are the reason we believe in miracles. You've got this, mama. Your babies are good. Breathe. Feel free to freak out to me any time. I have prolly had the same thoughts and freak outs. 

• @wildrainbow I'll have to check out Carters and that is a good point about length! 

Thanks 💜 the unknowns and what ifs are terrifying. I just want to hold them and know that they are safe and sound. I worried about Lula but never 2nd guessed if I was jinxing things by picking out her a coming home outfit 😭🤦🏻 You're very right, I do have amazing dr's keeping watch over us and they are both healthy little wiggle worms. I'm sure I'll be freaking out again sometime soon lol. MAN I am exhausted these days. Dottie has started invading my lungs so I'm huffing and puffing like I ran a marathon from walking to the bathroom lmao. Plus the heat is kicking my butt this time around.

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts I got exhausted way earlier this time around too. It was ridiculous. Just proof how hard pregnancy is on the body. I know all your feelings about jingling yourself and everything. We may have had the same issues, but we have thought the same thing. 
  • @wildrainbow pregnancy definitely is hard as hell! Especially when you're trying to keep up with an almost 2 year old! How is your little champ doing? I have to admit, knowing some of what you and others have been through help keep me grounded and know that we WILL get through all of this and be alright. But those creeping awful thoughts and worries are hard as hell to keep at bay. I am incredibly blessed to have so much amazing support in most areas of my life whether I'm at home, at work, or even on the internet 😭💚💜 thank you! 

On a different note: I so have to brag on my SD. She has been such an amazing help! I wish she didn't have to go back to her moms every other week 🙈🤣 she painted my toenails for me the other day and we did face & lip masks which was so much fun. She has grown up so much over the past year. MH has been teaching her to cook small meals like eggs, oatmeal, & mac n cheese. So she has been making lunch for herself & DD, then cleaning up and doing the dishes afterward! Then MH went fishing early this AM and I slept in until 8:00am (late for me). I got up thinking the girls were still asleep, NOPE! DD had woken up like 30-45mins earlier so SD got up, got DD changed, gave her a snack, and let me sleep while the two of them quietly watched cartoons! She is such a great kid and an amazing big sister 💜

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts Your SD sounds amazing! What a gracious and kind girl she is. Im glad y'all have such a good relationship! 

Im glad that what I've been through is helpful for you. I've always believed that if what I've been through was a hope to someone, then all the pain and heartache was worth it. 

On another note, see spoiler:
    It's happening!  Room in tonight! After a month, he is coming home!!

• @wildrainbow SD is a great kid.  She's a moody pre-teen, but overall she's awesome :)

AHHHH!!!!! YAY!!!! Best news EVER <3 I am so so so happy for you guys! Praying tonight goes well :love: Do you feel ready to bring him home?  I'd be whirlwind double checking everything :) Good luck momma!  You get to bring your squish home <3<3<3   

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• Whelp, NICU called. B dropped off his feeds so no room in tonight. Possibly tomorrow if he does well tonight. I'm pretty devastated.  😭😭
  • @wildrainbow ohhh no :( come on baby! Keep nomming up your bottles so you can go home with yoyr sweet momma. That must be so heartaching :( Praying he does superb tonight and tomorrow! He's almost there 🤞💚 

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @wildrainbow Keeping all my fingers and toes crossed Baby B did well with his feeds last night and will continue to throughout the day <3 

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts He did awesome last night. His nurse texted me updates with pics all night. She was pissed at day shift. Hopefully he can go home today. I will call later to see. 
  • @wildrainbow Oh I'm so glad his nurse last night kept you updated/informed.  It's interesting how different nurses are (although all people are different so I guess it makes sense).  After having DD while in the hospital one nurse was AMAZING and so so helpful, the next night the nurse was atrocious.  I asked her if she could get me a new cup of ice water since I was hooked up to a breast pump and DD was asleep and you would've thought I asked for the moon the way she reacted.  Hoping things go well today and he can come home <3<3<3

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• He's home! After 33 days,  he's finally home!!

