December 2020 Moms

TTGP Grad Check-In 07/23/20

This check in is for the ladies who actively participated in the Trying to Get Pregnant Board.

How far along are you?

Upcoming Appointments?

Cravings/Symptoms?

How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms?

Questions?

Re: TTGP Grad Check-In 07/23/20

• How far along are you? 19w6d

Upcoming Appointments? 8/13 for a telehealth

Cravings/Symptoms? Fresh cut strawberries!

How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms? I think I'm finally starting to feel her move!!! I have felt a few little flutters this week and one distinct thump feeling! Started designing baby girl's nursery and I'm so excited about it! I ordered curtains this week, and if I like them than that's what I'm designing the room around! 

Questions? Nope
  • How far along are you? 18w2d

Upcoming Appointments? 8/5 for AS

Cravings/Symptoms?  Unfortunately watermelon.  I never liked it really before and now I know why.  It gives me killer heartburn.  When I mentioned it to my mom and grandma, they were like me too.  Now I have a whole watermelon in my fridge.  

How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms?  The visit with my MIL went better than expected.  We spent a LOT of time talking on all the topics you aren't supposed to discuss (politics, religion, family drama).  I noticed I was a lot less patient than I normally am.  I just kept putting myself in nap timeout when I thought I was about to say something I would regret.  My parents are coming this week and I am looking forward to it.  Working on registry and nursery ideas...a little overwhelming, but we will get there!    

@feather_heather. Excited for you with the baby kicks.  I keep thinking maybe, but nothing definitive yet.  Also I go days between feeling anything.  But I think that is normal.  What are you planning for the nursery?  
  • Loading the player...
  • @dobiemom11 - oh man that stinks about the watermelon! This is my preliminary design idea for the nursery, but I think I also want to add in some baby blues as well (maybe with artwork and lamps). Also hoping to convince DH to put up some box molding on the walls! 

What are you thinking for your nursery? 
  • @feather_heather. Oh my goodness...that is so sweet!  I love the very faint blush pink...it adds a touch of elegance to the room.

We are doing a space theme.  My husband and I both love space and sci-fi.  He actually nicknamed the baby Potato after The Martian movie.  If I had my act together, we would have my dad help paint the nursery a gray color next week.  But I don't.  So far mostly just thinking about space prints on the wall.  Not sure if we are going to go very scientific with diagrams of space shuttles, Mars, etc or cute with different zoo animals as astronauts.  

I am hoping to have it mostly done by the Zoom baby showers that people are planning.  Just thought it might be fun for people to see us in the room rather than just in the living room.  Plus then maybe I don't have to decorate the background!  
  • @dobiemom11 - Oh that's such a cute theme! And a great idea to have it finished for your zoom shower!! I can't wait to see it!
  • @dobiemom11 my husbands cousin names his kids after satellites- he has Sputnik and Voyager 

• @the_road_to_oz. That is super cute!!  Not sure we are quite that enthusiastic with the theme, but still amazing!  We also need to have the "J" name debate.  My family has had all J names for five generations, so not sure if we are making it six.  

@feather_heather. We also thought it was a good gender neutral theme.  We will find out in two weeks (hurry up and get here!!), but aren't sure we will be big blue or pink people.  Of course I am sure people will send us clothes in those themes.  
  • @feather_heather. Here are the pictures boards we made for the baby's room.  We had each of my parents make one and then my husband and I also made one.  Now we just need my sister to make something to match.  Will probably not include the in-laws, but my parents bought all the materials for these crafts and were here to do them.  

Not sure if we will actually get around to painting the room or not.  It is off white now.  
  • @dobiemom11 - Ohmygosh those are adorable!!