1st Trimester
Options

Overheating 4+2 preg with my 2nd

I just found out I was pregnant yesterday with our second and I am super worried that I put baby at risk for NTD. I live in the Midwest and we had a heat index warning (100 degrees) and I was out in my garden for a half hour or so ( I was in head to toe sweatpants because the bigs love to bite me). I came inside and I was drenched with sweat and stripped down to take a cold shower. I then took a test and it was positive. I am so incredibly concerned that I have unintentionally harmed baby. 

Re: Overheating 4+2 preg with my 2nd

• Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    edited July 2020
    I just found out I was pregnant yesterday with our second and I am super worried that I put baby at risk for NTD. I live in the Midwest and we had a heat index warning (100 degrees) and I was out in my garden for a half hour or so ( I was in head to toe sweatpants because the bigs love to bite me). I came inside and I was drenched with sweat and stripped down to take a cold shower. I then took a test and it was positive. I am so incredibly concerned that I have unintentionally harmed baby. 

You are likely fine. Ask your doctor when you make your appointment, but your body is a good insulator for your baby.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    If you became dehydrated, passed out and unconscious due to overheating- I would be more worried.