• @wildrainbow 😭😍😭😍😭 ohhhh sweet boy 💚 I am so so happy he's finally home!!! Yay mama! Are your older boys excited? Praying the adjustment and everything goes smoothly and well! You must be so relieved to finally have him home. BEST DAY EVER! 

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @wildrainbow I hope your first night home with B went smoothly <3:love:

Both babes are super duper active today.  Dottie is doing barrel rolls again :D 

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts Our first night was the best so far. B's reflux has gone to 11. Sigh. I average about 3ish hours of sleep/night. It sucks. Otherwise, he is so chill. Even when I know he's in pain, he doesn't cry, he just grunts. He's super chill. 

How are you? 
  • @wildrainbow Awww, poor B and poor momma :(  I hope you can get a few naps in!  3 hrs is NOT enough sleep woman!  Hooray for chill baby, but poor buddy not feeling good!

I'm doing alright overall.  I've been sleeping like crap/making awful friggin pregnancy dreams/nightmares.  And then I couldn't sleep last night so that's just peachy.  Now I'm feeling all sorts of stressed/the sky is falling type of a day lmao :|  I'm a bucket of fun today *eyerolls*

But my 24week OB appt is this Friday and then we start weekly appts at MFM next week *fingers & toes crossed*

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @wildrainbow Ughhh... this week just sucks, today is even more of a rotten, no good, awful day.
    I have been woken up by MH the past 3 our of 4 nights because I've been crying in my sleep.  Night 1) dreamed we hired a nanny and MH took her as a 2nd wife (it was so absurd but all the feelings). Night 2) dreamt we were in our home but in the middle of a war zone and we had to hide while I attempted to pack so we could try to escape and go on the run. Night 3) No dreams THANK GOD! Then last night, Night 4) dreamed I was walking past a room with my older sister's best friend and heard a baby crying. We went to take care of the babe and it was my DD, only as an infant, and for some reason I knew she was mine but apparently I had given her up for adoption to my sister's friend and had to stand by helplessly aching to soothe her and just had to watch friend struggle to calm her down. 
    Then let's add in that today is  the 1 year anniversary of both DDs baptism & my sister's passing away after a 4+ year battle with colon cancer  So I'm officially in a "I'ma go find a hole to hide in for the rest of the day" mood and you can all call me the Hole Troll.  Really wishing I could have take the day off (not that I can really afford to right now with the amount of time I'll be having to take off for appts soon) and just spend the day snuggling with Lula.
    #IAmAHeatedMess #DebbieDowner #ImADrearyRainCloudTheseDays #HoleTroll

I hope you were able to sleep more last night!  I've never used it, but does gripe water help your poor boy's tummy at all? Poor little bug.  I wish there were a way to help him <3:(<3 

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts oh, babe, all the hugs. I wish I could hug you. I hate those pregnancy dreams so much.  I would have flashbacks almost every night of ds2's delivery and NICU stay.  Did nothing for my PTSD, I was so glad to wake up.  All the hugs,  babe.  I wish I could do more.  
  • @wildrainbow Thanks <3 Pregnancy dreams are the WORST lol.  Ughhh... I can't imagine the PTSD/flashbacks of your experience with DS2 :( That is horrible!  

How are you all adjusting to being home?  Are the older boys getting into the flow of things (as much as young kids can)?  And can you truly have a "flow" with a NB? Hmmm... *pondering*

Yesterday afternoon got a lot better. The AM was rough, but thankfully work was a really good distraction and then things randomly reminded me of a few funny memories of my sister and we did a zoom/fond memories with a few of my cousins last night.  It was nice.  

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts I dont think there really is a flow, more like a tidal wave and it's sink or swim. I think we are treading water, ish. 

Im glad your day got better, you were on my mind. Hope today is even better!
  • edited August 2020
    @wildrainbow no shame in treading water. I have a feeling that will be my new normal soon 🤣 If at the end of the day you can say the house is still standing and no one died than you did a good job ;)

24wk OB appt tmrw afternoon, Saturday my BIL is doing a zoom rememberance thing for my sister, and then our next growth scan on Tuesday 😬🤞🤞

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @wildrainbow started knitting some hats for the twins 💚 green for Georgie

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts So cute!! 
    I just made these

• @wildrainbow 🤔 hat? i can't tell based on the photo 🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @wildrainbow ohhhhh! That's super cute 😍 I love it 💜 that's cute :) I might need to make some massive bows for DD & the twins

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts That's what I'm working on now.  Reteaching myself to tie them.   We Southerners need our big bows, lol.
  • B had his weight check this morning. He weighs 6lb11oz, an 8oz gain in 10 days!
  • @wildrainbow that's great! Good work B & momma!

So, appts went well. Georgie is still in a safe % but smaller % today than previously (40th% to 25th%).
    Dottie is still concerningly small (now <1%) but that's not too surprising. Ventriculomegaly was a bit increased, but still mild. Thankfully cerebellum measurement was better and in a solid safe zone vs borderline today.
    Current goal is 36 weeks! But obviously subject to change if growth decelerates etc.
    Funny moments:
    Walking into the hospital for the temp/covid check a lady rushes over "Triage??? or an appt?"
    "Appt, I promise it's twins. I just LOOK like I'm about to give birth, we still have a few months left" 🤣😂🤣😂 and
    During the consult MH asked the MFM doc if I should continue being active and encouraging me to be active. Doc leans over, "do you want to be active?"
    "Yeah, occasionally."
    "Okay, occasionally!" 🤣

Fetal echo is tmrw afternoon.

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts Omg, your H, lol. I'm sorry it looks like babies have gotten smaller,  hopefully that doesn't get worse.  Maybe they will pack on the weight the latter part of this trimester. 36 weeks is a good goal! 
  • @wildrainbow oh yeah MH makes me laugh. He wants for me to not have an excuse for getting out of going fishing/hiking/camping/etc lol. My go to is let me see how I feel, whoch is fair. It's not that I don't want to do those things (although pregnant camping is not my jam, and I like short walks, actual hikes I can't do now) but I can't chase after Lu like previously. She's exhausting to keep out of things and chase after when not pregnant. Let alone trying to fish while chasing after her. While pregnant it's hard as hell and picking her up/carrying her is getting very difficult. Love MH to death but he'll say he'll help but then gets involved in fishing or talking or whatever and is way easily distracted from her or will say yeah gimme a sec 😒😑 there is no "waiting a sec" with chasing a toddler and I end up frustrated so I've been avoiding it all together.

BUT... We went and walked around the zoo in between appts today which was nice! 

Dottie was everywhere again during the US. Started out breech, then transverse, then almost head down, then back to transverse 🤣 she was also wrapping herself up in her umbolical cord 🤦🏻
    Also Georgie is breech atm which I totally called 🙌 been having a lot of low kicks/they've been using my cervix as a trampoline and I was fairly certain I had a head in my ribs the other AM.

Tmrw will be abother long exam, they're doing fetal echoes on both girls. They don't think they could accidentally do the echo on the wrong twin based on placement and size difference but they figured it'd be better do both of them vs just D.

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• edited August 2020
    Fetal echoes went great! No indications that either baby should develop and cardiac defects <3 It was suuuuuch a relief to have a scan with an "all normal" result!  It was super cool getting to see their hearts in such detail too.  They both made the tech's job as hard as possible.  Georgie was kicking the techs hand trying to get her to leave her alone and wiggling around.  And then Dottie moved CONSTANTLY, rocking one way, rolling another :joy: 

The doctor actually had to come in and help "tag team" she controled the screen/while the tech did the ultrasound wand LMAO :D 

Also... I just had to realization that 36 weeks is only 11 weeks away :open_mouth:

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts Yay! Im so glad your scan went well!! That is wonderful! 11 weeks?! 😱 EEK!
  • @wildrainbow I KNOW!!!! :open_mouth: MH better get my damned shelves done lol!  I also need to get a few more things accomplished/ordered like my pump!

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts I think we already talked about it, but I'm in love with my Spectra. 
  • @wildrainbow oh good! 😍 I love my spectra also! I have to set it up and see if it's still working well. I am still debating between a 2nd spectra or a freemie liberty 🤔

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018!